FAQ: Ask questions here, frequently.

Patriot

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a timed C4 onto a master control terminal and because of that the building survived by 2 bars...

So uhhhhhhhhh

Yep.

LAG-1.png

So what my question is, will aiming mines/C4 be more accurate in RenX?

OR!

Maybe there could be a shadow object of where your mine/C4 will land, like a half transparent image of that explosave placed where it will land if you hit fire right then and there?

QUOTE (epicelite @ Mar 16 2009, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With a timed C4 onto a master control terminal and because of that the building survived by 2 bars...

So uhhhhhhhhh

Yep.

LAG-1.png

So what my question is, will aiming mines/C4 be more accurate in RenX?

OR!

Maybe there could be a shadow object of where your mine/C4 will land, like a half transparent image of that explosave placed where it will land if you hit fire right then and there?[/b]

Mines in renegade were really accurate. Only hardship is the (small) lag, making them less accurate.
With UTIII it isnt really expected to do that.
Btw i dont understand the comic. Its about trowing mines wrong, but is that one stuck to you? and what are the gray screens...?

Ban4life

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Mar 16 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The gray is the Hand of Nod ramp right outside the door.

The mine isn't "stuck" to him he's in first person.

And the last mine hit the side of the ramp instead of the middle where he wanted it.[/b]

ah now i see. I thought those were different panels because of the black line. Try it, it doesnt make sence at all then xD

Still, that doesnt happen often, only with lag :)

Ban4life

Edit: oh and i want to add. The ghostmine where you will trow it sounds like a really fun idea, but on the other side, it might be much more fun if its still more or less a guess where you will trow it.
Also, how will the mine's attatch to walls and stuff? will they be horizontal always like in renegade or will they attatch to the surface with upside out?

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Mar 16 2009, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea I like the "Phantom image" idea for mines. Either that, or do what they were going to do with grenades in Tiberium, with that blue arch leading to where it would fall.[/b]

Ghost image would look better.

Also that sounds like it would make grenades SUPER EASY BABY EASY MODE! :P

QUOTE (dirtycopgangsta @ Mar 17 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will the explosions throw players around like in UT3?[/b]

Some (big) exposions, yes.

QUOTE (dirtycopgangsta @ Mar 17 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will we be able to spectate at any time like in UT3?[/b]

Not in clangames, maybe we restrict this at all to replays (records) only (Because of big advantages/disadvanteges a team could get by someone reporting to other team - meaning not ingame, but other ways like TS).

Haha I used to do that all the time back in the old days when I had access to my clans IRC server which was connected to the Renegade server. You'd be able to read along with both side's team chat and I'd keep my friend informed of their actions through in game whispers. Hilarity ensued when GDI was heading out in their med tanks and Nod stood waiting at a choke point in 7 Stealth Tanks ready to blow em to hell and back.

Ah good times. But yeah, let's not make that possible again in this game, as funny as it was.

QUOTE (Pr0eX @ Mar 17 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some (big) exposions, yes.[/b]

Which (big) explosions are you talking about? Nukes?
Let's rephrase that. What are SMALL explosions that don't throw you away? Probably the feather mines, but what else? A rocket up your throat should throw you away, C4 should also have a nice throwing range, tank shells (duh). What's left then?

There was a question about replacing some commands with commands such as 'I mined the powerplant'. Is it an idea to add those to the taunts/orders menu? I use the taunts/orders menu usually when I'm a bit more secure and have time to use it. Things like 'I mined the powerplant' would fit perfectly: it doesn't have to be speedy, but it is some valuable information that should be passed around in the team. Or different commands like 'the powerplant needs mines'.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

OH OH OH!

ANOTHER COOL IDEA!

You know that green square that appears around friendly vehicles, how about in the corner it can say who is driving it too? That way you would know who is the driver VS passenger.

Also vehicles that are the same type could be numbered 1-whatever?

I dunno sounds like a good idea to me.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Mar 17 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH OH OH!

ANOTHER COOL IDEA!

You know that green square that appears around friendly vehicles, how about in the corner it can say who is driving it too? That way you would know who is the driver VS passenger.
Also vehicles that are the same type could be numbered 1-whatever?

I dunno sounds like a good idea to me.[/b]

if i remember correctly the name of the person driving the vehicle is above the vehicle in question (for ur own team). ofc from a little distance this isn't readable but the world ain't gonna die from that lol.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Mar 17 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also vehicles that are the same type could be numbered 1-whatever?[/b]

I do not know exactly what you mean with this phrase, but it did gave me an idea. Might be that you were thinking the same.

Make some kind of number on the side of a vehicle. If its the second one bought it will have a big 2 on the tank somewhere.
Might be more trouble then for what its worth. But I dont know much about coding and you guys did some really amazing things already (like the dirt acumulating)

Ban4life

QUOTE (Pr0eX @ Mar 17 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some (big) exposions, yes.[/b]

So that means we might be able to use explosions to walljump ?

Another Q: Will undriven vehicles crush infantry when pushed by explosions/other vehicles ?

Yet another Q: Has the team considered making some character truly unique ? Like making the alternate Sydney immune to tiberium, and alternate Raveshaw able to heal in tiberium ?

QUOTE (dirtycopgangsta @ Mar 18 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So that means we might be able to use explosions to walljump ?

Another Q: Will undriven vehicles crush infantry when pushed by explosions/other vehicles ?

Yet another Q: Has the team considered making some character truly unique ? Like making the alternate Sydney immune to tiberium, and alternate Raveshaw able to heal in tiberium ?

Will the alternate versions of the chars even be available? I think I read somewhere they won't be in the initial version.

Also this would unbalance the game since then there would be no reason to pick one over the other. Not to mention it wasn't like that in the original Renegade so it won't be like that here.

please people. This is for normal questions and answers only. So please stop spamming (though often quite funny) questions. Make a discussion threat about it somewhere about the faqs maybe, but not here.

Bomb-vee's would be cool though, but more a nod thing.

bring in the terrorist! ;)

Edit: though I have to admit, this way some important questions are asked that otherwise wouldnt be asked. will it be able to use explosions to walljump?

QUOTE (Ban4life @ Mar 20 2009, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
please people. This is for normal questions and answers only. So please stop spamming (though often quite funny) questions. Make a discussion threat about it somewhere about the faqs maybe, but not here.
Bomb-vee's would be cool though, but more a nod thing.
bring in the terrorist! ;)

Edit: though I have to admit, this way some important questions are asked that otherwise wouldnt be asked. will it be able to use explosions to walljump?[/b]

I mean putting remote C4's all over a humvee.

QUOTE (Qbert @ Mar 20 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried puting proxs on my hum-v in a multiplay practace but they disapered when I got in. :angry: it would be awsome if it did work.[/b]

Sigh, Westwood had a rather shoddy engine, the proxy's were simply not displayed anymore, but they were still there. Hell if I know how or why. Just place them on, get in, drive around untill they 'disapear', get out and target the spots where you placed them. If correct, the indicator will turn from 'humvee' towards 'Proximity Explosive' or whatever they indicated it with.
There is a trick, called 'flaming APC'. It's easier and much less devastating with proxy mines, but usually they use timed C4. They stand in a special way next to the terminal next to the door and throw an incredible amount of timed C4 on the APC. Then they get in and drive towards the enemy, all they have to do is drive against the enemy tanks and wait for that massive row of timed explosions to occur.
I think it's a bug like so many others. Abusing the fact that you can't blow tanks under your controll with your own C4. And I hope that you will damage your own tank should you use explosives on it while you are inside.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

I think making C4 disappear on your vehicle was an intended factor of the game.

That way, once you leave your base with C4 on your vehicle, the enemy wont realize if the vehicle is mined or not and wont be afraid to get too close to you.. or take it if it is empty in the field.

Interesting idea. At first I was gonna say it would give the pilot a few additional seconds to bail out but then I remembered that Renegade doesn't have any parachutes. :P.

It could work, though needs to be tested very carefully so it's not exploited (jumping out at the exact right time not killing you). The explosion from hitting the ground should only affect the pilot (to avoid said exploiting) or bailing after destruction should be disabled all together (makes for a nice view of the crash :P).

Oh that reminded me of a question I wanted to ask before:

Will servers have the option to enable/disable parachutes?

Some renegade servers had the ability to use parachutes that activated when you were above X height so you would safely fall to the ground without harm. It would be cool doing paradrops out of a transport chopper. And being that it would be a server side option, it wouldn't really change balance much.. not to mention give transport choppers a cool new use.

I never saw that feature in my time but I don't think I'd like to play on a server like that. What I remember from a typical game of Renegade is that everyone always stayed in their vehicle till the bitter end and died with it at all times because leaving it would be handing over free vehicles to the enemy if they are halfway smart. There was no 'getting the fuck out at the last second' like is the case in modern vehicle games like BF2 and such. It was a Renegade rule and breaking it would earn you an ear full from your team.

