FAQ: Ask questions here, frequently.

Patriot

What delay? It's just a simple sound modification that sounds like word-of-mouth up close and radio frequency when far away.

It could be useful when someone says commands like "Take the point," "I need repairs," "Follow me," ect. That way you know when the person who said it is close to you and it gives you an idea that he might just be talking to you.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does renegade x has this same feature that was in normal renegade?

d0c56a0e815236a8d844f34a60075af81622a871.jpg

If you try to shoot just over obstacle it will somehow autoaim on the ground. It happens also if you try to shoot enemy with apc and try to hit him in the head. Game sometimes autoaims to the torso. It's hard to aim when game constantly changes from "auto" aim to centre of the circle and back to auto aim.

I hope that the shooting dot will always stay centre of the circle. It's irritating and not really ment to be that way.

It's not auto-aiming, it's the trajectory of the weapon your a firing. Just because you can see over an obstacle, doesn't mean your weapon can as well. That's why sometimes you might aim over a rock, but since the weapon can't see over the rock, it hits the top of it instead.

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Mar 31 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not auto-aiming, it's the trajectory of the weapon your a firing. Just because you can see over an obstacle, doesn't mean your weapon can as well. That's why sometimes you might aim over a rock, but since the weapon can't see over the rock, it hits the top of it instead.[/b]

therefore it is a good feature.

QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Apr 1 2009, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
therefore it is a good feature.[/b]

Therefore I don't like 3rd person view. You can hit someone by aiming straight on them, and by aiming BEHIND them. Effectively enlarging the area where you can hit someone. Which is why most snipers are completely crazy about the 3rd person view, as all instant hit weapons benefit enormously from it.

But, as tanks don't have instant hit weapons and due to the terrain it doesn't really matter for them. Although I would love a first person view for tanks: it would make it so much easier if you can zoom into first person and shoot through a door into a building.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

Target boxes, what of them? Are you guys going to code that into the game? (The box that goes around players that shows their health when you target them).

Also, if this is put into the game, then how will it work when combined with feign death? You can fake your death, but if you have target boxes, then players would just be able to aim their weapon at you to see if you still have any health remaining.

QUOTE (dirtycopgangsta @ Apr 18 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In theory, the unreal engine allows for one vehicle to transport another vehicle ? Transport chopper carrying a medium tank for example[/b]

The wonderfull thing of this thread is that the questions and answers are mostly included in the first post:

Q: How about letting the Transports carry vehicles underneath them?
A: No. Only for delivery of crate vehicles.

Someone asked a question about 'the weird nuke dissapearing if it's disarmed 2 seconds before detonation'. How about having the nuke fly in horizontally out of the map, and change course just before the countdown? That way you can have the nuke fly straight on if it's disarmed 2 seconds before impact, or hit squarely without giving GDI time to run away.
Because the Ion beacon is much easier to locate in the last seconds of the countdown due to the big bad blue beam, perhaps add a red laser to the nuke beacon that will get longer the closer the countdown get's to zero. That would explain the nuke trajectory: first it is aimed at the air/clouds the target laser is aimed at, but when the lens of the beacon comes into sight, it will change course and hit the beacon.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

We're not going to start the attack animation until after the 30 second timer is over so nothing disappears. ;) So once the countdown reaches 0, that's the point of no return and then the animation plays. So technically you have like 35 seconds to run away, 30 to disarm. :P

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Apr 18 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're not going to start the attack animation until after the 30 second timer is over so nothing disappears. ;) So once the countdown reaches 0, that's the point of no return and then the animation plays. So technically you have like 35 seconds to run away, 30 to disarm. :P[/b]

But in 5 seconds ANYONE can get out of the AOE of the nuke. Isn't that a bit unfair?

QUOTE (Demigan @ Apr 18 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The wonderfull thing of this thread is that the questions and answers are mostly included in the first post:

Q: How about letting the Transports carry vehicles underneath them?
A: No. Only for delivery of crate vehicles.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

How does that answer my question ? I didn't ask if they would implement it, i asked if it's possible.

QUOTE (dirtycopgangsta @ Apr 18 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was talking about player controled vehicles. :unsure:[/b]

Should have specified that :P
It is possible then, but I think it is only possible if the transporter spawns with the tank underneath.
If any vehicle could be winched, only the buggy and the humvee imo

About the 5 second run away time, I think its too long. You can run away for 5 whole seconds? There is no more thrill of maybe dying or disarming the beacon... You either disarm it or you can run away. I think Demigans solution might be worth thinking about. Only a 1 second run away time.

Another question. Will people who have died still stop bullits? Meaning if they fly around (in pieces or as a whole body) be able to stop rockets and bullits? It wouldnt be a great change, but it would alter the gameplay.

Will names of enemies only be displayed if you target them or hit them? It would enchance sneaking around.

Ban4life

QUOTE (Ban4life @ Apr 19 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will names of enemies only be displayed if you target them or hit them? It would enchance sneaking around.

Ban4life[/b]

Answer that please^

Will there be actual ammo clips for each gun ? I'm asking because in rene the weapons ARE the ammo clips.

Well I pulled the number 5 out of my arse when I wrote that because I don't know off of the top of my head what the actual time is.

QUOTE (dirtycopgangsta @ Apr 19 2009, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Ban4life @ Apr 19 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ban4life[/b]

Answer that please^

Will there be actual ammo clips for each gun ? I'm asking because in rene the weapons ARE the ammo clips.

[/b]

We've been planning on doing the names the way they were in Renegade.

Technically there could be ammo clips for each gun although we hadn't planned that.

The GDI Ion cannon animation, can you guys maybe adjust it to make it work more realistically?

I mean, keep it similar to Renegade with respect, but just change it so that it isn't as retarded. Every time I watch the Ion cannon animation play in Renegade I get annoyed. The way it looks and the way it does damage are two completely different things!

1. Those small beams that drag towards the center make no sense because the beam itself is behind shot from a single satellite cannon. What's the point? I mean, I can understand target beams, but they don't look like target beams, they look like mini-dragging ion cannons. And for that matter, why don't they do any damage like they do in C&C3?

If I could make a suggestion, change them to target beams, make them look like a targeting system.

2. Why does the beam impact the ground for 5 seconds and not do any damage until the count down is finished? I really like the rising particles from the ground as well as those blue rings, but lose the center beam until the cannon ACTUALLY fires. That way it actually LOOKS like it does damage on impact.

Also, as an added suggestion, make like an "fluctuation" or a "light refraction" effect on the ground when its about to fire. Like a magnetic effect distorting the air around the impact site. Sort of how heat looks like when it is rising off the surface of something hot. Do that like 2 or 3 seconds before the beam hits the ground to make it look like the beam is magnetically impacting the target area before it actually physically hits.

Ion animation: http://www.moddb.com/mods/renegade-x/video...railer#imagebox

Check 4:28 and further for some hot ztuf.

1: Somewhere it's explained that those beams are to ionise the air around the target, which is indicated by the blobs in the air and be beams that coalesc into eachother. Then some other beam sets it all off.

2: See above. I do agree with you that it might have looked way more spectacular is on zero a huge beam appears and strikes them down like the force of some god instead of watching the beam harmlessly form and then go boom. But that's not the case in the C&C universe and I think the team has done a wonderfull animation so far.

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Apr 20 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you played any other Tiberium games in the C&C universe?

I think you mean to say "That's not the case in Renegade."[/b]

No, what I mean to say is 'It's in no other C&C game EXCEPT tib wars'. Reason being, only in tib wars they have the coalescing beams apart from renegade! :)

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Apr 21 2009, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, but as you can read above, I compared the Renegade version to the Tiberium Wars version and noted the main difference in that the consolidating beams do damage in TW, whereas in Renegade, they do nothing until the timer reaches 0.[/b]

Yes, but the one in tiberium wars can hit more then 10 buildings at once, while the one in renegade, a much older version, only hit's one. But it's far more powerfull then the new one :) They are what, 60 year apart?

QUOTE (Demigan @ Apr 21 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, but the one in tiberium wars can hit more then 10 buildings at once, while the one in renegade, a much older version, only hit's one. But it's far more powerfull then the new one :) They are what, 60 year apart?[/b]

in renegade theres like 5 buildings, 3 in the smaller maps so how can u destoy 60 none existant ones? :P

QUOTE (Demigan @ Apr 21 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, but the one in tiberium wars can hit more then 10 buildings at once, while the one in renegade, a much older version, only hit's one. But it's far more powerfull then the new one :) They are what, 60 year apart?[/b]

You contradict yourself :blink: .

You say the one in TW hits 10 buildings, the one in Renegade hits one and then proceed to claim the old one is more powerful while evidence you just produced proves the opposite. Which is it?

As for facts. From what I remember of the Ion Cannon in Tiberian Dawn, that thing was only able to hit a single building too, unless the buildings were close enough together. So in that aspect it makes perfect sense since it's exactly the same in Renegade.

I dunno why TW is brought into this since this game uses a 60 year newer enhanced version of the Ion Cannon. No wonder it's better.

Nah, I don't contradict myself. What is power in a weapon? is it the amount of enemies it hits? or is it the amount of damage it can cash out? In TW the ion cannon can hit a lot of buildings, but it can't destroy EVERY building with that single hit. In renegade, they can. The fact that all buildings are equally strong doesn't matter to me.

Yeah, but those in Tiberium dawn didn't have the big beams that swerve into eachother did they? Anyways, renegade always had a crooked relation with the other C&C games when you compared the history lines.

@Sean: I believe I said 60 year(s), not buildings apart.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

In Renegade it can for balance reasons. The reasons the beacons exist is so that there is an alternative to infiltrating a structure or pounding on the structure from the outside.

It isn't designed to reflect the core canon of the series. For example, in Tiberian Dawn, an Ioncannon couldn't take out a conyard in one shot (I think, anyway) whereas they can in Renegade's multiplayer. The reason is not because of technological advancement, but rather balance reasons. Remember it's a game.

How about, for extras, you use the weapons and tanks from UT3 itself (scaled down to ren size)? Have a bit of a scrap match and see what rocks more :) .

Shock combo those tight packed enemies, compare the flak cannon to the shotgun, telefrag your enemies, blow them apart with the impact hammer, The darkwalker shooting all the infantry up, the Goliath blowing holes in your buildings and see what that leviathan has to say about base defences!

Perhaps more of a april fools crate package, to have the leviathan drop from a transport heli and drive over your enemies tanks into their base. Ofcourse, only unofficial servers would be able to sport it and the prices should be rather high for that kind of weapons...

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

About the feign death. If an SBH feigns death will he stay invisible, or will he turn visible again? Same for when he is already visible, will he be able to turn invisible while feigning death?

Feigning death would be solely for making yourself as hard to hit as possible if you could do it and stay stealth. Being capable of turning visible when you do it might give you the oppertunity of actually feigning your death. There's no enemy who will say 'he's dead' when you are still invisible or suddenly turn invisible while on the ground.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

• 2 weeks later...