Pick Up Games (PUGs)

yosh56

If you talk to me and I dont answer its probably Id didnt hear you ..you may have noticed in my YT videos some voices sort very low ..sometime i hear my name but not the rest ..sorry

I highly recommend you to turn up the voice receive volume around +10 to +20db. The in-game sounds at the highest volume are too loud for you to hear anybody talking in the default TS volume

Thing is.. people on teamspeak with mic only listen to people who speak. They clearly don't have any attention to the in-game chat. So if someone without a mic says something in chat, he gets ignored.

Also lots of people talk bs on ts and because of that, a lot of stuff what's going on gets ignored and nobody pays attention.

So you can say people without a mic is trouble.. but the same goes for people with a mic.

This is because the only person that actually should be talking in TS is the commander. if a teammember is going to talk in TS, it better be urgent or important. This way people would be more likely to listen to TS because the messages said on there generally become more useful. Once again, the commander should also read the messages in chat and relay on TS on what should be done with it. If someone says in the chat that there are enemy vehicles on the right flank where-as the commander's strategy leaves the right flank open, it's up for the commander to say: "we need meds on the right flank, if you're still in base or nearby cover it"

Instead of sending messages, you can also hold Q to spot a group of enemies, which then will be shown on the minimap. You could make an agreement with the commander that when you spot an enemy, you also press ctrl + 0 (Enemy spotted!) straight after to signal that this is an important message. Once again, this prevents a single sense like your ears from being overloaded.

This is also why the commander should mainly command, and not be super-engaged in tank battles. He needs his focus on let his team fight the best possible battle.

Walls

GDI just rolling over Nod. Early APC kills Nod ref first, then a chinook with some help from orcas kills Nod PP. Meds & orcas with ions finish off HoN and strip. Nod had nothing to say the whole game.

Mesa

First one-sided Mesa on a PUG. Nod keeps spamming artilleries & techs the whole game while at the same time camping the passage from the central infantry cave. Ref, barracks and PP go down consequently to arty spam and GDI surrenders.

Volcano

Nod having slight advantage in the early game gives lone tech opportunity to sneak & kill GDI refinery during chaos in GDI base. After that GDI turtles in its base and somehow goes from being 2k behind in points to ~3k in front. In the late game GDI PP and Airstrip go down, but it has no influence on the gameplay. GDI win on points.

Nod tried flame rushing, rocket rushing, chem rushing but not much could work against a disciplined GDI camp - even though we never went past 4 meds. I guess multiple SBH nuke + flame tanks rolling in could have worked... but still our point advantage was huge. Don't suicide so many flame tanks next time?

Islands

The only game where my team played bad. After losing control of the field in the early game, we simply didn't get enough tanks and gradually lost our buildings to mass meds + ions. First ref, then strip and HoN.

Kinda lame, public-game-like loss if you ask me.

I liked the PUG! Total score 3-1, GDI 3-1 Nod

PUG is always the same time Tony

Dutch / Western Europe: 20.00 / 8PM

UK: 19:00 / 7PM

USA / New York: 14:00 / 2PM

India: guess it depens on where you are, use a timezone converter?

Might make it tonight, if I am still alive...

I couldn't make it this time. What did I miss besides NukeFest 2016?

Reporting!

Islands

Standard Islands, almost the same as last week. Plenty of vehicle pushing, eventually GDI had the upper hand and ref, hon and strip fell to tanks/ion spam. Not sure why we keep choosing to play this boring map :P

Tomb

Bad defending from GDI in the very beginning. Like 2-3 guys walked in and destroyed WF while whole team was focused on the early Nod APC (still, I think WF was infiltrated before APC entered GDI base). Flame rush followed and finished what was left of GDI base.

Lakeside

Apaches vs. orcas the whole game. A lot of failed rushes, a lot of waiting for the actions of enemy team and finally one orca rush succeded and killed HoN (only because some of us managed to jump in via windows... it wasn't mined well). Nod surrendered.

Eyes

Standard vehicle fight, looking even with points before a tech killed the GDI PP. As a result of that, Nod took advantage in field and GDI, having no morale, surrendered early.

Mistake from GDI not to leave a person camping that crucial path.

Snow

I'm happy we tried a new map for once. In the start whole Nod team rushes barracks with flamethrowers, fails and meanwhile loses HoN to like 2 people... right after that GDI counter-rushes with officers and kills airstrip with outside c4. Well... humiliation.

5-0 total. I do think teams were imbalanced. We had all the sneaky people and all the snipers while team bong seemed to have all the newbies.

But the biggest problem in my opinion was terrible defence, you lost 3 (if not 4) games because of it. I saw no campers in your team and my experience tells me that, unfortunately, very often campers are what you need to win.

Yeah Quincy was right. I loved this PUG, but I can imagine what it would be like on the other side... I think at least 3 out of 5 games where lost cause of bad or no defence and people being ignorant.

Islands had good teamwork on both sides. In Tomb I died early and decided to have a look at the GDI base. I am pretty sure 2 or 3 people noticed me walking to the WF and I even encountered someone at / near the door who choose to ignore me. Than when I c4ed the MCT 2 other people came in and an enemy soldier which was killed in a firefight. After this nobody cared for the C4 at MCT it seemed. GG!

Lakeside we (I am not sure who was with me) just fell in the HON with a chinook while this vehicle primary a decoy. Later Nod surrendered unfortunately. Could have been a good game, but it felt like the whole enemy team just fell apart... On Eyes I think we had one serious infiltration attempt and two chinooks hitting us. We couldn't kill the small guardtower, but I walked to the ref multiple times without any problem.

After this we decided to let 'our opponent' choose a map, which was snow. We expected a huge chemrush and had some work to repell the flamers. I defended the vehicle tunnel later and chased a soldier, Since I was close to the HON I thought I could as well go for it.... Two people joined from nowhere and 3 three people inside the HON seemed to be AFK. I can't believe we killed that building.

Again: I liked the PUG but I wouldn't want to be on the team that lost most stuff by bad organizing / defence. Hopefully the other PUG's will have something for both sides...

Better organized

Better Strategy

Yeah that's cause we worked as a team, communicating to eachother. It doesn't say anything about the individual skills in the team. Played with almost the same people and lost quite a few times cause everybody was still very solo orientated (even on the PUG).

I was thinking to say something about 'rules' for the PUG, but I just leave that besides. One thing to consider is the fact that you had people doing solo nukes (Tony?) which didn't really benefit your cause... Not sure how to tackle that.

• Totem Arts Staff
Our time was communicating, just I think half of our team was not listening/being stupid/doing their own thing

Yeah before it started (during ion/nuke party) we wanted everyone to get nukes or ions and meet up. Some people didn't listen and went sniping or calling airstrikes.

Our time was communicating, just I think half of our team was not listening/being stupid/doing their own thing

Yeah before it started (during ion/nuke party) we wanted everyone to get nukes or ions and meet up. Some people didn't listen and went sniping or calling airstrikes.

I just realized I misspelled one of the easiest words in the English dictionary, I feel REALLY stupid now :/

• Agent pinned, featured, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Agent locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic