Patch 5004 (very)Preliminary change list

yosh56

• Totem Arts Staff

Well that took a good second. Almost stopped... but eventually kept working on it. As for an ETA .... don't ask.

5004 Changelist:

Features:

+Added player vote to ban a player from using proximity mines.

+Added RCON command to ban a player from using proximity mines

+Added Day/Night versions of Field, Mesa_II, and Canyon.

UI:

+Added Mine counter to cross-hair when Proximity mines are selected

Building armour now displays in the scoreboard/pause menu scoreboard as a light blue bar that is drawn over the building's health. --

Icons at the bottom of the screen now use building armour(when it is enabled) to determine whether the icon is to be red or not. They turn red whenever armor is depleted, meaning the building is susceptible to permanent damage.

--

Building/Armour bar for building armour changed on target box

Beacon deployment and Building destruction messages now display mid/upper screen (ala commander mod)

Surrender vote now uses Havoc/Sakura taunts instead of giving a Mission Accomplished/Failed message.

Bug Fixes:

-Fixed a bug where being on a team that last their vehicle building, having an airdrop ready, then switching teams would make your first vehicle purchase on the other team cost double.

-Fixed bug where pressing a number on the Vehicle menu would kick you out of it whether or not you could actually purchase the vehicle

+Fixed Purchase system's flash class not allowing you to buy things if you had exact credits.

-EMP Grenades should now work more reliably and not randomly stop disarming.

-Turrets no longer fire at passengers in air vehicles

-Air-Drops now update correctly for players that just joined.

-Fixed an accessed none from the PT_Pawn every time the PT was opened.

-Building repair/defend messages now work correctly with building armour --

-Editted ChangetoSBH() in RX_Controller -- May fix the SBH spectator glitch, but not a guarentee.

Balance:

Added points for building destruction: 1875, with half going to the player, half just to the team score.

Points for repairing/attacking buildings reduced about 1/3rd

+All maps have gone back to having static mine limits.

+Airdrops now only allow Buggies/Humvees and APCs

Fixed TS Recon Bike and HMRLS being WTF...bewm vs. aircraft. No more killing off Apaches and Orcas in like a second

TibSun Buggy damage vs. heavy armour further reduced. Light armour damage slightly reduced more.

EMP Grenade arm time reduced from 6 to 3 seconds.

EMP Grenades now do a 25% burst damage vs. mines, then do damage over time. Damage over time does not stack, but now multiple EMP grenades will disarm faster.

Updated Scoreboard and Pause screen Flash files for Building armor.

Misc:

Surrender Vote is unavailable till 15 minutes in.

Added a specific timer for Change/Restart/Surrender votes. They are 5x longer than the normal timer, just for the sake of preventing spamming.

+Surrender vote now taunts instead of giving a Mission Accomplished/Failed message. It also is less "And the we were done"

+Gave the GDI APC, Buggy, Humvee and Stealth Tank some of their gravity back

+Infantry you can not buy when the HON/Bar are down are now not visible in the character menu

+Aircraft are no longer drawn in the purchase menu when it is a non-flying map.

Progress bars for planting beacons/airstrikes have been redone in flash, and are now different colours by team.

Added TeamInfo RCON command

Some minor corrections to GameInfo/ServerInfo RCON commands

Corrected some RCON command help messages.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice nice nice, especially the EMP thing. Can you tell anything about the maps? I know Eyes and Thommy's map (can't come up with the name) will be updated, but I hope we can expect some more maps. Maybe Henk is finishing one of his maps, on the otherhand Hourglass (with less rain, plz!), Crashsite and Kenz Beachhead map are a good candidate. Or am I forgetting maps?

These are some solid changes. Looking forward to the new release although let's be real, it's probably okay that it's not coming out in the immediate future as we have more pressing issues on our hands.

True RypeL still owes me some tacos.

Also we going to include more custom maps (Update the current custom maps also) in this next update? More maps the better i say!

With the new armor changes would be happy to try it again. Can you add an option to enable building armor after x minutes? Was thinking after 30mins if the map hasnt ended then could enable building armor.

Regards

...Also we going to include more custom maps (Update the current custom maps also) in this next update? More maps the better i say!.....Regards

I Have to say that I really disagree with this .

There are some custom maps that shouldnt be in the rotation .

There should be a strict policy for custom map Stamped RX approuved !

its Server owner that decide wich one they want in their rotation I guest.

But take into consideration if there is few CMap that are not popular or disliked it will hurt the players online resulting they will leave and wait better map vote .

And when you see the server with only 10 players ..you turn on STEAM and play something else ..just saying

• Totem Arts Staff
...Also we going to include more custom maps (Update the current custom maps also) in this next update? More maps the better i say!.....Regards

I Have to say that I really disagree with this .