While this problem may not exist with aircraft, because those crash and burn most of the time anyway, I do think that adding a mechanic that encourages bailing your vehicle is an insult to the old Renegade bible. :P

Q: Will a new remixed version of the old menu music find it's way back into the game's menu/server listing?

Your point doesn't make sense. In what way does adding in a parachute mechanic encourage people to bail out of their vehicle early? When your vehicle explodes in Renegade, you don't die, you are automatically ejected. If you are in a tank and it explodes, you don't die, you just exit the vehicle unharmed and continue on as infantry.

So the only difference between getting out early before the vehicle explodes and waiting for the vehicle to explode is the fact that you give the enemy a chance to steal your vehicle.

With aircraft, however, it is a little different. Whether you get out at the last second or not (not that it makes a difference) you are probably too high in the air to be able to survive the fall.

If you are in an aircraft and get blown up, then your vehicle explodes and you drop to the ground. You are alive until you touch the ground, in which case you die from the fall, not from losing your vehicle.

There where some servers that allowed players to type in a command that would exchange 300 or so of a players credits for a parachute so that if they fell from greater than a certain height, they would fall to the ground safely. I don't understand how that would encourage bailing out of your vehicle early.. the only thing I see it encouraging is using the transport helicopter more for quick drop-off runs instead of having to get up close and personal before anyone can leave the aircraft. (Thus turning the "flying coffin" into the #1 vehicle for hell-droppers)

Cool idea for a client side option.

Every time you or someone else hits the talk button a radio crackle sound will play for a half second, then again when you let go. =3

Everyone can choose if they want this on or not but IMO it will really get you into the game more. :P

• Totem Arts Staff
Will all the weapons in Renegade X be 100% accurate like in Renegade?[/b]

What do you mean? 100% like Renegade's weapons, or 100% accurate in terms of aim?

a) Not "100%" the same as we've already said, there will be some minor changes in at least a couple weapons (for example, Ramjet will not get as much points for shooting at vehicles it can barely damage, and other such tweaks)

B) Yes the weapons will essentially shoot at where you point them. We will not have a retical size-changer dealy for when you're moving or standing still.

QUOTE (dirtycopgangsta @ Mar 20 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The topic says "Ask questions here, frequently" so i ask a question when i have one. Nothing personal Ban4life, but i think i have the right to ask and to get an answer. :D [/b]

Its no problem man! Just ask your questions =D
My point was, some weird questions have been asked, and idea's have been spammed. Though it is allright at a certain level, most of the time they can just make threads for these idea's. Idea's arent supposed to be in de FAQs, though happening a lot. Nor the weird questions that are asked sometimes.
Often idea's are disguised as a question. Not really fair.
Ban4life

@parachutes: only from the coffin! that would be more interesting.
@accuracy: Renegade is for pro's, so the tactic "firehose" doesnt work very well because of the small and incredibly precise aim. Let us keep it that way.
@bailing out of your vehicle: in time games it could be handy. The bonus for destroying a vehicle of the enemy with someone in it is a significant one. If you get out just before they kill off your vehicle, they dont get as much points, and you arent standing in the middle of the destoryed vehicle being such a target, you are standing just next to it giving you that very little more egde to run away... (or loose havoc ofcourse)

More English, less "plz."

As far as I know there is no way to publish mods to the 360 version of Unreal 3, just the PS3 version. If I'm wrong about that, then yes we will try to port it to the 360/PS3, but not until after we are completely done with the PC version.

But yeah I don't think the 360 is possible.

QUOTE (napkin @ Mar 28 2009, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really need to know this, can this possibly be released on the Xbox 360, please say it can, ill but it in a damn heartbeat.[/b]

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Also:

QUOTE (TigerXtrm @ Mar 22 2009, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Q: Will a new remixed version of the old menu music find it's way back into the game's menu/server listing?

[/b]

QUOTE (epicelite @ Mar 24 2009, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool idea for a client side option.

Every time you or someone else hits the talk button a radio crackle sound will play for a half second, then again when you let go. =3

Everyone can choose if they want this on or not but IMO it will really get you into the game more. :P[/b]

^^ That's a good idea. Also how about this as well:

If you use voice communication (or maybe even hot key commands like "I need repairs!") if you are within a close proximity to the person who said the command (or is talking) then it would sound like they were flat out talking to you, not as if it is coming from over a radio.

However, if the command/chat is issued from, say, across the map, then you would get like a radio static overlay on the audio.