Your 5 Most enjoyable maps

Xtractor

1) Daybreak - most underrated map in the game, always loved this map since it was introduced

2) Reservoir - it's just a really well-designed map in all regards.

3) Walls - solid classic

4) Goldrush - best match I've ever played was on this map

5) Islands - solid classic

Honorable mentions:

Crash Site - the map with the most potential for fun matches. I think adding AGT/Ob to this map would improve it, since now it usually turns into a sneak fest or a quick tank steamroll

Storm - why is this map so rarely played? It's really, really good. The excessive siege potential of some of the bridges could be a problem, though.

Complex - solid classic. Am I the only one who forgets the actual "Complex", i.e. the tunnels, exist on this map? Think I've spent a grand total of like 2 minutes down there in total. Great above-ground map, though.

Edited by svett89
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gliven

1. Outposts - THE best map for tankers. Good sight lines. Lots of open space. Plenty of cover in between. Different elevations in the terrain. Plenty of opportunities for flanking and outmaneuvering.

2. Tomb - One of the more balanced maps imho. Both teams have a fair shot at winning at both early and late game

3. Arctic Stronghold - Just needs a few tweaks to fix a couple broken rocket rush spots and i think would be one of the most competitive maps

4. Islands - The best map to make big plays on, which could change the flow of the game

5. Field X - GDI slanted map, but Nod has a good shot if their early game is on point, or if GDI is sleeping in the tunnels. Had plenty of epic battles happen on this map.

Least favourite maps

1. Snow - Only good for 10 v 10, and even then, still feels cramped. Vehicle play is almost non-existent, infantry play in the tunnels is cancer, especially if a nuke spammer decides to join the game. Overall my least favourite map.

2. Snow X - Same answer as above, the changes to the map didn't really achieve much to alleviate the problems of its predecessor.

3. Oasis - Walls but smaller and much worse

4. Whiteout - Control the hill, control the game. If your early game isn't 100% perfect you are going to lose. also....
image.jpeg.3f586d7b32b9f66c3dce5a840392e133.jpeg

5. Hourglass - Gimmicky map. Re-imagining of a classic map that wasn't really fun to begin with. Vehicle battles can occasionally be fun on the two side lanes, but is usually out shined by dominance of the center. Meta ends up being, hold the sides and buff in the middle. Only use the sides if your enemy is sleeping. The only fun i have of this map if when i'm spood beasting down the hill in an apc.

1 - Daybreak (got to be the funnest map for me. Rushing is a hard thing to get away with, especially early game. It is just different from most other maps in a way I can't explain. Scouting is very important on this map. Nod in general can get away with some cheeky shit, as can GDI if they play their cards right. But in general as long as both teams have a few people scouting their base weaknesses, all the cheeky shit can be avoided.)

2 - Lakeside (Never played a match of Lakeside I hated, cept for the 3 hour ones. Plus it has h̷̛͕̀í̶̮̅s̵̪̼̙̏ ̴̢̓͒d̴̗̫̞̉̑̎o̵̠͂͐̚͝m̷̝̮̦̽͌̉̎ả̸̱̪̰͚̍i̵̜̬̓̀́̊ṇ̵͍̩̄̈́̓̑͜ in it.)

3 and 4 - Steppe and Desolation (Both maps are fun and move away from the standard tiny ass maps where rocket rushing is the only viable option for winning.)

5 - Crash Site (Highly underappreciated map. I know its broken in some aspects, like the chem troopers being so op its not even funny, but the atmosphere of this map is perfection.)

Every other map in the game sucks cept maybe gold rush. Change my mind.

1.) Eyes as Gdi cause of the Gdi Bridge gunner spot

2.) Reservoir as Gdi cause of the dam and the strategical Variety 

3.) Field x as Gdi cause of Outre Vehicle Route mrls superiority

4.) Field as Gdi cause of nice inf battles in tunnel

5.) Lakeside as Gdi cause it is a Transport helicopter engineer only map 

1. Islands
2. Walls
3. Field X
4. Sands (from old Ren)
5. Oasis
6. Canyon
7. City flying (from old Ren)
8. Tomb
9. Reservoir 
10. Lake Side
11. Field
12. Xmountain
13. Complex
14. Under
15. Fort
16. Glacier (from old Ren)
17. Snow / Snow x
18. Volcano
19. Eye
20. Outposts

Love small maps 64/64. Disconnect on big maps.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Former Developers

I'm not surprised that Islands is currently the highest voted map. Its always great fun.

@Xtractor you know you could have made a poll right? Would be a lot easier to see the stats that way.

As for my list, this is a tough one...

1) Islands (Yeah... me too. Never a boring match)
2) Reservoir (Low-key one of the best maps. Very consistently fun to play)
3) Tunnels (Under rated map imo, I have fun every time in this map. Its just too bad it crashes for people a lot)
4) Outposts (One of the few maps that encapsulates the entire sandbox with mixed combat very well)
5) Goldrush (Never know with this one. Can go either way from either sides of the map) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

where do i get these maps

Most of these maps are already installed with the base game of Renegade-X, but a few of the custom maps can be downloaded by joining a server where the map is in rotation and maybe one or two maps like Fort for example are being re-worked and still in development. Newly released maps are in a separate sub-forum.