There are some custom maps that shouldnt be in the rotation .

There should be a strict policy for custom map Stamped RX approuved !

its Server owner that decide wich one they want in their rotation I guest.

But take into consideration if there is few CMap that are not popular or disliked it will hurt the players online resulting they will leave and wait better map vote .

And when you see the server with only 10 players ..you turn on STEAM and play something else ..just saying

I don't think you need a custom map to make people leave the server. Bad logic, brah.

Already told Henk I'll probably toss in Snow, since it's simple and solid, even if I hate that map with a passion (like hated it in Old Ren).

Also...Eyes and TrainingYard were both pretty solid.. Training Yard just got a bad rap because I put the wrong version in... which I probably should have patched a long time ago but forgot it was a thing.

• Totem Arts Staff

Speaking of Snow and all the infantry only maps

Those Silos need more income rate. If one cannot tweak the income, then just let the game detect absence of refinery and boost up the income rate

And for the love of God, fix that 0-creds-can't-buy-free-infantry bug

PS : Any chance for Coastal Small? :P

I don't know why people want their custom maps so badly in the game. I know it's awesome if one of your maps gets into the game, but ehhh most of them are completely shit. Sorry to say that. All i see from the maps are defenses everywhere or the bigger the map the better or just a flat map without any features.

The maps we have now (eyes and trainingyard) are the most normal ones i've seen. Eyes just need a bit more smaller and Training yard a bit bigger (because you can easily b2b). Don't know how the newer version is. We'll see.

Just make a simple map with a good gameplay in it and people will love it. It doesn't need 1000 random features or defenses, it doesn't need to be a giant map, ect.

Like i said just make a simple map (something like islands or complex as example). If your map is really good like that, it will get into the rotation soon enough. If it doesn't, then you really need to start thinking why your map isn't in the rotation.

I don't know why people want their custom maps so badly in the game. I know it's awesome if one of your maps gets into the game, but ehhh most of them are completely shit. Sorry to say that. All i see from the maps are defenses everywhere or the bigger the map the better or just a flat map without any features.

The maps we have now (eyes and trainingyard) are the most normal ones i've seen. Eyes just need a bit more smaller and Training yard a bit bigger (because you can easily b2b). Don't know how the newer version is. We'll see.

Just make a simple map with a good gameplay in it and people will love it. It doesn't need 1000 random features or defenses, it doesn't need to be a giant map, ect.

Like i said just make a simple map (something like islands or complex as example). If your map is really good like that, it will get into the rotation soon enough. If it doesn't, then you really need to start thinking why your map isn't in the rotation.

While this may be a bit harsh, I agree with the overall message. Sometimes less is more. Walls is the most played map and it's so simple.

Maps should be made with a form follows function mentality.

What he said.

I've reported this bug since Beta 2 and it has still yet to be fixed. I bet it's a simple boolean expression that needs to be changed because even when you have the exact credits for a character, you can't buy it.

@Minji: It's up to the server owners if they want to keep their maps in rotation, if it's unpopular they can remove it.

This way those maps at least get a chance to be played with a decent amount of people.

I also want to add that Snow doesn't have automated defenses, isn't big or flat and has the structure in the middle as a "feature". If it turns out to suck I can either make changes according to feedback or it can be removed from the game in the patch after this one.

@Minji: It's up to the server owners if they want to keep their maps in rotation, if it's unpopular they can remove it.

This way those maps at least get a chance to be played with a decent amount of people.

Do you really think that? Mesa never gets played and isn't even out of the rotation. Still, custom maps doesn't get in right away when it's made. It still needs to be tested if it's good to play. If we really just put in custom maps right away and see if they are popular or not while they suck, that's just wrong right there and no, it's not up to the server owners. That's just retarded.

Just need to have a group of testers that will test the map like the beta testers did for beta 4.

Every weekend on saturday or sunday at the right time, so both EU and NA players don't have any issues when it take place. They report bugs and glitches ect. Give feedback and say if the map is good enough to get in the official rotation or not. (and please use people that know how gameplay works)

• Totem Arts Staff

I'm actually with the Minji, which is why I kind of just ignore most requests for maps to be added. TrainingYard is pretty simple, and the game lacked a map that was just small constant fighting. Personally I don't agree with some of the things the final version did (aside from not look like... THAT) but I guess I'm sort of stuck with it.

Snow is getting added because it -is- simple. It's also a custom from OldRen that (for some reason) people liked even though it was a hell of a stalemate map, even with no defenses.

What he said.

I've reported this bug since Beta 2 and it has still yet to be fixed. I bet it's a simple boolean expression that needs to be changed because even when you have the exact credits for a character, you can't buy it.

