CnC-Eyes [Feedback and Bug-Report]

DaKuja

• Totem Arts Staff

'sup Folks!

Since the first Beta Version Players found a bunch of Glitches and Bugs on CnC-Eyes, now it's on the Players again to find some of these Bugs also Gameplay/Balance Issues. Screenshots from Bugs would help me a lot to find them easy!

I'm currently working on the next CnC-Eyes Patch, so this will be the right time to let me know what i should change or fix before the next Release.

I hope for any kind of Feedback!

Greez. DaKuja

I think it's well known by now that there's something in this map that causes servers to crash. I'm not sure exactly what it is though, usually occurs late in a game when buildings are gone.

Also, there's a B2B spot on the GDI wall where gunners can shoot at the Hand and PP.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 519D2B972/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... BDAE88558/

Also, just my opinion: I really, really don't like this spot:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 48D977513/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 9338D69B1/ (furthest I can go before OB starts firing)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... B08924CB8/

It favors Nod because the AGT won't shoot at you, but still it's very frustrating to deal with.

• Totem Arts Staff

1 and 2 shows one of the worst problem DaKuja faced even before the map went public. AGT just can't shoot farther than Obelisk does.

3 is..... glitchy no? I don't think you're supposed to go up the rocks with aircraft only. Those formations are for airs to hug walls to cover from Obis and AGTs

• Totem Arts Staff

I'm pretty sure you ain't the only one. We hardly have more than 8 people the first time this map got out (in Beta 4-5.002 mind you). So we never managed to discover a handful of problems. Di biggest one is that Obelisk managing to shoot halfway to the field before the base is walled off. The second is the faulty tiberium textures. The rest just escaped us.

I'm pretty sure DaKuja is going to work on the 1.5 version later

Didn't understand the point of the vehicle blockers. Flying units can still fly over it as you can see in the screenshot. I have my Orca half way inside the tunnel.

Also, same thing behind the base, like the GDI side for example. It's meant to be an infantry path but I can still fly my Orca into it.

2015-09-03_00002.jpg.2faccc332f4a5407ece4170d32d0e9c8.jpg

I also found this weird. I don't know if that's just the way the game is but the shadow on the rock appears and disappears. (Behind the GDI Power Plant)

Mind you, this is my first time on Ren-X since Beta 4 so I may have missed a lot. I've only been coding and working on my bot from IRC.

2015-09-03_00003.jpg.d8c3cfcf8e0b91043cef82c02c14e5d7.jpg

2015-09-03_00004.jpg.8552cc1410985c2ff977f277279bc7e8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Thanks for the Reports Folks, most of the Bugs annoying Stuff are fixed around the Silo. But totally forget the Stuff with the BlockingVolume near the Tunnels, the Blocking Volumes prevent Players to get Stucked there with Tanks, there is no usefull Point to fly behind them and stay there. About the Inf Path in the GDI Base i delete the Blocking Stuff there for Fly Units, because Nod got the same Space to fly into there Path to crush enemys with there Apaches!

With the Place above the Silo, that should be some Sniper Place with Bunkers or Stuff, but i discarded that and forget to make the Place unreachable. Poorly with 1.5 it will still able to get on that Spot. I'm really sorry about that.

About the Last Pic with the wierd LOD - kenz3001:

i think the lod problems is down to having too may meshes in the map or maybe just having the less the 50 /60 % of the mesh exposed

Indeed, i checked probably every Rock in the Bases and hopefully fixed that Problem, otherwise we have to deal with it until 1.6

The Focus on 1.5 stands on the Size of the Map, i changed some things to handle the Size and to balance the Gameplay more for GDI because Nod goes totally advantage with there Stealth Units because there have highly Number of Pathes to dodge GDI Units.

I see there will be more Work to do, but hold out i'll do my best! it takes only some Time to do it.

Here the Changes:

- Changed the Sunlight bit darker also the shadows, so the Lights/Visual Effecs on the Map looking way better

- Added a bunch of new Lights and Visual Effects to get the Map more filled and not so big and empty.

Deleted bunch of Rocks and unimportant Stuff (also Fires in the Background) which get lost by some Changes to save some GPU/CPU Power.

- Build new Rocks/Walls/Fances who shows better the Playable Area for flying Units - (less Invisible Walls who can rammed!)

- The most importen Change to the next Version will be the edit Size, i choose the Plan to "delete" the Lower Pathes from each Side, put some gaint Rocks there and rebuild the Upper Path to One big Path to reach both Bases.

There still enough Space for many Tanks and flying Units.

Fixed Bugs:

- Silo Stairs on the MCT Side reach now the Ground

- Both Bunker at the Bridge hanging not more over the Cliffs

- Fixed Blocking Volumes where Players are able to fly out of- and under the Map.

