How did you found out about RenX

HuskerDoggo

Here you can post on how you initially found out about Renegade X. I know for most people it would be totalbiscuit's popular video he made but it's interesting to know about the other ways people find RenX.

For me I saw a few videos on youtube ~7 - 8 years ago when it was still a mod but i never really looked up what it was exactly. Only later, a while after open beta 4 was released, i saw the trailer again in recommended. I was so impressed by that trailer that i immediately wanted to start playing it too.

Mmmm it might be Totem Arts buying personal information from companies to know who played the original Renegade so they can purposely put Renegade X in my youtube recommends :)

Edited by HuskerDoggo

2 years ago I was looking for information about C&C mods on C&C wiki and stumbled upon RenX page. At the time I couldn't play multiplayer because download mirrors sucked(really badly) and so I've played Black Dawn, was inpressed and forgot about the game until this year's February. Thank you devs for fixing those mirrors!

• Thanks 1

Google :)

And an article on tweakers.net saying the game was to be released... When I checked that it was just released :D

First time I joined I thought. This is EXACTLY like Renegade.... Untill I checked the original again and got scared by the graphics.. :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ryz said:

Google :)

And an article on tweakers.net saying the game was to be released... When I checked that it was just released :D

First time I joined I thought. This is EXACTLY like Renegade.... Untill I checked the original again and got scared by the graphics.. :P

but it says you're a closed beta tester. so how can be that while you first played when open beta was out 🤔🤔

In 2008 I have stumbled across an article about "Renegade 2007". It was very closed then, since I never was part of any clans or Renegade communities, joining it was not an option at that time. Fast forward to February 2017, YouTube somehow brought up some RenX video, and seeing how the date on its upload was fairly recent, I was very surprised that it still exists and is alive ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryz said:

so much yes.

I heard about it ingame during the time i still played oldren, saw pictures of the old UT3 mod version on google, it didnt look quite as it does now and there was no standalone installer for it, didnt give it much thought back then because UT3 had like 10-15 FPS on lowest settings on my build.
wasn't until 2 years ago or so when i finally got a new PC i was able to play it.

• Totem Arts Staff

i was a keen unreal player, one day wile playing ut3 i got board and decided to look for some skins / mods and came across this project that was remaking a old game called renegade ... well i played the shit out of ren back in the day so i took a look and to my amazement the bloody thing was still being made :( but i kept track of it to see if it came to be ... well some how its got made (blah blah blah mod came out blah blah black dawn blah blah blah udk MultiPlayer) and is still in active development 11 years on ... and some how i became a bloody dev.

funny how things turn out

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, HuskerDoggo said:

but it says you're a closed beta tester. so how can be that while you first played when open beta was out 🤔🤔

Lol cause there was a closed beta after beta1. I don't remember exactly which one, but beta 3 or 4 was tested in a 'closed' environment. 

played the C&C Renegade campaign in 2003,and a few "multiplayer practice" matches,really fell in love with the game back then,always wanted to play it multiplayer online but it wasn't possible because we had no internet.Googled C&C Renegade (after I finally had internet) several times,was surprised why such a good game never got a sequel,the last time I googled was a few weeks before RenX was  released,downloaded it on launch,but it never worked on my laptop(all kind of errors) until after a few days of beta 2 release when I finally fixed it(so I missed the hundreds of players being online).When it first worked,I was living the dream,played a skirmish match,then went multiplayer,graphics were on ultra,fps was a stable 10,but I didn't care,I just wanted to play,didn't even bother to check the settings,died 85 times in my first marathon match,barely got 3 kills,still was enjoying it,happiest 85 deaths I died in any game xD

I will like and play this game no matter how much it changes,whether I like these changes or not,until it dies,or I do.I met so many cool people thanks to this game,made a lot of memories,these are fond memories I will keep with with me forever.

Love you all,no exceptions  :D
 and sorry I strayed a little off topic ^_^

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Well I played Renegade back in like 2003-05, then again 2007 for a bit. Also a path beyond and Reborn. I remember reading something about Renegade 2007 being developed and saw some screenshots. Thought it looked badass. And then with it coming out on an engine, my computer couldn't run, I lost interest and moved on.

Then like 5 years later, I was just wondering what was going on in the world of Command and Conquer (big fan of the whole series), and eventually came across Renegade X and saw it was in development. I actually downloaded it damn near day 1, but my computer wasn't powerful enough to play and I didn't get the computer upgraded until around the release of Beta 2.

EDIT: Wow! I didn't realize A Path Beyond is still in development and just released an update this month. It's a shame they don't want to work on Renegade X instead...

Edited by roweboat
n/a
  • Like 1

I think I was checking out old games that I liked. I had a problem finding a new nice game so I was checking old ones. I started with checking out SOF2 (soldiers of fortune 2) and on a sudden I remembered that people made renegade reborn (think my thoughts where wrong because it is tiberium reborn). And because of that I thought of renegade and voila. Don't remember exactly how I founded renx but it was so unreal to think that there was a renegade remake with active players. 

Edited by Moat
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Ryz said:

And an article on tweakers.net saying the game was to be released... When I checked that it was just released

I still think that some one needs to check if that article can be removed or that there can be a new article. Lot of comments are not positive because of bugs and stuff. It still scares other people away, or it gives the impression that it will not be a succes later on. Now it is "later on" and lot of things changed 

• Totem Arts Staff

Believe somebody mentioned Renegade 2007 on A Path Beyond one day. Looked it up and made a forum account, but not much else. 

Downloaded the UT3 beta and actually quite liked it, though like none of my friends did so I didnt get to play it much. Uninstalled it, but kept up with it occasionally, then kept up ALOT that January before it released.  

Been with it since beta 1 release, save for some downtime around beta 3/4 

• Like 1