Knew about it since beta 1. The purchase system also isn't the easiest thing to parse through. If it was out in the open it'd be fixed already. I also completely forgot about it till Valley came out.

Do you really think that? Mesa never gets played and isn't even out of the rotation. Still, custom maps doesn't get in right away when it's made. It still needs to be tested if it's good to play. If we really just put in custom maps right away and see if they are popular or not while they suck, that's just wrong right there and no, it's not up to the server owners. That's just retarded.

Just need to have a group of testers that will test the map like the beta testers did for beta 4.

Every weekend on saturday or sunday at the right time, so both EU and NA players don't have any issues when it take place. They report bugs and glitches ect. Give feedback and say if the map is good enough to get in the official rotation or not. (and please use people that know how gameplay works)

^^ This:)

Hmm maybe not all the new maps are good enough, but I think new maps draw in players cause they want to see them. If we have to rely on servers and people installing them themselves I think we never see some of those in action. If Crashssite gets released it just has to be pushed to the people if you ask me.

Hmm maybe not all the new maps are good enough, but I think new maps draw in players cause they want to see them. If we have to rely on servers and people installing them themselves I think we never see some of those in action. If Crashssite gets released it just has to be pushed to the people if you ask me.

Ehh.. no. We just need a group of dedicated testers that know how the game works and knows how the gameplay should be. Pushing maps in peoples faces is not going to help. Not for the players nor the guy who made the map.

To draw in players with new maps that aren't even tested and have tons of bugs and gamebreaking stuff is just bad. It's like smacking them into a wall. It's better to balance the characters/vehicles and maps that we have now, so we get a good gameplay and game balance. That's all what the people want.

Agree Minji, but I am talking about maps which ARE tested and proven well (enough). We're not gonna push unfinished and unbalanced maps ofc. (not that I am doing anything in this progress btw :P )

So i agree with you partly, as I do with RypeL. I think he knows what's needed to stay motivated :)

We need to find a serious way to Test maps with some dedicated testers ..I agree with that.

I'm working on one and it might take me a long time before it's done i'm neewbie .

But i want before I'll start texturing and stuff to be tested for the game play so I won't work for nothing if its no good .

First gameplay then I'll finish it if Testers say ..Good to go on ! :) Then second test for Final product

I can be part of a team testers but I'm might not be super good to see everything that pro players know

Addding maps to the builds encourages the mappers to keep working on them. If we only add a map once its perfect we really wouldnt get much custom maps that get done i think.

I don't really mean that it needs to be perfect, because that's just too much haha.

It's just that the map needs to be playable, have no bugs/glitches (well a few doesn't really matter as long as it isn't game breaking) and it has to be fun for the players (otherwise we have a second mesa map that never gets played lol). Some custom maps are ehh..

Agree Minji, but I am talking about maps which ARE tested and proven well (enough). We're not gonna push unfinished and unbalanced maps ofc. (not that I am doing anything in this progress btw :P )

So i agree with you partly, as I do with RypeL. I think he knows what's needed to stay motivated :)

Well it's also up to the devs if they are good enough hah.

Super-Kh":1o95z6lz]but they cannot know bugs and imbalances........etc without testers would they ? so how are they going to know ?

we tried hosting a custom map test night,we had 8 people at MAX

That's why (like i said in a few other posts zzz) we need a group with dedicated testers who are willing to test them (not people that just show up once in 4 weeks like they did in b4 zz).

• Totem Arts Staff

I know asking more custom maps to be included are a bit asking for too much. However, there's that one time B0ng happened to say on our shoutbox (not exact quote) when I hosted custom maps on the TmX Special Server, that he'd prefer for the custom maps to get released along with the updates so as to not divide the communities even further

And yea, part of why I don't update my old maps yet are because we never get to test them properly, to see if it fits well with the intended (and unintended) number of players, mostly because of the same reason why some people ask 'What is PUG?' or why they keep crying 'Why is this changed?' : They don't visit forums often

Of course, I don't expect too many custom maps to get released along with the game, much less Coastal anyways. But I'd be happy if we can get some dedicated tester, and probably at one exact time, like how PUG works. 8 players + bots can never simulate the real game

+Added player vote to ban a player from using proximity mines.

What's the shortkey, gonna print this and put it on my wall :)

Ctrl+V+8

Get good with it, cuz mines are going back to static values.

I really waited for that, in my opinion this is the right way to solve the mine problem. Good work!

• Totem Arts Staff
Yosh just to make sure. Do you do the building destroyed prompt on Flash or Canvas (built in the script)? Can the prompt also be adjusted per screen resolution? I find you Commander Mode prompts a bit too large on my screen

Canvas for now, though I might get Roxez to toss it into Flash. I already have the Canvas version scale text by resolution anyway.

+Added Mine counter to cross-hair when Proximity mines are selected