ANY change to mines/ info for noobs??

*cough cough*

This was my idea back in 2016...

Also there was a poll https://renegade-x.com/forums/topic/75038-mining/

Nothing has changed.

On 15. 1. 2016 at 9:50 PM, Axesor said:

All things that needs to be done:

1. Mines can be damaged by any direct hits only now.

2. Replace team mine limit with player mine limit

3. 1 laser damage = current damage of 1 mine. After 1 laser is used, it recharges for XX second (15 or so), cant be repaired to speed it up

4. Control panel (scanner on the picture next to the door) can be hacked to turn the lasers off, or repaired to turn the lasers on. Also can be disabled with EMP, that will turn the lasers off for XX seconds.

5. 2 lasers in each of the windows (HON) with no control panel

Intuitive, noob friendly - awesome replacement for current mines use. Flawless.

This.jpg.5c5602ef03a68f1f9ed39c3adc4b502d.jpg

Edited by Axesor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ☢☢☢☢ said:

cant anyone do this though? I doubt you'd need a 3d modeling program for these ideas just some motivation to get started amirite? 

Henk was working on it if I remember correctly. He did make some progress but I guess it was not accepted by the rest of the devs.

• Sad 1

that's a dev though.. one should be able to come up with said concept and then give it away once finished to potential mappers who may use this idea in their maps.  

can't anyone be a dev in their hearts and minds?  look at the stuff I did... do you think any of that will be accepted by the dev community? hell no! but I fight for the people.. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Axesor said:

*cough cough*

This was my idea back in 2016...

Also there was a poll https://renegade-x.com/forums/topic/75038-mining/

Nothing has changed.

It's the best system, plus it keeps to the command and conquer RTS gameplay kind of, whereby only engineers usually can enter and capture buildings. With RenX, whoever has repair guns becomes an engineer of sort. Westwood may have incorporated this themselves given more time.

• Like 2

On 14/04/2018 at 10:17 AM, DarkSn4ke said:

apparently there are no plans for a Glacier remake :$ :(

@TheDeadlyWolf was working on Glacier for RenX though. think it's cancelled or abandonned atm

It was a planned project, as I owed the original Glacier Flying Model, however I passed the file onto @Sarah! as requested 

Has anyone got any further with scripting the pedestal? 

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

To be honest I rather keep mines, because:
- you can place more mines at one place when a building is gone
- mines brings in a certain chance to infiltrate the HON / Strip for GDI if not properly mined (or if ppl dont carefully watch)

But yeah the games where there are two 'AP mines' in front of the base and non in buildings kinda suck. Only past week I spent several games just replacing mines or searching for who overmined. By the time we fixed that we found at 'Building A' had no mines, only to find it infiltrated (and killed).

• Totem Arts Staff

I started working on it, but lost interest. Too many custom assets needed for it.

On 4/14/2018 at 5:09 PM, TheDeadlyWolf said:

It was a planned project, as I owed the original Glacier Flying Model, however I passed the file onto @Sarah! as requested 

Has anyone got any further with scripting the pedestal? 

On 4/12/2018 at 8:25 PM, Gliven said:

There also needs to be some sort of way to demonstrate to players why you cant place mines there. Other than the text saying (unable to plant here) when attempting. That can be very frustrating to new and veteran players alike.

Common sense says that if you don't plant mines in a bottleneck then you're a moron.

No amount of friendly reminders or indications will help with this. 

A general indication of where mines typically go and something to inform players that Techs/Hottys mines are for the whole team and not just for that player, should probably be made clearer via the game itself than some pub-reg spewing toxic language obnoxiously creating a foul piece of shit representation for RenX and the community.