Renegade coffee gossip ;Open for small talk

Guest once upon the time

• Totem Arts Staff
13 minutes ago, Syntharn said:

I think you must be correct Moat, i logged in with my gmail account to download that C&C rival game (ragequitted before tutorial was over), i kept finding alot of relevant suggestions of things i had goggled or youtubed at home.

Google is watching us, scary.

Of course they are. If they can make you click more advertisements or lead to purchases, they end up getting more money from it. You're the product, and they're selling you and your information.

1 hour ago, BubbleTea said:

Of course they are. If they can make you click more advertisements or lead to purchases, they end up getting more money from it. You're the product, and they're selling you and your information.

We live in a society

ive never experienced it traveling between devices like that, my other emails has been postboxes and nothing else.
google is google i guess.

If this wasnt connected to my email i would consider it malware and delete.

Edited by Syntharn
theres an e in email

• Totem Arts Staff
18 hours ago, Akbaro said:

Was Renegade westwoods last game? Or am I mixing dates?

Edit: I think it is, Generals came out a month after westwood died. F.

I had to check myself. It was the last command and conquer game. Their last game, also released in 2002, was Earth & Beyond.

• 3 weeks later...

Why has this thread been dead for like 2 weeks? dont tell me you all ran out of rants because i know you didn't unless you suck.

As a warmup for christmas me, my father + spouse and younger sister all bought lottery tickets for "BingoLotto", the biggest swedish lottery there is on TV.
it sucked ass because 80% of it is just seniors drinking coffee and listening to crapy music while a bunch of "swedish TV stars" try to make their lives sound interesting, they aren't. Luckily dad had loaded up with booze so we survived even if we didn't win anything.
then i played super castlevania with my sister and got rekt on like level 3 because i suck.

Merry christmas, i love you guys.

Joe sounds really young in that game, he doesnt have that commanding presence in his voice, sounds more like a naive boy in his late teens.
still it does sound like Kane, a very friendly and nice Kane
If they were to make an action/RPG/civilization game telling Kanes whole backstory with him as the main protagonist i would be all over that.
Spreading the seeds of world domination over the course of 20000 something years, awwyessss fresh game idea.

I burned my hand today when tipping out the boiling water out of a saucepan filled with potatoes, feels like someone shaved my skin of with a razor.

Edited by Syntharn

2 hours ago, Syntharn said:

If they were to make an action/RPG/civilization game telling Kanes whole backstory with him as the main protagonist i would be all over that.
Spreading the seeds of world domination over the course of 20000 something years, awwyessss fresh game idea.

Interesting. Of course, if I played it, I would have to play at least once with making him do as horribly as possible as my main objective. Just to see if I can kill him. : )

2 hours ago, Syntharn said:

I burned my hand today when tipping out the boiling water out of a saucepan filled with potatoes, feels like someone shaved my skin of with a razor.

Ouch. I've never been burned badly over a very large area, but I did once get a piece of coal from my forge into my glove and burned a spot on my wrist. Although that doesn't compare with the kid my blacksmithing instructor told me about. He, for some unfathomable reason, stuck his hand into the fire (Probably 2000 degrees Farenheit, about 1100 degrees Celsius)! I cannot imagine what that felt like.

I hope the potatoes were good, at least.

HIHIHI

Yes I am Dutch, but today I had a more Spanish christmas 😃 typicall Dutch... Oi let me think. Maybe other Dutch people can help me. These days there are not many real typical traditions anymore everything is mixed with different recepies.

Some oldschool typical things are rollade (collared beef, collared porl, rolled roast), a ham, pork tenderloin.

And one really typical Dutch thing, maybe the most typicall Dutch christmass thing that most of the people do is gourmet. The whole family sits on the table and in the middle there are one or two electrical grills. The table is full of raw meat and vegatables and you cook them on that grill on the table. You can have one big grill or a grill with small pans when every one has there own mini pan. Basically a bbq but then inside the house, and yes the houses get full of smoke.

First images of google:

IMG_5546-720x450.jpg

Gourmet-gourmetten-780x520.jpg

Edited by Moat
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moat said:

These days there are not many real typical traditions anymore everything is mixed with different recepies.

Yeah, that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Moat said:

And one really typical Dutch thing, maybe the most typicall Dutch christmass thing that most of the people do is gourmet. The whole family sits on the table and in the middle there are one or two electrical grills. The table is full of raw meat and vegatables and you cook them on that grill on the table. You can have one big grill or a grill with small pans when every one has there own mini pan. Basically a bbq but then inside the house, and yes the houses get full of smoke.

That sounds really good! You can have good food and a fun time cooking it all at once! It seems like the Dutch enjoy having good times with their families.

Thanks, HIHIHI

What am I doing here? I don't drink coffee. : )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 4:42 AM, HIHIHI said:

I just saw this and thought it was pretty cool.

It's most likely been burning continuously since 1971.

You could also look up the Centralia Mine Fire. It's a coal seam in Pennsylvania that's been burning since at least 1962.

Other than going out I wonder what else would happen if you doused all them flames with water... Would eventually set on fire again after it dried out? Would it dry out due to elements below the surface? 

Curiouser and curiouser...

Hm... The mine fire would probably stay out IF you got it to cool down. I think.

The gas fire... I would just leave it alone, really. One: it's pretty cool. Two: if you put it out, you'd just have all that gas in the atmosphere, which might be unhealthy. And since some of it would probably stay concentrated in the pit, if there was ever a little spark, or a lightning storm, or anything like that, it would probably go BOOOOOM!

Interesting thoughts.

Guest once upon the time

In our News is some hugh areas in US has

Gefühlt -52 Grad  

Gefühlt is Feels like minus  52°C

Here is a short message from our Internet news: Sorry I must use google translate too:

Millionen Menschen im Mittleren Westen der USA müssen sich auf eine extreme Kältewelle mit Temperaturen von -34 Grad Celsius und darunter einstellen. Der Nationale Wetterdienst (NWS) warnt vor "lebensbedrohlichen arktischen Winden" und gefühlten Temperaturen bis zu -52 Grad Celsius.

Google translate:

Millions of people in the US Midwest face an extreme cold spell with temperatures of -34 degrees Celsius and below. The National Weather Service (NWS) warns of "life-threatening Arctic winds" and perceived temperatures down to -52 degrees Celsius.

Guest once upon the time

For me, that's crazy, I'm not going out on felt - 20 ° C (and could be real only -10 ° C).
Respect and I hope that it is over quickly.

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured an Off-Topic was good.

Just found out about RenX tonight. Instantly reminisced as a former Renegade player. Is this still relatively active? Man, what I'd give to play anything similar to Renegade again.

Also, for kicks, as I'm assuming most people here are former Renegade players - any of you from the Jelly-Server family? I used to play ages ago on the old Mini-AOW server under a myriad of nicknames, this being one of them.

I'd say it's still relatively active. Most days there are about 64 players on FPI (the most played-on server) around 9:00 GMT, I think. There are varying amounts at other times, but you can find 20-30 players pretty often.

I never played Renegade until a year or two ago, and I've only played online once. I found RenX while looking for Renegade mods. It's pretty fun!

HIHIHI

Yesterday the F.P.I was full at 8:00 GMT o.O so I played  on SNIPER-SERVER ... I've never played, is funny but I prefer the classic maps of RenX ... I want mine ....:DPS : here in Italy, MIlan has  max  -3 ° Celsius ... I don't know how people live  with  -20° C :/ Now here we have  -1° C at night .... 

BYE to all guys now I ronffff to bed:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest once upon the time

A little more specific gossip:
Our preparations for the event on Paradise are in full swing and a trailer has already been completed. The 2nd is still in the works and then we decide which one will be the official trailer and which one will appear in the music thread as an unofficial trailer.
I enjoy working with the people in the team together.
I would also like to thank all active "Paradise roommates".
You are fantastic.
Your
Silent Knight

• 3 months later...
Guest once upon the time

So first time game technically a summer break. Our little Team Paradise will not completely fall into the "summer sleep".🤔
The break is necessary to get more momentum for the next time. We will come back, is not a threat. 🤣

I hope to see you again after the summer break.

PS: I'm definitely not frustrated with Ren X 😎

• 1 month later...
Guest once upon the time

Time again for a casual gossip.
Here in Germany people moan about the high temperatures, my God it's summer !!
Yes, it is deliciously warm, but it would only be raining and cooler then they are also dissatisfied.
So no matter what, think possitiv and do not be annoyed.

Have a nice day.