• Totem Arts Staff

Renegade X - PUG - February 12th 2017

Round 1: Islands Flying

No footage, wasn't a real match for some reason

Round 2: Tunnels

Edited by TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Yeah I agree

But to be honest I like regular Islands more :)

Islands is not a real good map for flying units because it's a quite small map

Edited by TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Guess I'll do the review.

Thommy vs Yosh

Field:  Nod builds arties and techs and breaks the armor on all of GDI's buildings.  The veterancy advantage allowed NOD to obliterate the entire GDI base.  Nod victory.

Goldrush:  A long game with failed rushes and some success.  GDI fails an apc rush, Nod succeeds with a stank rush that destroys agt and ref.  GDI takes out the HoN at the same time.  Nod fails to have any successful rush against a wall of defenders causing GDI to build up their veterancy.  Nod PP goes down then ob then everything else.  GDI win.

Yosh wins 2-0.

• Like 1

Good games, sorry I had to leave directly afterwards.

The second person I introduced to Ren-x this week was quite bored cause his mines never went off :) but liked the rest of the game. He left to join the rest of the visitors after the first game, while Machette and I continued our duty!

Rushes on Goldrush, except the first stankrush, where spotted very early so we could easily counter them with our vehicles before they could do damage.

Quick recap.

Crash site:

Nod controls the field early on with arties, lights and variety vehicles. GDI pushes out ever so slightly, fails. Bar falls to continued shelling, Ref falls to infiltration. Weps gets bombarded, PP is shelled and infiltrated. 

Volcano:

While GDI managed to protect the base early on, Nod manages to kill two harvesters while receiving both intact. A follow up arty shelling almost kills the Bar, only to be retaliated by Gunners. GDI picks up some speed again, Nod PP falls to infiltration, Hon is turned to Swiss cheese, same goes for Ref and Strip.

Horologu (with extra cheese and salt):

After the shaders were generated and nearly all players connected, we got to play whiteout horologue. GDI rushes with infantry to the side path, gets intercepted. Both harvesters fall, GDI gets humwees and SPOODBEASTS WITH MACH 10 TO THE NOD BASE. Failed though (Although getting run over by Ruud with about 300 kmh is hilarious). Nod gets arties, shells GDI base into shambles.

Team me 3 - 0 Team TONY-STARK

BONUS Deck:

A nice 10 minute death match on Deck. Never not funny. :D Bibi won that one. Gliven best KDR. Madskill repairing the troops.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Norc said:

I am very grateful to everyone on my team for keeping the tank count up.
That's one of the reasons we didn't lose.

Hehe sometimes it took a few min to get new vehicles, but overall everybody donated (and anticipated) really quickly!

• Totem Arts Staff

I'm sorry to let my team down half of the game. I had to leave unexpectedly because of private life business.

I hope I'll be there tomorrow for a full PUG again.

I'm not planning on commanding upcoming games because it's really hard to do and I'm not rather good at it....

Edited by TK0104

1 hour ago, TK0104 said:

I'm sorry to let my team down half of the game. I had to leave unexpectedly because of private life business.

I hope I'll be there tomorrow for a full PUG again.

I'm not planning on commanding upcoming games because it's really hard to do and I'm not rather good at it....

All good, don't worry about it

Also you're doing a lot better at commanding, remember the mentality isn't commander vs commander, it's not in your power to see to it that your team is good enough to control the field. As long as you tell your team to buy tanks and repairs and call out for rushes you are doing your job perfectly

• Like 1

Mesa - Standard Nod arty party with flame tank cover, GDI fails to control short hill and loses

Tomb - Nod has the upper hand early game by dealing perma to 3 structures, but forgets to buy tanks after killing GT. Slowly gets rolled down by meds afterwards. 

Whiteout - Same thing as mesa but worse with snipers picking off repairs 

Under - Med spam with infiltration on both PP and strip leads to PP dying

Complex - Easily the best game, both teams having good tankers and repairs leads to armor breaks all around. Saw a bit of everything here, different tank rushes, infiltration, nukes/ions. GDI eventually loses bar to stanks, and the rest of the base soon afterwards. 

5-0

• Like 1

For my taste there is too much trash-talk going on again lately, so important information gets missing and it's likely more difficult to command.

It's also remarkable that there are often people, who for example shout out to get tanks, don't get tanks themselves and instead do something else like going solo-inf and therefore are of little help. How people are ignoring orders can also be seen in some of Thommy's latest ingame footages (Volcano).

Just my 2 cents regarding the latest PUGs.

Edited by Denuvian
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Denuvian said:

For my taste there is too much trash-talk going on again lately, so important information gets missing and it's likely more difficult to command.

It's also remarkable that there are often people, who for example shout out to get tanks, don't get tanks themselves and instead do something else like going solo-inf and therefore are of little help. How people are ignoring orders can also be seen in some of Thommy's latest ingame footages (Volcano).

I was both those things, but to be fair, as opportunistic infantry I was right-place-right-time several occasions, to pick off a weak tank, to hose down some MCT twice where the building died, to keep general pressure up so the enemy uses 6 less people for field in order to camp base. I actually almost infilration-killed Ref as tech, walked right in. Ask for the trash talk, it was end of Complex, and I was needing to leave so wanted GDI to send 1 to Nod, making it 14/14 BEFORE I left, I knew they wouldn't do it after I left. I was literally going to be late to work, and they send nobody. Offered individuals too. After 6 more minutes, stuff died, and I simply remarked that SOMEBODY could have been on the winning time had they switched.

8 hours ago, Denuvian said:

I will start issuing priority speaker to commanders by default unless requested to alleviate off-topic chatter

~

Officially starting now, the commander with the first pick must always allow the following commander to pick two straight players as well as the first map choice. Whoever gets the first player pick is up to them to decide. 

10 hours ago, YagiHige said:

I was both those things, but to be fair, as opportunistic infantry I was right-place-right-time several occasions, to pick off a weak tank, to hose down some MCT twice where the building died, to keep general pressure up so the enemy uses 6 less people for field in order to camp base. I actually almost infilration-killed Ref as tech, walked right in.

Yeah, you have to be lucky then, because overall I would assume, especially if there are more people like that on a low player count, that there are more matches lost due to this behaviour than won.

7 hours ago, CampinJeff said:

I will start issuing priority speaker to commanders by default unless requested to alleviate off-topic chatter

That priority speaker was at least at the start of yesterday's PUG kind of inconvenient. We could barely hear each other sometimes. I don't know, how Thommy handled that later on, maybe he got the hang of it or he just talked less. But it also doesn't really eliminate that information from other people gets missing, while there is a lot chit-chat, unless the commander tells people to shut up. :P

7 hours ago, CampinJeff said:

Officially starting now, the commander with the first pick must always allow the following commander to pick two straight players as well as the first map choice. Whoever gets the first player pick is up to them to decide. 

I would like to suggest that when your are commanding, the other commander should usually get the first two picks to counterbalance you, regarding that you are already more skilled than most other players functioning as commander.

Edited by Denuvian

1 hour ago, Denuvian said:

Yeah, you have to be lucky then, because overall I would assume, especially if there are more people like that on a low player count, that there are more matches lost due to this behaviour than won.

In "real" games I play (I jest, but there ARE more games out there than RenX), there are "break-the-mould" classes and utilities, such as ones that break "territory" enforcement and can do damage from within. It's much weaker in RenX unless lucky, HOWEVER it is good when possible, to have an SBH to pick off a weak tank or keep base-pressure. 1 SBH is capable of doing perma-damage against just 1 defender, 2 more easily so, so that means they have to use less players in the field against a greater opposition. Also, if you happen to be there, you can take the opportunity to draw repairs away from a building about to be hit, or hit a building while repairs are tied up elsewhere.

No, the entire team cannot be SBH, the team and the individual players have to be aware, just because a squad is doing it, doesn't mean the rest of the team shouldn't be 100% committed to field.

8 hours ago, CampinJeff said:

So, schoolyard-picking-pro? Suggested this a while ago. Thank fuck we're finally doing it.

Arctic Stronghold - GDI med spam with good repairs holds field for majority of the game. Tank rush destroys OB while infiltrator kills GDI ref. Infiltration kills Nod PP afterwards, and Nod fails to recover.

Complex - Arty party chips down WF to ~30 HP, but loses field to mass meds. Tank rush kills Nod ref and strip, while stank rush/infiltration kills WF. GDI uses remaining tanks and advanced inf to ion Hon

Walls - Infiltrators destroy GDI PP, destroy both AAtowers, and chip down refinery to 30 HP. Apache rush with stanks finish off ref while infiltrator kills strip. Stalemate occurs and GDI surrenders

2-1

• Like 1

I have some exciting news (for me). I always liked the Sunday more than the Saturday tbh, but was not able to do Sundays for a while due to work schedule. However, next week I have an off day, so I can actually attend. Can still attend the usual Saturday one too, until 3:30 when I need to head to work.

• Agent pinned, featured, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Agent locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic