Pick Up Games (PUGs)

yosh56

It was a good PUG overall, aside the first two games in which we were disorganised, but it got better in the final three and there were good ones. The unorganised rush from our Ref on Volcano was one of my favourite moments on Ren. :D

However I felt the teams were unbalanced if I'm honest, not anyone's fault it was just how the teams were when we were all ready. But it was pretty frustrating (not meaning to offend anyone!).

Still it was a good PUG in the end despite that, good fun. :)

If there's interest, just hop on TeamSpeak at the usual time and I'll toss a server up for it.

Appreciated. Otherwise, just show up around the usual PUG time, and you can either join a server as a group, or if there is 24 then Agent can start a passworded server but you are likely going to need to moderate yourself, I am not going to balance teams but may be there and watch TS to make sure teams are in their chat channels so players aren't listening into enemy chat.

Maybe to makes things different you could do the pug on the custom map server :P

Would be nice

We talk about this a lot after a PUG, when we could have 10 people a team test a map's viability in a serious matchup.

Unfortunately, given playerbase and how one must download a map before joining, it is possible to sustain a modding community, but difficult to playtest a modder's map on a whim as a group.

Still, we can try if someone suggests it after next PUG, to have everyone who didn't leave, download the map in question, and load a match with it, so we can see how it rates in gameplay against Canyon, Walls, Field, and Islands.

You could make an installer for custom maps so you don't have to download a lot of files.

I'm shadowing the RenX test server maps for some time now with my unofficial RenX Xommunity Map Pack.

If it is desired I can make it public. It features all the maps in a neat Rar file with a description.

Huh depends. What time is the PUG again from now (Don't say it in CET time and whatnot. just say 6, 7 or 8 hours from now. Much easier to calculate)

From the moment you made the post it would be a little under 8 hours...

First PUG for me and thoroughly enjoyed it! Looking forward to the next one already.

It was a weird one, also it usually lasts longer. Glad you enjoyed.

Also, it's the last one for this patch. Don't go off topic in this thread like I am about to :P but the patch is being pushed to the public launcher as an update likely in the next 24 hours.

I only brought it up, because preliminary patch notes are public, the patch is expected soon anyway, and it's nice when big changes occur 5 days before a PUG so everyone can get used to it.

I liked the amount of people and I had a lot of laughs, but the games weren't so good if you ask me :P

Islands

Standard PUG-level Islands, GDI locked in their base by arties and flamers. All inf rushes attempted by us were called out early and failed. GDI surrendered after losing Ref & WF to vehicle mass while half of the team was inf rushing.

Field

One of the most entertaining Field games that I played. A lot of teamwork on both teams, a lot of inf rushes (the 20 engi vs. 20 engi duel in Nod ref in the very beginning was epic xD). The first rush that succeeded was SBH outside C4-ing GDI ref. After losing control of the field, being behind in points and having no credits left GDI surrendered.

XMountain

Nothing special, time victory for Nod after not much action. The only destroyed building was the Nod Refinery, in the last seconds via a gunner rush, but that didn't help GDI with points. I guess if GDI were 14/14 vehicles the whole game or if that humvee rush in the beginning succeded (we almost killed PP and Ref), the game would have been different.

GoldRush (interrupted)

The game started with a rocket rush for GDI Ref by Nod and some kind of an inf rush (?) for HoN by GDI. Both buildings were destroyed and it benefitted Nod, who gained control of the field and had a 2k point lead when the game crashed for everyone and we didn't continue it.

Overall score was 2-1 (2-2 assuming Nod won GoldRush?) and Nod won all games. 26v26 at peak :D

So, everyone has ironed out the details of gameplay in this patch, and is ready for the PUG tomorrow?

I have yet to play a single pub on this patch yet :)

The 64 player mutator will be running on the server and I've made some adjustments to make it run even more smoothly on the server.

So, everyone has ironed out the details of gameplay in this patch, and is ready for the PUG tomorrow?

I have yet to play a single pub on this patch yet :)

The 64 player mutator will be running on the server and I've made some adjustments to make it run even more smoothly on the server.

This sounds really interesting.. could you post some more info about the adjustments?

• Agent pinned, featured, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Agent locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic