Pick Up Games (PUGs)

yosh56

53 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

One sided PUG like yesterday, I think teams were balanced. Just communication problems (as usual xD).

I'm not even sure it was exactly communication problems. MOST people on our team it seemed knew what they were doing, just our* execution was sloppy and we never seemed to be fully organized.

Edited by Redarmy

1 minute ago, Redarmy said:

I'm not even sure it was exactly communication problems. MOST people on our team it seemed knew what they were doing, just are execution was sloppy and we never seemed to be fully organized.

e.g. GoldRush: someone calls out bibi inc bar bridge, 2 minutes later Mamba destroys Bar, 2 bar campers didnt react for some reason :(

e.g. Under: we recaptured Nods field side, had Quincy & spagg as arties & Schmitz as LT. I requested more healers, we all died, got no more healers (ok that was probably due to boi & bibi farming healers)

1 hour ago, DarkSn4ke said:

e.g. GoldRush: someone calls out bibi inc bar bridge, 2 minutes later Mamba destroys Bar, 2 bar campers didnt react for some reason :(

e.g. Under: we recaptured Nods field side, had Quincy & spagg as arties & Schmitz as LT. I requested more healers, we all died, got no more healers (ok that was probably due to boi & bibi farming healers)

Hey! I was also tanking/healing! 

Also the only reason we lost goldrush, is because i left to go to the bathroom. Sorry guys, Next time i will just poop my pants instead.

@Gliven no offense meant :/ I just wanted to give 2 examples. I partly fucked up Glasses cuz I joined late... so what.

We just didnt do our best. And I think it was miscommunication. Though @Redarmy has a point about bad execution. If I consider the individual skill level of out team - Volcano felt like a newbie massacre...

Glasses - Both teams go standard tank spam going back and forth. Nod stank rush with field control destroys 3 buildings and flame tanks/nukes finish off the rest. Spy raveshaw almost takes down Nod PP, but wouldn't matter anyways

Volcano - GDI turtles and denies the early flame rush. Both harvesters survive, and Nod rolls out a mix of tanks and GDI goes for meds. Probably the biggest mistake by Nod was not committing to the harvester after the rush. GDI wins the tank battle and slowly overwhelms Nod.

Goldrush - Infiltrator destroys OB in the early minutes of the game, but Nod eco was high and spammed out artys and flame tanks to control the field. Perma damage was done to ref and AGT, meanwhile an infiltrator kills barracks. Stank rush finishes off AGT and GDI surrenders

Under - GDI farms for heroic with nonstop med/mrls spam and rolls over Nod

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

Today I missed @Denuvian -_-

One sided PUG like yesterday, I think teams were balanced. Just communication problems (as usual xD).

Aww, but probably wouldn't have made a difference anyway, we already had that kind of one-sided PUGs before. :/

20 hours ago, Gliven said:

Also the only reason we lost goldrush, is because i left to go to the bathroom. Sorry guys, Next time i will just poop my pants instead.

Eww, that reminds me of that South Park WoW episode... xD

• Totem Arts Staff

Round 2: Volcano

Round 3: Goldrush

This episode should actually be released tomorrow but this dumbass forgot to set the video to private. You guys are lucky!

Edited by TK0104

Nothing interesting

Field - Standard tank spam, Nod having the upper hand due to comm center control and eventually rolls down GDI with veterancy

Whiteout - Nod has harvy advantage and wins immediately with artys

Tomb - Same thing as field

Lakeside - GDI starts with tank spam and perma damages Ref, Nod answers with an Apache rush and does the same to GDI. In the midst of that both Nod sams go down and an orca rush comes in but nothing happens. GDI goes back to tanks and rolls down Nod

3-1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yosh56 said:

All I learned from this (Saturday) PUG is that A) People need to learn how to turn airstrikes, and B) Our MRLS not arcing their fire over the rocks to drop on Techs is probably why we struggled so hard on Field. 

(airstrike)I did 3 or 4 in field ..tbh idk how effective they all were ;P

Something positive in Lakeside we did very good against the orcas rush ,,it was a sure shot for them we managed to save all our buildings Nice !

Edited by Xtractor

News of the Sunday PUG:

20170212201912_1.thumb.jpg.f1f6515f0b6bf4fa88efb756b0f3f087.jpg

The 2nd weekly buggy rush occured! Due to a false start of @Ukill and others, a Nukeall was needed...

20170212204203_1.thumb.jpg.af23f0e9b590e87d216d138718438147.jpg

Gdi team prepares to leave islands_flying to seek a better vacation Island. This one had nod rats :P

20170212213935_1.thumb.jpg.7b0301bc5239366db146a1a286084808.jpg

@Ukill has discovered the power of the messiah and can now float through the map! O.o Too bad he didn't use it to win the game...

That's all folks!

• Like 2

Islands FLYING! (sort of)

Two flametroopers swim to GDI ref and infiltrate it unnoticed before it even gets mined. It gets destroyed and GDI surrenders. Hopefully we can test the flying element of Islands next PUG, looks nice if you ask me.

Tunnels

Both first harvesters survive, but Nod manages to dominate the field with arties and light tanks early on. They get pushed back at ~10th minute, but before GDI can lock Nod in the base, a stank rush reaches & obliterates GDI base,

Tomb

Long game. Even vehicle fight most of the time, with Nod having a slight advantage on the harvester side which gave them the economic advantage. Stank rush destroyed GT and opened the GDI base to SBHs. Triple nuke on bar + wf + pp destroyed the pp and GDI slowly crumbled. A sneaky hotwire almost managed to destroy Nod ref, almost being the key word... another stank rush destroyed WF and it was game over.

Complex

A miracle 3 gunners + 1 deadeye rush through the tunnel destroyed HoN. Nod responded with stank rush that took barracks down to 20 health. Had they destroyed bar, the game would have lasted a lot longer, but instead Nod base crumbled to mass meds and poi with a ramjet.

3-1, balanced teams, one with more luck than the other. Good games!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Schmitzenbergh said:

News of the Sunday PUG: The 2nd weekly buggy rush occured! Due to a false start of @Ukill and others, a Nukeall was needed...

Not on my Watch :P 

@Ukill has discovered the power of the messiah and can now float through the map! O.o Too bad he didn't use it to win the game...

Thats what they call godlike ;)  @Schmitzenbergh

Well saturday was fun, but introducing someone to a game he never played before was kinda hard while playing myself... Guess 'nulleke' (our guest) was stuck or searching for stuff more than he did for the team. Since I did something to the laptop (by accident) he couldn't really see the teamcolours also which made it more difficult.

Next week there will be another 'new' person :) who played the old Renegade for years, will be easier.

Edited by Ryz

On 2/12/2017 at 7:09 AM, Xtractor said:

Something positive in Lakeside we did very good against the orcas rush ,,it was a sure shot for them we managed to save all our buildings Nice

Cool, I'm on a Thumbnail. Also, I only sacrificed on the apache because it's stupid to diffuse mines in that situation, but he was doing it anyway. Ideally, one Hotwire sacrifices on the mines, and the other hotwire/sydney go in, plant C4, and hotwire heals sydney while sydney dumps on defenders.

That's how things work ideally, anyway, but not in that game it didn't.

• Agent pinned, featured, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Agent locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic