Pick Up Games (PUGs)

yosh56

43 minutes ago, poi ❄ said:

They never really lost hill control they had still many pics on there, And they had many orcas coming again kryp said the whole game get "apaches" in the meantime you were trying to make a rush with 5 people when we had 2/3 veh's that whole time.. the few people that joined you could be sitting in a apache and help the team taking back control, But nope.. all you wanna do is attack that 1 building that had perm damage instead of working your way towards actually being able to do something in the field without getting shrekt by orca's such as your tranny rush or something, I am not trying to be mean or anything i am just saying you need to think about your base situation more and what your team is actually doing. and what your team does not have.. try to think less about rushing and you will be way less cranky all the time about your "team" not "listening" when they "can't".. ^_^

Ok get this, feedback is by the way never a problem and I do not see it as mean, so keep it coming!

You forgot that I was one of the people in those Apaches for quite a while or LCG or whatever was requested, while a lot of people didn't talk or join the rushes at all. The reason why people always point me that  'I am complaining' is because:

a) I actually complain :D
b) I actually join (most, like 90 percent) of the things the teamcommander(s) say and get tired of the fact that we do not archieve anything cause we lack support from a (large) majority of the team...

I just and only changed plan after getting shot down like times 10 times with not much response and also no money for replacement units. And I only changed the plan after discussing it and getting an agreement from the 'leaders.'

Only thing I can think of doing different is:
1) bring my critism more optimistic
2) Join the people going solo, do my own stuff, don't talk but don't follow teamchat. Sometimes it looks like that's the way to go. If you are quite and ignore the team you are fine. but if you are loud and point out things going wrong, but follow the team you are considered a bitch. It should be the opposite way... 

Edited by Ryz

• Totem Arts Staff

Renegade X - PUG Game - January 8th 2017

It was a quite crappy PUG because patch 5.281 was released a few hours before PUG so not everybody had the latest version and they have bad internet. Server wasn't properly too but we made the best of we could do :)

Round 1: Complex

N/A: My recorder didn't work so I had to fix that

Round 2: Crash Site

Edited by TK0104
  • Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

I'll be there too :)

This night is I'm going to a loooooong recording session. First I'm recording some No One Lives Forever Episodes and then I'll be recording PUG.

#MakePUGGreatAgain (<------ Dunno why, but hey why not :P)

5 minutes ago, TK0104 said:

#MakePUGGreatAgain (<------ Dunno why, but hey why not :P)

the last few PUGs have been great, even though the results were one-sided the teams were pretty balanced (apart from internal communication problems :D)

EDIT: guess I can't make it in time... maybe I can join later (if someone needs a dedicated healer bitchy Sn4ke :P)

Edited by DarkSn4ke

Sat Jan 14 pug recap:

LakesideNF

Quick infantry rush by Nod takes out Bar. After some vehicle warfare, Nod keeps control of Comms and hill and pounds the GDI base. Stank rush moves in and gets WF, and GDI, with only Ref, surrenders afterwards.

Tomb

The usual. Nod first rushes fail, GDI takes field control, masses meds and pushes out with a two-pronged attack; Ref, Air and Hon are downed by the meds. Nod tried an arty rush to GDI ref, but it was denied by the defenders. With only PP standing, Nod promptly surrendered.

Fort

A long and boring match, most of the players agree. GDI tanks destroy Nod Ref, and an infiltrator brings down WF. After than, nothing happens in particular; tank warfare, failed rushes, denied infiltrators, etc... finally, near the 50 min mark, an Ion brings down Air, especially when Nod players were elsewhere, and an APC + ion rush follows up, demolishing Hon and ending the boring match.

3 matches, Team Jeff vs Team Thommy, 2 - 1, about 12~14 players on each team per match.

Edited by Jarzey
  • Like 2

Okay guys, we have to deal with a very serious violation of the Geneva Convention!

I accuse both commanders of players trafficking :o

They really traded funny Tony for dreary Sn4ke. They traded drugs for dedicated healing :/

And I especially accuse @poi ❄ of raping me while I was a clearly visible medic, trying to help my wounded brothers in arms.

:(

About the PUG: wow, good athmosphere on team 2. interesting Fort match

• Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff

That Solo Ion from me :o

I thought it wouldn't work but luckly I defended it for a few secs but I was killed. So a few seconds later my C4 probably killed 2 disarmers and then I knew a magic moment happened :o

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jarzey said:

Fort

A long and boring match, most of the players agree. GDI tanks destroy Nod Ref, and an infiltrator brings down WF. After than, nothing happens in particular; tank warfare, failed rushes, denied infiltrators, etc... finally, near the 50 min mark, an Ion brings down Air, especially when Nod players were elsewhere, and an APC + ion rush follows up, demolishing Hon and ending the boring match.

