Crate vehicle binds

Mystic~

In yesterdays Field-X PUG I was chasing down a technician with whatever character I had as GDI player and he ran into a crate, it immediately spawned a mammoth tank, but I don't think he expected this and he backed away from the vehicle for some odd reason. I was able to use this opportunity to close the distance and effectively take his pristine new tank from under his nose. I used it to clear what was left of the Nod tank line holding the bridge before LCGs eventually destroyed it, it was a major advantage that could have swung the game.

It was hilarious from my point of view, but the other player might have felt a bit cheated. So my moral conscience is saying, should tanks that are spawned by a vehicle crate be immediately bound to that player or players on that team similar to when it comes out of a factory or off the strip so that an enemy player can't immediately take it? He was first to the crate, but failed to claim his prize quickly enough.

Edited by Mystic~
  • Like 1

If I made the effort to reach or pick up a crate and then someone else was immediately able to take it, I'd feel cheated as hell. I thin it should be bound to the team at the very least, sometimes I've spawned crate vehicles without actually wanting or needing one and not having the intention of taking it, but would still like to leave it open for a team member to take.

First come first served is fair for both the crate and whatever potential vehicle might pop out of it IMO.
If a player isn't ready for it then that's just poor reaction time, a contested crate is a contested crate regardless of instant gratification or not.

Crates are random, if the result doesn't fall in your favor then that's not something that's unfair, it swings both ways.

Btw, does anyone know if its possible for a crate vehicle to spawn ontop of another player and telefrag/crush him/her?
Would be hilarious.

Edited by Syntharn
bhlargg

On 8/2/2020 at 4:20 PM, Mystic~ said:

In yesterdays Field-X PUG I was chasing down a technician with whatever character I had as GDI player and he ran into a crate, it immediately spawned a mammoth tank, but I don't think he expected this and he backed away from the vehicle for some odd reason. I was able to use this opportunity to close the distance and effectively take his pristine new tank from under his nose. I used it to clear what was left of the Nod tank line holding the bridge before LCGs eventually destroyed it, it was a major advantage that could have swung the game.

It was hilarious from my point of view, but the other player might have felt a bit cheated. So my moral conscience is saying, should tanks that are spawned by a vehicle crate be immediately bound to that player or players on that team similar to when it comes out of a factory or off the strip so that an enemy player can't immediately take it? He was first to the crate, but failed to claim his prize quickly enough.

No, Jesus Christ, no. You steal that tank, you take that win, goddamnit :D
It is a good way to learn, that player will probably be more aware next time. That's how everyone learns, I think. 

• Haha 2