Pick Up Games (PUGs)

yosh56

I think light tanks can be useful in some scenarios. Obviously 8 meds will destroy 8 lights, but if you mix lights with other Nod vehicles, they can work.

I wouldn't use them in choke-point maps like Under or Islands, but on Tunnels or Field where there's a lot of room to maneuver, a smart light tank can be a real pain to deal with.

A small buff to make them more useful (especially in the late game) could be welcome though. I don't feel like they gain much with veterancy.

Edited by Quincy

1 hour ago, Quincy said:

I wouldn't use them in choke-point maps like Under or Islands, but on Tunnels or Field where there's a lot of room to maneuver, a smart light tank can be a real pain to deal with.

Use a arty. Very little reason to get out of cover when your range is pretty much the entire field. Grab a stank if you're not confident with handling GDI's burst damage.

9 hours ago, CampinJeff said:

Forgot to mention, Tunnels Airstrip needs to be turned around 180 degrees so it won't be as easy to farm vehicles as they drop off @Henk

This means it'll be longer before the Harvester arrives at the tib field. Might be able to balance it out by tweaking some numbers, but maybe it's better to add more cover to the strip.

Edit: Also, you'll then be able to farm them as they drop off when you're shooting from the tunnel side. And it'll still be possible from the field side, it'll just be further away.

• Totem Arts Staff

Round 3: Glasses

Round 4: Tunnels will not be uploaded on my channel because it was a long and boring game in my opinion

Edited by TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, TK0104 said:

Round 4: Tunnels will not be uploaded on my channel because it was a long and boring game in my opinion

Then you definitely weren't on my team. Most interesting banter of the night. 

8 hours ago, TK0104 said:

That was the best game of the PUG. Despite all odds (you guys killed the PP, we detected it early, but couldn't save it) we slowly won. Even @TONY-STARK did a solo nuke, uh rushed with a med to help the team. He was actually one of the people making the difference and that's what got us the 'kill' the PowerPlant. To bad we couldn't get more veterancy!

Edited by Ryz

I've seen it, but i would've liked to see another perspective, preferably of what the field looked like. Gliven stays in base most of the game (nothing wrong with that as he was dedicated defender).  But it's ok if ou don't want to upload it.

Saturday PUG's small recap:

Field

Nod lost the first harvester battle and got locked in base by meds & mrls shooting from long range. Nod PP went down first.

Lakeside flying

Early apache rush destroyed WF and Nod went camp mode. GDI first tried orca rushing with the orcas that they had left and then sydney rushing hon...both were close but HoN survived. In the meantime Nod finished the job with apaches/stanks/nukes.

Islands

Nod once again not finding the answer to med spam.

GoldRush

3 humvees rush in to the obelisk while a Sydney gotten from crate sneaks into the HoN. HoN went down. Nod still tried to go for tank mass, but without tech repair they couldn't hold their ground. Med rush destroyed Ob, then stank rush destroyed AGT. Still, Nod had no techs left and ref & strip died to infiltrating sydneys & hotwires, GDI won.

Complex

Med spam killed HoN and ref around the 10th minute. Nod answered with a tech solo destroying ref. But it was too little too late.

4-1, ~14v14.

Was fun for me even though teams weren't balanced and I played on the losing side. I had some luck and overall it was one of my best performances in a PUG (except for on Lakeside maybe, there I played bad).

Sunday PUG didn't happen because of not enough people showing up.

Edited by Quincy
  • Like 1

Complex - Med spam overwhelms Nod and they kill airstrip with an ion at the tower. Meanwhile a stank rush nearly destroys barracks, but GDI simply rolls over Nod's base with their tanks. 

Under - Nod permanently locks GDI in their base with Flames+Arts. PP distraction by a tech allows Nod to rush AGT and destroys it, while a hotwire kills airstrip a little later. Snipers and Ravs roam the field while Nod's existing tanks manage very well with proper repairs, and end up getting a heroic flame tank to seal the deal.

LakesideNF - Med spam controls field, and slowly rolls over Nod's base with mass tanks. 

Canyon - Nod wins the harvester and deletes GDI with flame tanks and artys. Officer rush almost kills HON, but wouldn't have mattered anyways. 

4-0

Under was a very well executed multi-prong attack. It wasn't a bunch of small uncoordinated attacks easily fended off with half the investment of the defender. It was 2 people dealing enough threat to distract 6 repairs so the vehicle front could sledgehammer onto the soft spot.

20 hours ago, YagiHige said:

Really wish I had Sundays off or went into work an hour later. Btw, today was Easter Sunday, consider making this decision next week, when there's no good reason for anyone to be absent?

A Previous time being Mother's day or another before when people knew Jeff/Ukill weren't there to run the SunPUG.

Let's see how this upcoming Sunday goes.

• Agent pinned, featured, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Agent locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic