Pick Up Games (PUGs)

yosh56

• Totem Arts Staff

Upcoming videos are all about a sad story of a pizza that never got delivered to @Agent

image.png.f54d89f7fd85d1da7538ff553409f24c.png

#PrayForAgent

Anyhoo

PUG - August 26th 2017

Round 1: GoldRush

Edited by TK0104
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Agent said:

But seriously, I ordered a pizza at the beginning of the PUG and didn't get it until near the end of the PUG (over 2 hours late). When I called, they said they "got hit by the internet". I feel like that about sums up Pizza Hut.

Maybe the delivery guy's car / bike got stolen... hue hue hue.

Was a nice guy - we really need a second commander though. Basically, the team that had Boxes won.

Edited by Crowsy
  • Like 1

On 28-8-2017 at 4:02 PM, DarkSn4ke said:

couldnt understand nvidiatitan most of the time :/ was too quiet. bad microphone settings?

No unfortunately something which happens during a lot of PUG's. He is either broadcasting (Italian?) recipes cause his mic is open while a women talks to him, or in the background  shouting stuff like. "Quick, ref!" , "The Bridge now...." or "O Noo the Powerplant" while you don't know if it's that he needs help attacking or defending. When asked there is never a response....  I can only guess about the reason(s)....

Edited by Ryz
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The map wasn't in the rotation, due to it not being part of the default rotation.

Once someone pointed it out, I added it back.

Default rotation from the file:

"CNC-Field","CNC-Walls_Flying","CNC-GoldRush","CNC-Whiteout","CNC-Islands","CNC-LakeSide","CNC-Mesa","CNC-Volcano","CNC-Xmountain", "CNC-Canyon", "CNC-Complex", "CNC-Under"

• Totem Arts Staff
On 16-9-2017 at 10:59 PM, Gliven said:

we were also trying to get vehicles ontop of the hon. But people kept either stealing our med tank ramps, or killing us

I said it before, I fixed that already so it ain't possible :)

I killed you guys to made it clear you were wasting your time :P

8 minutes ago, Quincy said:

I precisely remember saying "I think you can infiltrate our ref via backdoor with only activating one mine" at the start of the game.

@Ryz

Show this to Machete please so he doesn't use this mining technique ;)

Just sent the video to him via Whatsapp since he doesn't have an account here afaik. Thx for the info!

• Like 1

• Agent pinned, featured, unpinned and pinned this topic
Guest Gliven

This pug was really unenjoyable for me. Im not blaming anyone. I had problems with discord :(. Every so often i would get disconnected then reconnected and then i couldnt hear anyone talk. So it was very hard for me to coordinate with anyone. Also my internet cut out and i missed the last match. RIP

32 minutes ago, Gliven said:

This pug was really unenjoyable for me. Im not blaming anyone. I had problems with discord :(. Every so often i would get disconnected then reconnected and then i couldnt hear anyone talk. So it was very hard for me to coordinate with anyone. Also my internet cut out and i missed the last match. RIP

In-bold parts are probably related? Before cutting out having disconnect issues, yet your post reads as if Discord was partly to blame anyway when it wasn't it was just your mischievous connection. :( :cry:

12 minutes ago, TK0104 said:

Jeez coulda prevented that.....

yes indeed. you opened the door, started disarming mines and moved 1 step closer. 1 step too close. The GT couldnt hit you and any GDI would haave seen you if they looked over there. So no need to snuggle against the WF wall.

just a comment ;)

1 hour ago, Henk said:

Did they vote Mesa knowing they were gonna be GDI? xD 

Actually it was decided to not vote and we got Mesa served. Mesa sucks if you ask me cause it's (at least in a PUG) always super predicable and boring. It even sucked harder cause 'we' were GDI... 

Lesson for the future: vote :)

• Totem Arts Staff
27 minutes ago, Ryz said:

Actually it was decided to not vote and we got Mesa served. Mesa sucks if you ask me cause it's (at least in a PUG) always super predicable and boring. It even sucked harder cause 'we' were GDI... 

GG well played😂

13 hours ago, Ryz said:

if noone votes, the first map of the possible choices gets picked by default.

Saving GDI harv & destroying the Nod harvy + focusing on the short route is (usually) the only way to win Mesa as GDI (during a PUG).

your rocket rush was almost successfull, but even then - some of you gained a lot of ponts -> cash, GDI failed to keep control of the short route. but I guess most of GDI were too frustrated at this time due to the Mesa pick :(

Edited by DarkSn4ke

Exactly what happened @DarkSn4ke...

Personally I did what was asked (don't vote) but for me just the loading screen of the map made my mood got killed quicker than Nod took down our base. 

BTW: I guess I won't be able to join the next PUG because of a photoshoot. 

Our choice at that point was:

- Tunnels: already played it that evening, so no

- Mesa, Volcano and Whiteout: all Nod maps - Whiteout and Volcano also sniper-heavy and we were at a disadvantage here

-XMountain: best for GDI here, but to be fair it's a really bad map and I didn't feel for another vehicle slugfest

So I just told people not to vote to see what happens, althought I expected Mesa to win in that case. Fair enough, we almost took out the ref with the very nice rocket rush.

9 minutes ago, Quincy said:

-XMountain: best for GDI here, but to be fair it's a really bad map and I didn't feel for another vehicle slugfest

what? o.O

it's a good map. both teams can easily defend their harvy (Nod got a slight advantage, due to close strip spawn). the only reason why Xmountain can be a "bad" map (during a PUG): 1 team manages to trap the other team inside their base at once.... ok, then it's boring (usually). Especially if the sieging team has the Sniper advantage.

But if both teams push out vehicles & field rep + Support Units (Patch / Sydney / Mob & LCG / Raver / Doza) and fight for the field it's super cool :) this depends - ofc - on the PUGs tanker balance. but the last PUGs were very balanced in this regard.

13 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Volcano and Whiteout: all Nod maps - Whiteout and Volcano also sniper-heavy and we were at a disadvantage here

PUG GDI teams have proven to be capable winning both maps. just focus on the whiteout-hill only. for Volcano: just play standard & safe. kill harvy (defend GDI harvis mandatory) get Gunners, 1 APC & MRLS + 3 hotties for the first arty wave + push meds, meds until someone can buy a mammoth (preferably Veteran++). if GDI manages to hold Nod back, they have good chances to win (Nod side of the Cave is usually more cramped imo), if meds & gunner focus one vehicle at a time to trigger the techies, they can switch & kill the other vehicles instead.

again: tanker balance given + 1-2 good infantry / support player / team. or in general: balanced teams.

• Agent locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic