FAQ: Ask questions here, frequently.

Patriot

QUOTE (Demigan @ Oct 21 2009, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Yes, but vs most snipers it makes no difference. And if you buy officer after officer, you end up with more health and time to damage people for the same amount of money as a patch. And don't start with 'but you'll die more' because K.D. ratio means nothing, and you don't die that much more. The officer has how much health? 150+100 armour, the patch 200+100 armour. 50 health is barely anything. If you start off with one second of bad shooting you already lost that much if not more.[/b]

I don't really understand what you said here but I did notice you are being bias to snipers. What one unit has a weakness for, it has a strength in another. You cannot say a unit is bad completely because it isn't as effective against one specific unit type.

They both die with 2 shots from the ramjet, and they both die with 3 shots from the normal sniper.[/b]

And it takes more machine gun shots to kill a patch than an officer. It takes more explosion splash damage to kill a patch than an officer. It takes more laser shots to kill a patch then an officer. What's you're point?

-Yes, and one of the things why the chaingun and the laser chaingun are very good vs people is because they are the few weapons that don't need the pinpoint accuracy of other weapons in the game. Aiming nearly on them works just as good as on them, while other weapons HAVE to be aimed exactly on them or in front of them as they move.[/b]
-They do equal damage as far as I know, with tiberium damage afterwards. But it doesn't always do tiberium damage afterwards, and it's of short duration.[/b]

These two points contradict each other. You would rather spread shots around, missing a good number of them by randomized trajectory chance, than to lead a single accurate line of projectiles into where the enemy is? Especially if they do the same damage and the latter actually has an after effect? That makes no sense.

The Officer is better at shooting into crowds, but accurate weapons are good for leading shots against singular opponents.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, my point is:

The patch is more then twice as expencive

he does NOT have twice as much health, nor twice as much damage even for good players and incalculating the bigger spread of the chaingun. Both small advantages added up still doesn't come up with being twice as good as the officer. An officer doesn't have to watch out for when he has to reload, so he can also take potshots that would normally get him closer to reload time and reload time means damage taken.

All in all, While yes the patch IS better, it was marginally better before and without the reloading its almost nothing. So the 157% extra money payed for the patch is a little too much. meaning either the patch needs to cost less or be upgraded, which I'm against, or the officer having a downgrade or costing less, I'm for the downgrade on the officer, in this case: making him reload again.

Later on in the weekend I'll finally have time to boot up Renegade-x 0.36 and I'll experiment with it a little to see if you are right or me. I hope the properties of both characters are already exactly as in renegade so we won't be biased by that.

• 4 weeks later...
Q: Your infantry animations that I have seen in videos look fruity. Why?
A: Those are UT3's animations played at UT3 speeds, but with infantry only moving at Renegade's speed, so there is a mismatch. We haven't made our own infantry animations yet, but we will eventually.[/b]

If they ARE going to be redone, when, and where is it on the prioritys list?.[/b]

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Nov 23 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone's already working on it, I don't know if it will be done for the next version.[/b]

Im very glad to hear it. I hope that the hands and arms look some what similar to the original Renegade as well.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Nov 23 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the next update going to have the new standalone mod engine thing?[/b]

**THAT** would definatly bring more fans and players to the mod.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (epicelite @ Nov 23 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the next update going to have the new standalone mod engine thing?[/b]

You should probably read the latest news post a little closer:

The process could take months, so our plan is to release one or two more versions of Renegade X for Unreal Tournament 3 in the near future (so don't worry, C&C fans, your UT3 did not go to waste wink.gif). We will then spend as much time as it takes trying to port everything to the UDK and building some of the coding from scratch. It may take some time, but in the end, a standalone version of Renegade X is entirely possible, and by the time that happens, you can expect a lot of new, cool features.[/b]

We're aiming for a release sometime next month, and afterwords we'll be porting to the UDK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Oct 23 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Patch is roughly 72% more expensive than an officer.. not 157% :blink:
Patch is 450. 28% of 450 is roughly 125, which is the cost of an officer.

I still think it is worth it and the Officer isn't at all over powered.[/b]

Chaingunner is 175 last time I checked :)

does anyone have all the damage values of all the guns for me? (eg raptor gun: 5dmg against units, 20 against head, 3 against light armour, 1 against heavy, .01 against buildings)
I really need it to check some of the avarage effectiveness of the units. Thanks!

Ban4life

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q1: "There are currently 1 players playing Renegade X." Does thsi actually mean that on the servers only 1 dude is playing?

Q2: If not, how many players are usually playing? Give or take on a normal day?

(I just bought UT3 and now I`m downloading REN-X YEHA)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Patiense is a Virtue. Let them do there thing and dont rush them: Were gonna see some fireworks fly when there done cooking up what there up to right now me thinks. I got a strong feeling bout that.

Rather a tested and excelent patch than a rusty bucket of bolts. Keep up the good work RenX team: See you ingame too.

QUOTE (Jointn00b @ Apr 29 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my god, not this again.

people PLEASE give them a break cuz they're working their asses off right now.
Just stfu with the 'when are you gonna release a new update :( ' and be patient we all know that it'll be worth it.[/b]

This man speaks the truth.

By the way, when's the mod coming out?

Thing is, when I use the Frontend, I almost always get a picture of the map that the server is playing, and a random view from the top of the map, and it gets stuck there. Is there something I can do to get around that like use the Direct IP Tool?

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Lavama @ May 2 2010, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thing is, when I use the Frontend, I almost always get a picture of the map that the server is playing, and a random view from the top of the map, and it gets stuck there. Is there something I can do to get around that like use the Direct IP Tool?[/b]

update your drivers, directX, use renx ip or use the ingame console F10/Tab and type open ip :P ort (e.g. open 78.46.83.213:1337)

• 1 month later...

I thought the purpose of this mod is to kill renegade. So pilots, if you want to still kill renegade, would be better, and even for the AI controlled A-10's, it would be better. Also, in real life, A-10's had swichable weapons, such as bombs, or machine guns, or a nose mounted machine gun and missles. Is this codeable? So for example, you have a squad of nod troops incoming, so you call in an A-10 with high caliber machine guns to take care of them, as well as any light vehicles that happan to be there. Squad of fast tanks coming your way? No problem. Just call in an A-10 with a nose mounted machine gun and missles to take care of them and any infantry trailing aside. However, the missles are meant for anti-tank purposes only, so they are very weak vs. infantry. Got a squad of mammoth tanks or an obelisk tower in your way? Peice of cake. Just call in the A-10's with 4 heavy bombs. These will decimate, if not destroy, the heavist (or lightest) of vehicles and infantry, and to an extent, buildings. However, they take a while to get to the ground, so infantry and fast moving vehicles can get out of there before it's too late.