Pick Up Games (PUGs)

yosh56

It's far from making the MCT a useless target... like Lava pointed out, having a building hanging around with only half of its health is kind of a big deal.

Since most people only complain about the MCT being saved by 1 instant of repairgun on the outside wall between timed c4 explosions, could you tweak c4 damage versus mct to do exactly 5% overkill to building health or something?

*shrug* just a suggestion that is moderate rather than extreme. Gives c4 destruction more of a benefit of the doubt than right now where buildings are saved by 1%, and defenders benefit of the doubt because they can save a building if 1 hotwire repairs the mct while c4 detonate on it or 2 repair the outside but just barely.

No reason why? Nothing on what is going on? Confused on why.

Cancelling a weekly event 24 hours before it starts is in poor taste. Some people might have cleared time on their schedules to attend. Could have decided mid week to at least spread the word more.

It is cancelled because of the DDOS attacks producing severe server problems

Maybe we can try to do something else (if too few will join due to the calling message) like joining a normal server and just teaming up on ts? Perhaps we could use Agent's server and just hide it from the servers list...it should be enough? There are plenty of solutions if people want to (we saw that last pug when the pug went on anyway , even if the main / usual organizers didn't make it last week due to different problems).

As Bananas said , it would be a shame to just call it ...people ( atleast me ) have been waiting this pug since...last pug :P , but I do understand Bong's side aswell ,even with the protection the ddos-er managed to crash the server so it is something pretty serious (might be wrong since i don't know jack about servers and how to handle them xD ).

I am there, but I understand from this topic the DDOS'er found another way to bring the server down? Hope B0NG or other people find another way to finetune the protection otherwise there is not much to play.

Today's games were fun (albeit, just a little smaller)! Looking forward to next week's.

Hiding the PUG server from the server listings would be possible. Just shoot me a pm with the server details and I could hide it. Then people would need to get its ip and port from TS.

Easier just to have the server operator modify their hosts file tbh.

Super-Kh":3w4tiilw]so I was thinking, how about making a steam group for PUG ? that way we can send a message to everyone in the group to make sure if they are coming or not and notify who forgot.

I am down for it, but have some issues with steam, what if you take the lead Super, you know most people!

This is already a thing, and is acceptable at your own discretion.

Alternatively though, for those who boycott Steam EULA or otherwise refuse to use steam, just show up to the teamspeak at the usual time and you may receive instructions on how to patch into the game via udk console command.

Was good!

Volcano

This time Volcano wasn't as intense as usually. I think both teams were organized and played well, keeping the vehicle count high, pushing back and forth. The two hotwires that managed to sneak in and kill first HoN and then Ref decided about the game, GDI won.

GoldRush

Also not very intense, typical game on GoldRush. GDI dominating the field with meds/mrls, point whoring the Obelisk and winning the game on time. Nod almost managed to kill the AGT with an early APC rush and if they had succeeded, the game would have probably gone different.

XMountain

GDI did what it should always be doing on this map - spam meds :P Nod's organization wasn't the best, we didn't have enough tanks and lost quickly after a few waves of meds.

Whiteout

Epic game!! One of the single best games I've played on at PUGs. Nod played very well for the bigger part of the game, rushing at all times and not giving GDI time to breathe, let alone take control of the hill :P After we lost both PP and Barracks and were so far behind in points it seemed that it's game over.... but turns out not! Thanks to Crowsy, who managed to sneak in and take Airstrip down :D After that we lost our Ref, but we had Bong join us and he immediately organized the epic orca rush that managed to kill both Nod PP and Ref and give us a 500 points lead and a comfortable position to just siege Hand of Nod that at one point went down (did Nod stop repairing on purpose or what was that?). What a comeback!

2-2 draw in total. The teams were pretty balanced and it was good fun :)

• Totem Arts Staff
Was good!

Whiteout

Epic game!! One of the single best games I've played on at PUGs. Nod played very well for the bigger part of the game, rushing at all times and not giving GDI time to breathe, let alone take control of the hill :P After we lost both PP and Barracks and were so far behind in points it seemed that it's game over.... but turns out not! Thanks to Crowsy, who managed to sneak in and take Airstrip down :D After that we lost our Ref, but we had Bong join us and he immediately organized the epic orca rush that managed to kill both Nod PP and Ref and give us a 500 points lead and a comfortable position to just siege Hand of Nod that at one point went down (did Nod stop repairing on purpose or what was that?). What a comeback!

And we actually knew it was coming too, since we had around 8 sbhs waiting at the wf.

XMountain

GDI did what it should always be doing on this map - spam meds :P Nod's organization wasn't the best, we didn't have enough tanks and lost quickly after a few waves of meds.

Whiteout

2-2 draw in total. The teams were pretty balanced and it was good fun :)

These two games I remember the most, my internet was picking up then.

I was repping the HoN on Whiteout but I got kicked for idling, I wasn't AFK I just didn't move my mouse enough obviously! By the time I got back in it was over, but there were only 2 mins left anyway! :D We so should have shot the Orcas as those SBHs!

Yeah the teams were very good this week. :)

I was repping the HoN on Whiteout but I got kicked for idling, I wasn't AFK I just didn't move my mouse enough obviously!

The kick limit was set for Vertiso amounts of AFK, aka 7 minutes. How do you even last in regular servers when you tend to stand that motionless for 7 minutes.

Hmm overall pretty good, what I liked was the fact that both teams (not both sides) won two games. Overall it was pretty GDI sided like always. What I didn't like was the indecisiveness on Nod when we played it two times. Where GDi has a clear plan (meds) Nod doesn't rely on heavy force, but teamwork and stealth. On Goldrush we tried to stankrush multiple times but this was clusterfuck, but in the later part of the game it was total anarchy if you ask me.

The same happened on whiteout. First the orca rush was announced but people decide to kill the WF when the orcas moved. But we forgot one thing and this was to not only plan it, but actually do it. Than, when we had only the HON left, we did nothing for like 5 minutes. People mentioned a rocketrush, but with one building to defend this was likely going to fail. Than FINALLY we moved out with SBH's with the building got killed meanwhile. It was a good PUG but I had rather lost while fighting than while waiting :)

I was repping the HoN on Whiteout but I got kicked for idling, I wasn't AFK I just didn't move my mouse enough obviously!

The kick limit was set for Vertiso amounts of AFK, aka 7 minutes. How do you even last in regular servers when you tend to stand that motionless for 7 minutes.

I definitely wasn't AFK for 7 minutes. I was only in Hon for the final 5. Strange. :S

Oh well!

In my last 8 pug games, GDI has won every single game. The only strat GDI ever needs is meds+hotties (infiltrating and repairing)+orcas if the map is flying, and a couple snipers/Sydneys. Before it was countered by Arty techs, but after the constant nerfs to the arty (slower and slower projectile speed, weaker light armor) and the med tank range buff, Nod doesn't really have anything to fight a med spam anymore, and they always end up getting out-muscled every single game.

We should have won the last whiteout game as Nod, I suppose after we saw everybody on the other team leaving, we thought it was pretty much over and decided to screw around a bit with SBH and that ended up costing us the game. I told the SBH to abandon the WF plan and shoot the orcas, but they ignored that and ended up doing nothing in the end. Because if that orca rush failed, GDI would be completely broke, and we (probably) would have won the game by time or surrender.

Correct me if I am wrong, but light armor was never nerfed, and was semi-buffed at times against sniper fire and small arms fire.

And the shell, it has it's uses (goldrush arcing over the hills).

I honestly just think the Med Tank is way good in hands of organized rushes. The more of them massed, the harder it is to kill their combined health, before they quickly arrive deep inside a Nod base. Maybe needs a very mild speed nerf to meds at best?

That whiteout loss was a shame, it wasn't even a loss, just a lucky turn of the table. I still blame b0ng for magically turning the game around when he switched to gdi from nod...

However, artillery is very effectively a game-winner on whiteout and Complex when a team uses them right, especially if a team masses them and holds off an equal enemy force, and then proceeds to do what GDI med tanks do while planting beacons that can be defended with the arties.

Yeah I don't agree about artillery. We moved to the right flank early game to damage PP but didn't kill it. Than we targeted a building for a while till everybody came to repair to it and after it we killed the PP. Worked great with 4 arties...

• Totem Arts Staff

Yeah it's pretty apparent that when two teams are actually even player-wise, GDI is significantly better. Mass Meds+Hotties is basically game over for everything on Nod, especially when you add like 1 decent sniper in to counter Nod's repairs. GDI doesn't need much thought... though that's kind of supposed to be their thing.

Will probably be a bit of an overhaul involved with infantry, focusing more on letting Nod sort of be able to hold the field better with theirs, and maybe edit their tank game a little bit. It's just hard to balance this entire game around PUBs and PUGs, as they're like two totally separate games.

Are mutators able to tweak damage/armor/hp/bullet speed/etc?Perhaps you could make a mutator designated for pugs and make the future tweaks for the pub ( since that is the main playtime of Renegadex) and just add the mutator each time we pug with its own tweaks that are better for the pug.

If the mutator is impossible maybe just add more customization to the game - server side (that would do same thing that is mentioned on the mutator above)

Short of the idea: make the changes based on the pub games and just add a mutator /settings that has(have) its(their) own tweaks based on pug games.

My apologies if is a stupid idea xD

• Agent pinned, featured, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Agent locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic