Temple of Nod(autocad)

[B]Veyron

Because I wanted to.  This was meant only for me because I thought I would be the only person to enjoy it in game and nobody else would appreciate it.  I posted it, got good feedback and that was it.   Sorry it has to be this way.

Edited by [B]Veyron
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Veyron said:

This was meant only for me because I thought I would be the only person to enjoy it in game and nobody else would appreciate it. 

How do you mean this? Perhaps I misunderstood - you are scrapping it because you think other people would not like this to be in the game? 

Edited by limsup

On 26.6.2017 at 7:18 AM, limsup said:

How do you mean this? Perhaps I misunderstood - you are scrapping it because you think other people would not like this to be in the game? 

Read carefully to understand.

Like in the past where new maps where put ingame allways some people screamed: this map is shit, who is that retard that made this map?, and some other stuff, its understandable that he think people would not appreciate it.

5 minutes ago, Luhrian said:

In my opinion the main problem of this tempel is the size. It is just undefendable. But myabe you can upload the mesh, so we could use it as background decoration.

What a fine Death-Match setting it would make... ^_^

I've always been particularly fond of the TD-era Temple's design and was excited about this project. I was eager to see your continuing progress, but at the end of the day, it's your decision whether or not you'd like to share it with us. Even if you just wanted to treat it as a personal art project rather than something to be publicly released, I would've been happy with that. (Not that it matters what I think!) 

It can stand alone as the most solid reproduction of the Temple of Nod to-date and that's a big accomplishment. Huge props for that, Veyron! :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys.  I'm gonna leave this here - how to get this object into UDK? Import it when you're in UDK with the import button.  This is the version I have atm.  Also I'll have to redo this in Maya as there was a SHIT TON of unused verts,edges,faces I had to delete.  Went from 27k verts down to 16k? so ya don't use autocad for your modeling ;)

I am also aware that there is a bit of error near the windows.  I accidently deleted some faces for the window frames.  I will fix it at a later date due to other things.  I  apologize.  

Also this Model is mainly for background/foreground décor as the strategies haven't been planned out too much actually little to no planning at all but do let me know what you think.  

Uploaded UDK package for easier import

TempleX-Exterior.fbx

TempleX.upk

Edited by [B]Veyron
Uploaded UDK package for easier import!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry I am in a rush atm.  But I wanted to provide you with my first design which was made in AutoCAD and textured in maya.  No collision I'll upload pictures later.  Again I have to model in Maya in which I have a lot to learn shall I take on anything else.  Thanks again! 

• [B]Veyron changed the title to Temple of Nod(autocad)