Looking for Artists - Join us!

Havoc89

• Former Developers

Hey community!

Are you a 3D artist? If so we want to hear from you! We're looking to expand the team and we're looking for both aspiring and veteran 3D Artists specifically specializing in Characters, Vehicles & Weapons. So give us a shout here in this topic, or if you prefer to remain anonymous then private message me!

Character Artist:

• High / Low Poly Modeling
  • Create animation friendly geometry
  • Unwrapping / Texturing

Vehicle Artist:

• Unwrapping / Texturing

Weapon Artist:

• Unwrapping / Texturing
  • 1st & 3rd Person Optimization (Optional)

If you aren't specialized in any of these categories, but still wish to help, then let us know anyways! We're always looking to expand the team, and with your help we can make everything more awesome!

RxJoinUs.png.9e18306e84f5e3eb91d2f41388ae72f4.png

• Like 4

• Totem Arts Staff

I always can help the team with maps. I am starting my game artist education around august/september so I could help.

Edited by TK0104

• Former Developers
1 hour ago, M.P said:

Well I'm not sure this will help but I mod C&C Gen ZH and I know how to make models for it (Including unwrap and texture). Will show samples of my models if asked.

We would absolutely love to see your work.

Not a 3D artist, but I'm a voiceover artist and a wizard at editing audio, creating motion-graphics/after effects/etc. Also a programmer but the overhead of learning the entire UDK from scratch is a little beyond what I have time to commit to at the moment. But if you guys need someone to record new taunts/radio commands, edit game sounds or create any sorts of animations, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

• Like 3

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 2:24 AM, djlaptop said:

Not a 3D artist, but I'm a voiceover artist and a wizard at editing audio, creating motion-graphics/after effects/etc. Also a programmer but the overhead of learning the entire UDK from scratch is a little beyond what I have time to commit to at the moment. But if you guys need someone to record new taunts/radio commands, edit game sounds or create any sorts of animations, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Ditto. 

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Here's a bit of my latest work. Since it is still Work In Progress it looks quite boring and empty at the moment. You can also check out the series of it aswell:

Dunes_1.thumb.png.d147fe1009c8c35752b2ca8f430db064.png

591dfa3612e01_Dunes2.thumb.png.5b22c706fedcaed83f3aed826c86b074.png

• Like 2

I'm apathetic, yet helpful, as the title suggests.

I did some research into fonts though, a frequently discussed topic. I shared it with Agent already though, who can hopefully do something with it, or if another dev sees it, they can do something with it.

I can do some voices, mostly corny joke ones, I can do some audio effects, some mapping, some very crude modelling, and some coding, and literally none of it is even remotely development quality though.

I was able to convert my avatar into an animated GIF, just one more of many underpowered talents.

I actually suck at playing the game too. At least I'm here to have fun, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best of luck, talented hands. God's speed.

• Like 4

• Former Developers

@tintin OMG TINTIN! I'd love to have you back on the team, its been years! Sent you a PM.

@Madkill40 @djlaptop

We're not looking for Voice over work just yet. But I may get in touch at some point.

@TK0104

Thanks for applying, but as of right now we have quite a few level makers. I'll let you know if something opens up in the future.

@YagiHige

Dunno what to tell you man :P 

• Like 1

I might be of help.

Usually - when I am not blowing stuff up in RenX - I am a Motion-Designer with quite some knowledge in Modeling. At least my modeling knowledge far exceeds what Motion-Designers are capable of when it comes to 3D and modeling ;)

I have no specialized education nor am I full-time modeling but I know my way around Topology farely well by now and I do speak the "language" in general.

I just quickly picked some references (see attachments) but I could provide you with some extra smaller examples!

Actually I am unemployed right now - at least for the next two months - (quit my job last week) and will get access to my work from my former company on wednesday.

I am horrible at unwrapping and - oh- I forgot to mention I am only "native" to Cinema4D. Yea, you heard that right ;) I know a little 3DsMax. But since exchanging OBJ would be "enough" - I guess - this shouldn't be too much of an obstacle. 

TRIAL_F12017_SteeringWheel.jpg

F12017_SteeringWheel_TopMidPoly.jpg

F12017_SteeringWheel_TopsubD.jpg

F1_TwoThirds_TopoMidPoly.jpg

F1_TwoThirds_TopoSubD.jpg

montage_car.jpg

• Like 1

Hello. I am quite new in this group. I have a diploma as a 3d artist from SAE Athens but I'm totally inexperienced. (meaning I haven't work anywhere. Not inexperienced with the programs ;-p) I've been told that I'm quite good at animation (quite...) and I know the animation loops but I could try to do anything. I think of myself more as a generalist. Now, I don't have too many projects to showcase and most of them are WIP (stuck in that state forever... :-) ) but I have this. This is the high poly. The low poly is not finished because it wasn't required for the exercise I made this model for. Anyway. If you think I can help tell me. Render.thumb.jpg.3932e26c7e5041a40fd4a54fade4b899.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I am a concept artist, usually working to make visuals rather than game-ready models (I use Fusion 360/Zbrush/3DCoat/Marvelous Designer for modelling, Octane Render Cinema4D for rendering and Photoshop for 2D and render paint overs).. But I'd love to help out with illustrations or any new developments. Might just do some fan-art anyways x)

• Ruud033 pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

hello you probably know me as kira the conqueror (:     i may not be an artist, but i am a programmer. 

C\C++  C#  JAVA and also web programming - JavaScript , Jquery and such .

just recently finish college as full stack developer (if you know software practical engineering, it's a special degree made in israel) .

right now i only got a final project which is an application to create, and looking for a job so i got pretty much time enough for working on scripts unreal script 

i have this last test to make and then i'm yours.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

So since I started with my education I was able to create something nicy nice for a beginner.

It's a remade model by myself of the Nod GAU-3 Pulse Rifle from C&C Reborn. The idea was to make the model something more tactical than the original one. I think I'll remake some some Reborn stuff to increase my skills. But still I like how it looks. I showed it to some classmates and they were very impressed.

So this was made a couple days ago when I though the model was finished

59d3b3dcc856d_GAU-3PulseRifle.thumb.png.54af8058c89f02ce19721803fabd9b08.png

59d3b3d93f671_GAU-3PulseRifle2.thumb.png.b749d4d57284f752e6ebe8086e4f9e1c.png

And the next day I decided to remove the silencer since that would make not really sence for a standard Rifle soldier.

59d3b43062d8e_GAU-3PulseRifle3.thumb.png.22304d13ecf4038572fab193a0de69ee.png

I think texturing will be the hardest part for me at the moment since I haven't got any lessons on texturing models yet only editing existing textures. And yes this isn't Autodesk 3DS Max but Autodesk Maya.

EDIT: Got a bit of an issue. When I load the scene it crashes. To be honest it is a crappy made model so I think that's the reason why it's crashing.

Edited by TK0104
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TK0104 said:

So since I started with my education I was able to create something nicy nice for a beginner.

It's a remade model by myself of the Nod GAU-3 Pulse Rifle from C&C Reborn. The idea was to make the model something more tactical than the original one. I think I'll remake some some Reborn stuff to increase my skills.

Great to hear that you are enjoying your course and developing your skills!

Try to look at some real guns to get inspiration and a better idea of proportions ;)

Keep going!

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎03 at 12:02 PM, TK0104 said:

It's a remade model by myself of the Nod GAU-3 Pulse Rifle from C&C Reborn. The idea was to make the model something more tactical than the original one. I think I'll remake some some Reborn stuff to increase my skills. But still I like how it looks. I showed it to some classmates and they were very impressed.

So this was made a couple days ago when I though the model was finished

59d3b3dcc856d_GAU-3PulseRifle.thumb.png.54af8058c89f02ce19721803fabd9b08.png

59d3b3d93f671_GAU-3PulseRifle2.thumb.png.b749d4d57284f752e6ebe8086e4f9e1c.png

And the next day I decided to remove the silencer since that would make not really sence for a standard Rifle soldier.

59d3b43062d8e_GAU-3PulseRifle3.thumb.png.22304d13ecf4038572fab193a0de69ee.png

I think texturing will be the hardest part for me at the moment since I haven't got any lessons on texturing models yet only editing existing textures. And yes this isn't Autodesk 3DS Max but Autodesk Maya.

EDIT: Got a bit of an issue. When I load the scene it crashes. To be honest it is a crappy made model so I think that's the reason why it's crashing.

see if you can rig it up.  I've found a ton of tuts on the net covering much of what's needed for this

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

well im on another hiatus after burning myself out (again) on several projects at once, but if you want you can feel free to take any of my projects if you wish to use them:

screen1.png

left to right: cobra, tank destroyer, osprey, superhind.

screen2.png

left to right:  heavy tank (nod) , GDI LAV,  Rocket Artillery.

screen3.png

Left to Right:  TOW Humvee,  Mk19 Grenade Humvee.

most were in late stage testing and/or feature complete, but i never got around to "polishing" them.  ._.

as for my experince,  I have some knowledge with 3DS max, but im no means an advanced user of it though.

Edited by iridesence
  • Like 1

some of the works of have done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APM9YBCodus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN_pgWF1Vbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1s5BokvnAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px4PlSTWEJ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1vEZPnG-VE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4pC4I2LMAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvTiyfzaPwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p0mq0_i8KQ

some where obviously not balanced and/or were using placeholder stats, and at different stages of development, or have been dropped,  but i figured some examples might be nice to show other then pictures.  most of what i have done is just personal projects, and a few "vehicle variants" (aka: TOW humvee/mk19 humvee).

• 5 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Hi folks,

So just came across this stickied thread, and thought I'd pop in and ask:

Are you guys still looking for artists, if so, I would gladly lend a hand if I can.

I'm a veteran 3D Artist, specializing in weapons, vehicles and almost all things mechanical and hard surface related. My organic character skills require work though 🙃, however if you need a custom high quality sci-fi weapon or vehicle, or even a mechanical character I can help, I have experience with every generation Unreal Engine, UE1 all the way to UE4, Gamebryo/Creation engine, unity, and Source engine.

You can visit my website for most of my work, ranging from still renders, to videos, animations, game mods, web interactive models and plenty more.

At the moment my internet connection is a bit limited, but I'll be glad to help where ever I can.

Kind regards

https://xelusprime.wixsite.com/ettiennevorster

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1