How did that WF infiltration work by the way? It was fully mined, when I defused my mines later at the backdoor. Was someone inside, while it was remined or was it outside C4?

Also I played matches, which took 2-3 hours on marathon server, compared to that Fort was a piece of cake. ;)

Edited by Denuvian

17 hours ago, Denuvian said:

How did that WF infiltration work by the way? It was fully mined, when I defused my mines later at the backdoor. Was someone inside, while it was remined or was it outside C4?

Also I played matches, which took 2-3 hours on marathon server, compared to that Fort was a piece of cake. ;)

Also, it just feels like a bad map. I'd be happier if the refs were both swapped positions with the infantry buildings, and the tib fields were slightly further away. It'd make for far more interesting matches.

Gameplay-wise Fort is like Under without the agt/obi and some gimmicks added (tech buildings). I like it though.

Well, this comes down to only one vehicle entrance to each base, being a bottleneck, which can be camped/defended easily. The same goes for old Field, Canyon, Islands, etc. With more vehicle entrances it would be more like Tomb or Complex.

42 minutes ago, Hohndo said:

Also, it just feels like a bad map. I'd be happier if the refs were both swapped positions with the infantry buildings, and the tib fields were slightly further away. It'd make for far more interesting matches.

Oh, I wouldn't swap these buildings, the matches will probably be over very quickly then. Bar and Hon are too crucial and if destroyed, it's practically game over, especially when they are that exposed like the ref on Fort and the buildings are that far apart from each other.

Edited by Denuvian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

Can someone make a Tony-Remix? :D

He should be added to the Infantry sounds xD

I've asked for this many times, I want a tony sound board

Quincy 3 - 1 jeff

Field / Whiteout / Goldrush - Tomb

We won the first 2 maps (Field & Whiteout) due to our better tankers (and a SBH SPY....), lost Tomb due to... bad coordination? Not sure, but our mood was like "oh noes its Tomb :( " *lol* We didn't manage to save our initial harvester and lost really fast.

GoldRush... 3 Flametroopers got barracks... then we got Ref / AGT while GDI tried to get our Obelisk.

EDIT: oh yeah... I've been successfully luring the first poor souls into the wicked Mesa pit :D

Edited by DarkSn4ke
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

lost Tomb due to... bad coordination? Not sure, but our mood was like "oh noes its Tomb :( " *lol* We didn't manage to save our initial harvester and lost really fast.

Losing first harv + not enough mines + smart buggy rush

But yeah, ggs.

On 14-1-2017 at 10:34 PM, DarkSn4ke said:

And I especially accuse @poi ❄ of raping me while I was a clearly visible medic, trying to help my wounded brothers in arms.

:(

Sorry buddy! :P I got paid for it! gg's though, be my repbitch next time plez 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, poi ❄ said:

Pro tip:

For the people that like to leave their veh's in pugs..

1. Remote your vehicle before leaving base

2. When sbh gets in blow it up.

EZ

The only thing.. dont be to near of it  (your veh) ,SBH could crush you before you try to detonate :P ..so not a good idea to stand directly in front or on the back of the vehc

Edited by Xtractor
  • Like 1

pug recap Jan 21, 2017:

Field

Vehicle warfare and infantry clashes in tunnels. Both tunnel rocks got demolished, yet no one managed to sneak in anywhere. In the end GDI kept control of the tech buildings and field. Nod tried a stank rush at the last minute, doing perma but not destroying any building. GDI retaliates by rushing all their vehs head on, flattening the entire Nod base except Airstrip. With no chances of recovering, Nod surrenders.

Walls

Vehicles and infantry fight for the control of the plateau for most of the time. GDI leads a tranny rush, but it gets intercepted and taken care of. Nod replies with a stank  rush which takes down GDI ref. Still, GDI manages to keep their cool, especially with a steady income coming from MRLS pointwhoring the Hon. After a long time, GDI players reached Elite rank and rocket rushed the Nod PP and Ref afterwards, destroying them both. With no income and gradually losing field control, Nod decides to surrender.

2 matches, Team Freak vs Team Jeff, 1 - 1, about 15 players per team.

Edited by Jarzey
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, CampinJeff said:

Both teams won when they had more players. Field 15v17, Walls 17v16

Don't think that player balance made the difference.

We lost Field cuz' some players wouldnt listen. Nod had the better start imo, but then we fucked up as we didnt manage to get enough tanks, tanks, tanks.