- Fixed some flying Gras,Bushes and Rocks

- Fixed Collision Bug on the Nod Stairs near Ref.

An a bunch of visual Stuff.

Greez. DaKuja

So I'm hoping that this is fixed by now in the latest eyes, but today everyone on the server crashed from the game all at once. I haven't heard about this in eyes, but just worried that someone found a crash exploit more than anything else. Great map tho, I like the way the new changes are going. I'm looking forward to the next update iteration so that we can play the new changes in a proper 20v20 match ^.^

About the Last Pic with the wierd LOD - kenz3001:

i think the lod problems is down to having too may meshes in the map or maybe just having the less the 50 /60 % of the mesh exposed

Indeed, i checked probably every Rock in the Bases and hopefully fixed that Problem, otherwise we have to deal with it until 1.6

Greez. DaKuja

Fixable by culling some more! You really need to start culling more rocks if they're not visible. they're about 3000 poly;s / piece

I was trying to see if those 3 maps have the same settings for their skyboxes, and maybe that would cause it, but Eyes is different from Goldrush and mesa.

Dakuja, for the skybox mesh you should turn off:

Cast Shadow

Cast Dynamic Shadow

Accepts Dynamic Dominant Light Shadows

Accepts Lights

Accepts Dynamic Lights

This won't fix the crashing (because all maps have these boxes ticked off) but it will probably increase performance.

One reason for the crashing could also be custom sounds in the map. Thats a guess but i say that because i know that the ammount of, prettty much uncompressed, soundfiles loaded is an issue in RenX. I cant remember exactly but ive measured memory consumption etc before and found that especially the big ammount of radio chit chat that you here inside buildings eats a lot of client memory. Part of the problem is that these files are in wav format i believe. And cant just easily be converted according to Havoc89 without keeping the game from beeing able to read them. Its a while since ive digged into this so cant remember too much details other then that the ammount of audio files loaded in a game of renx is on the edge. If a mapper now adds custom sounds himself this could result in memory overflows and thus client crashes. IMHO the ammount of radio files in the game is unoptimised hell and a ticking time bomb. But i would have to redo that analysis some time i guess to prove that point. Cause i lost that data and dont expect anyone to believe me that the ammount of radio chat inside buildings is problematic without proving it. (Basically there is a console command i believe to ouput a detailed memory usage report but i cant remember its name atm.)

• Totem Arts Staff

Importing as an existing file name seem to be able to overwrite the asset

Perhaps you should get Audacity and convert them to .ogg?

Speaking of performance, my performance drop only when I enter the game as a player (not as spectator pre-game, which is relatively smooth). So you can start looking on that as well. We probably need to have an 'Optimization analysis thread' just to point out where and which part does player start lagging. Player with low spec like me can detect quite easily

• 3 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

So ye, I worked the Last and Next Days on CnC-Eyes again and fixed most of the Bugs and Gameplay Issues.

- The "Sniper Heaven" don't exist anymore!

- B2B from the GDI Wall is no longer possible

- Added some Visual Stuffs - Details on the Environment

- adjust on many Stuffs to hopefully increasing the Performance.

- Delete the small Inf Pathes near both Base Walls to get an easier overview of the Battlefield.

- Deleted most of the Sounds to hopefully prevent these Random Crashes

Suggestions and Bug-Reports still welcome!

Greez. DaKuja

So ye, I worked the Last and Next Days on CnC-Eyes again and fixed most of the Bugs and Gameplay Issues.

- The "Sniper Heaven" don't exist anymore!

- B2B from the GDI Wall is no longer possible

- Added some Visual Stuffs - Details on the Environment

- adjust on many Stuffs to hopefully increasing the Performance.

- Delete the small Inf Pathes near both Base Walls to get an easier overview of the Battlefield.

- Deleted most of the Sounds to hopefully prevent these Random Crashes

Suggestions and Bug-Reports still welcome!

Greez. DaKuja

As long as you don't overlap the sounds you should be better off I think.. And also, if you use kismet to play the sounds, be sure to first stop 1 sound and then play the other.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Alright, i'll check this out and will fix this hopefully

and

We had an apache fly into the gdi base (pp was down) and place a beacon on the meshed platform atop the agt. Nobody could defuse it because we couldn't reach. Would be nice if they couldn't land on the agt.

these AGT Catwalks are already deleted in the next Version, so there will be no probs anymore like this.

• 1 month later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

So ye, i took a big Break from Renegade X and Mapping and everything but with my new won "freetime" i'll spend more Hours into the Map and already changed/fixed many and big Stuff on the Map.

So the new Version of the Map(with a bit of luck) should be available in the next Patch!

Added more Visual Stuff

Added new Pathes and reworked the old Ones on the Map

Added more Rocks/Covers on the Map against the Sniper Rage and Air Units

Fixed bunch of Collision Bugs (like the Bridge One)

Fixed the Material Bug with the Tiberium Crystals in the Cave

Hopefully fixed the Performance Issue on the Map by deleting many unimportant Rocks, Lights and Particle Effects.

Greez. DaKuja

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is the infantry ramp on the GDI side of the tiberium field supposed to be not climbable? The ramp on the left of the tiberium field (opposite the bunker ramp) which is made of a rock. I couldn't jump up on it even though it is at an incline and looks like a ramp.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

On the GDI bridge, there are these little areas where the sand meets the road that you get stuck on when walking/running. You have to jump to get over them. They're not entirely obvious and frustrating when engaged in a firefight. Overall I really like this version of Eyes though.

g8kceNL.jpg

Some feedback from me:

This map actually confuses me. In theory, it should be a really good map. There are 2 vehicle entrances to each of the bases. The bases are big, open and interesting - a lot of ways to sneak in, to hide at and spies are very useful. The vehicle area is also big and interesting, many kinds of vehicles can be used in different ways. In my opinion the map is also balanced now.

But in practice somehow it doesn't seem so good. The games are usually long or very long and they are usually decided by a solo action (hotty/tech sneak, spy ion) rather than by a coordinated effort. It's hard to make any progress (especially if the enemy team is organized), even though the map theoretically shouldn't be campy.

Perhaps I didn't play enough and was just unlucky with the long games?

What I would change to make it better:

1. The most important thing in my opinion should be to put the vehicle limit up to at least 14 (it's probably up to the server tho?). I think the biggest problem with the current low veh limit on CT servers is that the teams can't rush with vehicles or that those rushes are ineffective. With the limit being 10, usually half of it is being used by guys who don't teamplay and that only leaves 5-6 vehicles to rush with. Not to mention organizing a rush in this situation means completely giving up the field control. A high vehicle limit would give many more opportunities for teamwork and would make the gameplay more dynamic. I remember the vehicle limit being 14 on the first version of the map and it worked great.

2. Gunners. I remember gunner rushes being very effective on the first version of the map - they were able to shoot different Nod buildings from a lot of points at the map. The 2nd version of the map nerfed them, but there was still one spot at the tibierium chamber where you could gunner rush from. Now that spot was removed and gunners seem to be completely useless. I don't know why? In the point above I showed how it's hard/impossible to do a med/orca rush atm. Removing gunner rushes eliminates teamplay almost completely... (maybe chinook rush is left)

3. Another change that I don't like in the newest version of Eyes is putting the invisible wall for flying units in between silo and the tiberium chamber. Not sure why? It's limiting and annoying. If you want to make the tiberium chamber for ground vehicles only, then put walls everywhere and not like this please.

4. Graphics. The map isn't very ugly, but it's far from beautiful. Some shoddy textures, small glitches here and there... and the tree in the GDI PP. I think people mentioned some of them in this thread.

But yeah, in general I am positive about Eyes. The map is above average for me, that's for sure.

• Totem Arts Staff

Ye the last Times while playing Eyes i saw few Bugs on it and i will fix them.

Also i take a look for changing the Bases a bit to give Rushes more Chances to land some Hits or Building Kills

because this Map can be so damn campy if one of the Team lost there Bar/HoN or Wf/Airstrip.

Thanks for your Feedback Guys!

Greez. DaKuja

• Totem Arts Staff

So ye, i fixed (hopefully) all known Bugs and didn't some new Ones...

Well i also made some small Changes:

I 'closed' the Silo Area and the Way from the Silo Area to the Tiberium Chamber for Air Units

On this Map Ground Units get really small Chances to survive enemy Air Units because of the missing Cover or Areas where they can probably survive. And the Silo and the Tiberium Chamber Inf. Path are the only Places in the Middle of the Map there Infantrys can't get killed fast and easy by Flying Units. Just a better chance of survival.

- Moved down the Rocks near both Ref's to keep Rocket Soldiers or Gunners again the Chances to rush some of the Enemy Buildings.

- Added a new Crate in the Main Field near of the Silo - so there is no more just 1 Crate who get whored by Stealth Units or what ever want to camp there.

- Added more Cover on the Fields and Bridges for Infantry and small Tanks to dont get so easy killed by Long Range Units

- Fixed the missing BlockingVolume at the Bunkers at the Bridges where u can drive into them with an Buggy/Humvee or APC.

- Fixed also the Inf Path at the Nod Ref. GDI Tanks can no longer hit the Ref. from the Bridge

- Fixed GDI PowerPlant

I hope you will enjoy it!

Greez. DaKuja