[Aug 21st, 2022] ~ 155 simultaneous players online

N3tRunn3r

Greetings there,

I just wanna post a screenshot of the RenX Launcher from yesterday. The RenX Community had about ~155 simultaneous players online across ~3 servers. There had been more players online before I had taken that screenshot.

GG!

While in EU2 Nod had greatly won by rocket rushes, GDI had steamrolled Nod in EU1 few minutes later. These same tactics didnt work on both servers at once, lolz!

renx-150p.png

Edited by N3tRunn3r
  • Like 1

We've been there already(C&C Remasters wave), it sticked for a month and returned back to how it is these days.
With lack of cohesive tutorial("How to Play" screen is nice beginning, but it can only do so much) and/or unique map for testing various things, new players will continue to join a match, get confused at what the hell is happening and then either stick slightly longer, ask people what to do/how everything works or just leave.
Also something something they see that most matches turn into meatgrinders that they may have seen in other games and already know how boring it will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2022 at 2:00 PM, Handepsilon said:

I dunno, I still feel like the map promotes too much stalemate and careless gameplay

To be honest I give you right with that, but it shows what low populated servers need, and also what also makes it interesting for players.

Lets begin with the part when its a full server and why players still vote for field:

Pros:

- Its a easy and simple map (also very good for new players)

- No team have already lost when the field is conquert (like epic comebacks with rocket or gunner rushes and unexpected wins by the baselocked team)

- Many players at one place meaning the is also a big chance people can react to a damage building fast in order to repair it

- Buildings not far apart of each other

- Long games also fun for players (yeah I love to chase the opportunity to get heroric)

- Good coverage with AGT and Obelisk (witch evens weaker teams more out and helps them to defend their buildings) until better players come on your team?

Cons:

- Like I already said long game witch can last for hours and sadly not everybody have so much time on hand.

- Killing harv in the first 2 mins can actually

- Its actually overplayed and I understand when people want also to see other maps (but pls not forest it sux)

- often artys and mlrs camping tunns

- ion/nuke spam in tunnels

- Commanders with rushes play a very big role when it comes to tunnel rushes.

- Its very crowded and sometimes chaotic

And now the arguments why field is very good for low player servers:

For example imagine you play a big map with a few players lets say 10 so 5 players each team, It would end in one team dominate the other and buildings will blow up witch frustrates the one loosing team by that and that will cause them to leave, what in other hands shows why mostly field is needed to fill up the servers.

This could be fixed by making a script witch gives buildings more AP or HP and impossible to kill that fast in order to give that team that is attacked much time to react to it by defending and repping. And should turn to the standart hp/ap value when there is a specific amount of players on the server.

or a system that have a player minimum before buildings can be damaged for example: before the server population reaches 24 players it is not possible to destroy any buildings.

Those 2 ideas would replicate what field actually does and would help to make Renegade X more fun for low populated servers without frustrating players too much and get servers faster going with players. (throughout the early mornings)

feel free to comment.

• Like 1