It's funny how that's the exact reason why we lost walls IMHO.

On field we had both tanks literally cranked up to 11 and also had lot of field repairs.

On walls, not so much.
I wanted to be repairbitch for Apaches on top, but there were no apaches to heal, so I went to do other stuff I considered useful.

18 hours ago, KrypTheBear said:

Good PUG. Noone got really salty. GDI op

I got salty AF when we didn't get tanks on Walls.
I got so salty you could get a lifetime supply of salt from me.

Edited by Norc

First match was good. Second one seemed ok too - had to leave in middle of it due to a slight emergency (apologies for that). Pug was balanced and there weren't many complains (atleast on our side). People actually worked together. ( +1 to Kryp's custom made "armor" at the start of the Field round ).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norc said:

On walls, not so much.
I wanted to be repairbitch for Apaches on top, but there were no apaches to heal, so I went to do other stuff I considered useful.

Well the apaches didn't really do stuff.  Apaches wanted to group up at plateau and waited there without doing something. I Q spotted the MRLS the whole time but none of them reacted. Then another MRLS joined with a med hitting hon but they still didn't do a thing. Then on the other side there was a med, apc and a MRLS.  In the end the apaches got wrecked by a bunch of sydneys. gg

• Like 1

Islands - Back and forth tank battle for an hour straight until a sneak kill destroys Nod ref. Nod slowly crumbles afterwards

Field - Multiple infiltrators plus tanks hitting Nod PP eventually results in airstrip dying, and the crumble once again

WallsNF - APC rush kills GDI PP, GDI surrenders

Very boring when games are decided by infiltrators. 

• Like 2

Oh well, on WallsNF we probably saw one of the biggest fails of a PUG so far. Worth a laugh. xD

GDI-side: Somebody bought an early APC, it got filled up, but Quincy wanted to drive it, so players began changing seats. Around that time a NOD APC was already on the way and Quincy wanted our APC to block it at the base entrance. But apparently nobody really knew at that moment, who was in the driving seat. :rolleyes:

So the NOD APC was able to enter the base smoothly, which then led to the destruction of our PP.

ACePtov.jpg

Edited by Denuvian

Apperantly I was in the driving seat.
However, my brain was not in the most functional state at the moment.

Allow me to explain my thought process:

tl;dr I had no idea that I am driving APC

I am engineer at wall entrance, running out of our base. Quinc3y says we should do early Humvee rush. I'm at 250 credits, so I can't buy humvee yet, I can be more useful if I go harass Nod. Suddenly Quinc3y scratches that plan as we have early APC. OK, fill up APC with engies, right? I look back, APC is not full yet, therefore I should get in to increase our chances of success. I am still at wall entrance when Quinc3y says he wants to drive. I don't really care who drives, I just continue running towards APC. I am still about 3-4 seconds away from APC. I presumed that this is enough time for people in APC to get to their desired positions, so I just jump in and we go. I manage to get in there and after that I consider myself a passenger until we arrive to Nod base or until APC gets blown up.
Here is how my brain saw the screen:
yA100gy.png

Then Nod APC came, and as our APC did not go block it, I got out and ran towards Refinery, as I presumed it was the real target, going around PP just for bait.

And that is the story how I made my team lose the match that could otherwise be very fun.

I hope that in time you guys can forgive me for this war crime that I committed.

• Like 1

It actually almost didn't work because we had a shotgunner inside our APC. I had to leave the driver seat to finish it off and luckily didn't get crushed on the way out.

Had 4 breaks, one was that Tony spotted us early as we left our base, so I got ready for a line of remote C4s. Didn't see any suicides and ended up seeing a bunch of soldiers running around in front of GDI's base panicking, so probably he was late on that callout. Two and Three was on the APC. It didn't block us at the entrance, and it didn't block us behind the bar on the way to PP. Could definitely see the confusion when I saw the GDI APC minigun staring at us but not moving or shooting as we entered. Four was me being very lucky to plant 2 remotes on time and barely surviving at the last second. 

• Like 1

Yes, communication problems and no luck. Maybe if I just let Trouper drive when he bought the APC. Or if Norc didn't enter APC at the exact time when Trouper left driver seat and before I pressed 1 (must have been half a second? I don't blame anyone here). Or maybe if Trouper informed us that he is buying an APC (or did someone see him write this in chat? I didn't), we would be prepared sooner. That, plus what Jeff wrote above. It's often such details that decide the outcome (same with sneaking in the previous games... there's so much luck involved in that as well)

• Like 1

• Agent pinned, featured, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Agent locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic