Beta 3! Come and get it!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Renegade X: Beta 3 has been released!

Renegade X is a First/Third Person Shooter with RTS elements. Players will be able to fight for two unique teams, manage their own economies, choose from over 30 weapons, 15 vehicles, and call in nuclear strikes, Ion Cannons, and airstrikes, and much more. Renegade X is for all players - lone wolves, team-based gamers, tankers, snipers, rushers, turtlers, and all others!

Renegade X is FREE! It is a non-monetized game - Renegade X is straight-up free.

Please uninstall and remove all previous versions of Renegade X before installing Beta 3 and manually remove what the Beta2 uninstaller left in the Beta 2 folder if you want to install Beta 3 in the same folder

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://renegade-x.com/download

Volcano map preview:

Special thanks to Westwood Studios, Electronic Arts, Epic Games, the UDK Community, the C&C Community, my wonderful and inspirational colleagues at Totem Arts, and our loyal fans for their continued support!

System Requirements

Minimum:

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista

2.0+ GHz processor

2 GB system RAM

SM3-compatible video card

4 GB free hard drive space

Recommended :

Windows Vista 64 SP2

2.0+ GHz multi-core processor

4 GB system RAM

NVIDIA 200 series or higher graphics card

Plenty of HDD space

Changelist

You can check out the full Renegade X change list here: http://renegade-x.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 48#p141148

Otherwise, here is a short summary of what we have added and changed in this beta:

• Brand new Renegade X launcher!

• New map: C&C Volcano

• Another new map! X-Mountain

• New items: AT mines and EMP grenades

• New Black Hand character model

• More robust stealth code (stealth tanks and SBHs now flicker properly)

• Crash fixes

• New UI features (interactive pause-menu and scoreboard)

• End-game sequences

• Oodles of balance changes and fixes for weapons and vehicles

• New first-person animations for some weapons

• Audio changes (silo capturing is now broadcasted, weapon and vehicle sound changes)

• Texture, LOD, and shader optimizations – game runs much smoother

• TeamDonate command

• Weapon and vehicle reticle changes

• Many glitch fixes

• And much more!

Story and Gamemode

Renegade X is set in the near future, in a world dominated by a contagious yet valuable resource called Tiberium. The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an international security force set to combat global terrorism. Conceived as a united peacekeeping military force, GDI depends on the technological sophistication of its weaponry, and the superior training and loyalties of its officers. GDI looks to halt the spread of Tiberium, which is gradually destroying the Earth and killing off millions of people. At the same time, the Brotherhood of Nod, led by the charismatic leader known only as Kane, grew to prominence. Working largely in third world countries, wherever there was discontent and unrest, there was Kane. With the promise of a New World Order and bankrolled by the illicit Tiberium research and trade that Kane made famous, Nod began to gain power. A few scattered, disaffected units grew into an army with powerful atomic weaponry, ruthless tactics, and a Tiberian fortune. The Brotherhood aims to push humanity into the next stage of evolution via Tiberium mutation.

Where GDI stands for international stability and the removal of the Tiberium contagion, Nod seeks to overthrow the established order and build a world centred on Tiberium research.

To learn more about Command and Conquer mode, check out the short tutorial video below:

What’s next?

We discussed some of our thoughts on the future of Renegade X in our previous update: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=74009

What we can say is that Totem Arts will continue working on and updating Renegade X. We have a few new maps in the works (including remakes of Under and Complex!), and a new gamemode in the planning stages. We’re excited with what the future has in store. For now, Beta 3 was a necessary step towards having a stable game and a stable community. There have been over 200 fixes and changes since our previous version, as well as two new maps, two new special items, and new art.

We are a free game, and therefore we do not have an advertising budget. Renegade X relies completely on word-of-mouth, so please do whatever you can to spread the news. Upload a beta mirror, e-mail a gaming site or magazine, record a YouTube video, post about us on reddit and other forums, and be sure to tell your friends! The bigger our playerbase is, the more work we can put into the game.

With that said, we do aspire to become a Steam game, but we cannot do so without EA’s expressed permission. We have been trying to get to the EA licensing manager, but so far unsuccessfully. If you have any ideas on how Renegade X can become a Steam game, post them in the comments! If you know anyone from EA, point them in our direction please!

That’s all for now!

We’re looking forward to seeing you all again. Let us know what you think – connect with us and the community through our website, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. Soon enough, you’ll be hearing from us again. But for now, enjoy the game!

http://www.renegade-x.com

https://www.facebook.com/CNCRenX?ref=hl

https://twitter.com/RenXGame

http://www.youtube.com/user/NEfobbyGEN/videos

WycAun0.jpg

4rfS2Kh.jpg

Rx_Volcano_1080p.png

Yay! :D Wonderful job Renegade-x team. Downloading right now! ^u^

I'm looking forward to trying out the new maps and seeing those sexy new black hand models in game. :)

Take pride in what you have done, this game is truly underestimated and deserves far more publicity than it's given.

Downloaded the game, starts up perfectly fine, until it tells me that I need to download Beta3, even though I downloaded beta 3 and reinstalled it again..

Any clue? ;/

Are you able to connect to any of the servers or does it kick you back to the menu? If this is the case please tell me what download link you used. What might be happening is you downloaded the earlier version of beta 3. The reason for the delayed release was there was an issue with beta 3 and had to be rebuild, by the time the issue was found there were already a few mirrors. We hopefully deleted all of the mirrors with the older version but this might not be the case.

EDIT

Great game, finished installing it and it works perfectly fine !

I see you edited your post if everything is working fine enjoy renegade x

Are you able to connect to any of the servers or does it kick you back to the menu? If this is the case please tell me what download link you used. What might be happening is you downloaded the earlier version of beta 3. The reason for the delayed release was there was an issue with beta 3 and had to be rebuild, by the time the issue was found there were already a few mirrors. We hopefully deleted all of the mirrors with the older version but this might not be the case.

I think the Rencorner(US, Texas) link might contain this earlier version of beta 3 you are referring to. I am being kick back to menu once I try to connect to any server.

Thanks for all the hard work! You guys are the best!

Edited by Guest

Ah...

New launcher is FAB. Nice and dark.

Jumped in for a quick session, after installing B3...

That Volcano map was over just after I joined....looked dreary...

Then, we moved onto another new map I haven't heard about, Mountain or what's it called. LOVELY! All those nice Autumn colors, mmm...looks really nice!

The game seems to be running a lot smoother, too. Nice job!

Some glitch in the Purchase Terminal is making the buttons flash around, though.

The simply cross-hair reticule for the Black Hand Sniper, and every other sniper, I imagine, don't know/haven't checked others, makes sniping easier, thank you! I feckin' headshotted a moving Havoc on first try, THAT rarely happens. :D

The release is beautiful. I installed and ran it on my 3 year old Alienware M17x with a Mobile 5870 graphics chipset. With all settings maxed, I cap out at 60 FPS (VSYNC is on). Those optimizations worked wonders. Gameplay was extremely smooth, didn't experience a single crash, hiccup or stutter. The new maps add the much needed variety, and it will only get better from here. I'm excited to get back into playing Ren full time again.

It was fun seeing Fobby out on the battlefield last night. However, I think we need to let the poor guy enjoy the game without hampering him with technical questions and suggestions. Lets keep that on the forums...just a thought.

Kotaku

Can you please not support that company? They're a horrid member of the gaming journalism industry that vilifies the people it's supposed to serve. By linking us to them, best case scenario, we give them ad money. Worst case scenario, we'll get SJWs down our through telling us how we're oh so evil misogynists, how Sakura's outfit is waaaay too revealing and unrealistic, how patriarchal it is that most of the characters are male and a million other irrelevant things.

https://archive.today/RITwn Here's a link to anyone who wants to view the post without giving them ad money. I'd like to request you take the post down, however. We do not want the attention of the sort of people who read Kotaku.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Kotaku More information (Fair warning, potentially NSFW ads and articles)

http://loltaku.tumblr.com/ Ridiculous things they post

I wish XMountain was not included after playing. Volcano is great, of course, based on the old classic. Then we get another map that has absolutely nothing to do with Renegade, that just seems to understand nothing of making maps for the game. Its just terrible to play in... actually far more boring than even Lakeside. And its oversized. Feels like a 5v5 with 20 players.

The "new" maps are always so much worse. Can't we just stick to classics?

I wish XMountain was not included after playing. Volcano is great, of course, based on the old classic. Then we get another map that has absolutely nothing to do with Renegade, that just seems to understand nothing of making maps for the game. Its just terrible to play in... actually far more boring than even Lakeside. And its oversized. Feels like a 5v5 with 20 players.

XMountain was pretty smart made, has a lot of bugs though, and could stand to be smaller but isn't the worst at any of those things.

We definitely need more classics, but as noticed around RenX, classic maps seem small, and require a lot to update their feel anyway. City for instance, the road could use to be an X shape in the center, AND have on/off ramps, to both stretch the center of the map and create realism and interaction between the over and underpasses. No road in existance does what City-Flying does, it is so "mock-up".

Then we get another map that has absolutely nothing to do with Renegade, that just seems to understand nothing of making maps for the game.

X Mountain is thematically brave in that it expands the environments that we can experience in renegade.

On of the main criticisms of the original Renegade was the excessive Canyon and Snow textures. I feel that the Renx devs purposefully gave us a unique environment to make amends for the original's shortcomings.

Mechanically, yes, it has some shortfalls. But the sheer amount of work that goes into their maps (for free) warrants some understanding.

I think X Mountain is a colorful and imaginative map. I would love it if they released another map with the same texture set.

Great work as always, Renx Team.

X Mountain is thematically brave in that it expands the environments that we can experience in renegade.

On of the main criticisms of the original Renegade was the excessive Canyon and Snow textures. I feel that the Renx devs purposefully gave us a unique environment to make amends for the original's shortcomings.

Mechanically, yes, it has some shortfalls. But the sheer amount of work that goes into their maps (for free) warrants some understanding.

I think X Mountain is a colorful and imaginative map. I would love it if they released another map with the same texture set.

Great work as always, Renx Team.

Agreed!

Just take a moment to think about the amount of work needed to create new textures and colorschemes just for this map! I believe this wasn't a small tweak from existing ones, so credit is due to Kenz3001 for making this!

Overly dark (Volcano/Field/MesaII) and overly bright (Whiteout/Islands/Walls) have been exchanged for the colorful scheme of X-Mountain, a brighter version of Goldrush if you will.

Then we get another map that has absolutely nothing to do with Renegade,

Explain what it is that makes a map a "Renegade map"? Don't stick just to the classics, even in classic ren there were some great fan-made maps.

• Totem Arts Staff

No one says they have to stick to the original Ren. They redid models. OHNO let's delete the whole game. They made a new map, let's blow up the Earth.

I'm not talking about the look. The theme looks great. The presentation is good. Unfortunately, look is the very last factor of a good map.

We definitely need more classics, but as noticed around RenX, classic maps seem small, and require a lot to update their feel anyway. City for instance, the road could use to be an X shape in the center, AND have on/off ramps, to both stretch the center of the map and create realism and interaction between the over and underpasses. No road in existance does what City-Flying does, it is so "mock-up".

The problem is that big maps don't work. They just don't.

Classic maps seems small, but everything works in them.

The problem with the map is I just hate playing it. Its that simple. Its big, infantry is boring. Even Field is barely too big and empty and split that its a boring map.

Its those kind of maps where I either play a tank or go to sleep. The point is I'd rather they focus on doing classics if their original maps have none of the attributes that makes classics good. I want a map where infantry and vehicles are in an harmonious fight. In maps like XMountain, just walking to the other side of the map takes a decade.

I just don't understand the point of big maps. They are 10x more boring than anything else. But yes, I'm definitely an infantry lover. These aren't fun infantry maps. At all.

Clearly this all comes down to personal preference. By the time it matured, Renegade had a significant number of maps. Everyone likes something different, hence the variety. So, enjoy the maps you do like, and either get through the ones you don't like, or take a break for 20 minutes.

You could complain all day about how Field is an annoying map that always ends with whichever side ended up controlling the field bunching up at the entrance of the opposite base, too (and some people have). Despite that, Im still glad they included it; I can say the same thing about any new maps.

Can someone help me, please? I can't join any servers. Whenever I try to join a server from either the launcher or in-game server list, it goes to a loading screen and then just puts me back at the main menu. I've tried for 3 separate servers, all of which were not filled. I've even reinstalled the game.

Beta 4 when

jk

Probably not for awhile, i would guess. I consider beta 3 to be a major success as far as stability goes so the devs may take their time with the next content package.

Beta 1 was good, beta 2 was buggy and lasted forever, beta 3 is good, beta 4 will be buggy and last forever.

Do you still want beta 4 now?

JKJK.