5.3 Feedback/Bug Reports

boxes

BUG:

Tested this a few times. On Eyes, if you try flying above the Obelisk (as GDI) and it targets/tries firing at you, the game crashes.

Edit: It should be noted I tested this with Orca, Apache, GDI Transport, while on GDI all lead to crashes. I also tried being on Nod and just flying around the Obelisk while it fired at bots, couldn't seem to get it to crash then.

Edit2: I just tried this on Field_X just to test if it's related to Obelisk in general or was map specific. First I simply tried enabling fly and floating around the Obelisk as a patch, couldn't cause it to crash. Then I spawned in an Orca and once again was able to cause the game to crash by flying near and above the Obelisk. Attached is my log for the test on Field_X

Also, I don't know if this is known already and/or is even in other maps, but I was able to walk up on the air along the side of the bar ramp.

Bar_ramp.png

Launch (Field_X Test).log

@Redarmy - Can you try this on the PUG Server, I will load this map up for you. If it crashes the server, it would be good to know.

Edit: Redarmy has provided log files from his client from NetPlay and Skirmish.

I will grab the server logs when I get home

Launch.log

Launch-backup-2018.02.07-11.22.27.log

Not sure if this was in other versions also:

Tonight we played on CT and a map vote got overlooked by most of our team. We (GDI) had 10k of score, Nod had 1K of score. The vote end showed Nod won... Clearly a bug, not sure if related to this patch or that it was here before...

3 minutes ago, Ryz said:

Tonight we played on CT and a map vote got overlooked by most of our team. We (GDI) had 10k of score, Nod had 1K of score. The vote end showed Nod won... Clearly a bug, not sure if related to this patch or that it was here before...

It counts as a draw for everyone regardless of the score. Was always like that

19 hours ago, Ryz said:

Votes should have a noticable ticking coundown when there is 10 seconds left so people would notice retarded votes like these

8 minutes ago, Ryz said:

Then why did it display that Nod won? And why was there a sound we got defeated?

Both teams get the "Mission failed" notification as both teams failed to defeat the other team. The "Nod wins" is probably some default setting which should be changed to "DRAW" (or whatever).

• Totem Arts Staff
8 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

So where in the map changes did I overlook "Comm C. now displays all units on the overview map" <--- I thought Comm C. was only meant to display units on the minimap radar and not the overview map?

Does it? It shouldn't. Nothing there changed. 

12 minutes ago, yosh56 said:

Does it? It shouldn't. Nothing there changed. 

Either AGN has a really game-breaking mutator or summin' dunn messed up, will double-check on CT server

If it has to be hotfixed be sure to include CNC-Toxicity btw ;) 

@yosh56 Just a mutator. false alarm. 

Edited by Madkill40
Edit: JUST A MUTATOR

Maybe update the general list?

Commander EMP (and maybe other functions) sometimes do not work. Error is something like 'can only be deployed on flat terrain' or that the terrain isn't flat enough (will look it up next time). 

When Commander EMP is deployed it sometimes explodes mid air... Should explode on impact of ground (or building) I suppose?

4 hours ago, Ryz said:

Yeah but this one wasn't shot... I've had it multiple times, also when trying Skirmish. But thx for your reaction.

Next time, either record it, or write down where it happend. Could just be map specific. 

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, Xeno1987 said:

BUG

MiniMap on the left side is flickering and dont Show anything when Standing.

You can fix it by yourself. You need to change something in your settings. I don't know what exactly but there is probably a topic about this on the forums

Edited by TK0104

On 14-2-2018 at 6:09 PM, Gliven said:

Next time, either record it, or write down where it happend. Could just be map specific. 

I usually do, but it happened all random. Next time if I know how to reproduce I will...

• closing the Launcher doesn't work properly (sometimes) - you have to terminate it via task manager @AlienXAXS

4UMcQi9wRLOIq84ylG1qZA.png

• changes to projectile lifespan modifiers seem to have a bad side effect to hitbox / target focusing. while you're able to focus on a certain target you might still be out of range (probably displaying 15% increased projectile lifespan once you get Veteran though you just get 5% increased lifespan) @yosh56

Suggestions:

• CP should be displayed for everyone
  • Sunrise: GDI GT should be moved slightly towards the shoreline, vehicle path should be less gloomy
  • Cliffside: sneaking possibilites should be drastically reduced, map design foces both teams to constantly camp certain spots to avoid losing a building

• Totem Arts Staff
4 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

Suggestions:

Sunrise: GDI GT should be moved slightly towards the shoreline, vehicle path should be less gloomy

Both have already been done (did them like 2 days after 5.31 or whatever), have yet to build light though.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sarah! said:

Both have already been done (did them like 2 days after 5.31 or whatever), have yet to build light though.

When you do, pass the latest version to me and I'll make you a nice minimap 

In-addition, @yosh56 @Ruud033 @WHOEVERWAHTWHYWHENDEVS... Please review Toxicity as it is as ready as a map can be (this time) to go into game.

Whoever it is that reviews maps before giving the "yeah its all right to go in" order thingy

does it

Edited by Madkill40

• Totem Arts Staff
48 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

When you do, pass the latest version to me and I'll make you a nice minimap 

In-addition, @yosh56 @Ruud033 @WHOEVERWAHTWHYWHENDEVS... Please review Toxicity as it is as ready as a map can be (this time) to go into game.

Whoever it is that reviews maps before giving the "yeah its all right to go in" order thingy

does it

I've actually never played before yet. I'll test it out today and give you some feedback if needed. Again, I'm still "How-Is-He-Still-Not-A-Dev" so I can't make a big difference in a chance to add it in the actual game.

@boxes can give also some good feedback. He did it on Outposts too and he predicted the Stank problem so his feedback can be good

hello, i will wait the next version 5.34, why?

because the last version 5.331

I did not install it since the installation is automatically canceled because of a potentially dangerous virus

detection (2x + restart recommended) and it's not the first time I'm waiting for the next release because of a virus

dectection

Updated today on two different computers and had no issues. Posting this cause I heard others had, but just to mention I didn't. Assume it's just a false positive on @jetalpha's installation and that others had connection problems, but please double check this to be sure.

ok something is very strange and 1 can me explain this?

once  disabled all the anti-virus,

i found that is was ( maybe ???????) the renegade itself that canceled ( while i thought is was my antirus that refused but no), here is what is write

Renagade x Update

Renagade x could not be updated. the following exeption occured :

unable to complete the operation because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software

this time i dont have the choice to wait for a new update, since its (maybe )the game itself that poses a problem

its a shame, when i think this weekend , my friend and i had planned to play like crazy

(3 of my  friends have the same problem )

thank you for saying that it could be my anti-virus that said false report ant that i tried without succes
now i cant do anything except wait

good day, good game and good week end
Edited by jetalpha

• Totem Arts Staff

So the launcher in that topic is the latest.

If you DELETE AND overwrite the Launcher folder in Program Files x86\Renegade X then paste that launcher folder in its place, then you'll have an updated launcher. See if that also throws the error. It's also a better launcher overall. 

no cant play

first i delete the version 0.76 and overwrite the new laucher 0.81 , cant install ( the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software + restart computer recommanded)

second option, i have unistall the game 100%,  i download the game completely 1x again,

in renegade x installation :

validating 100%

downloading  100%

applying 0% ( the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software + restart computer recommanded)

sorry i must wait of other version, or go back in version 5.32 ( i dont know how to do it )

i unistalled the game completely

this is the second time i had the same type of problem , ~ 1 year ago, except that at time , i had to wait 3 months before i can play the game

(my other friend have unistall and install the game again, same problem)

Edited by jetalpha

only internet security swisscom and windows defender

for more information accuracy

the laucher error message is this

Renagade x could not be updated. the following exeption occured :

unable to complete the operation because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software

and the restart recommanded its my anti-virus that say me(  he blocked an unwanted file )

Edited by jetalpha

I'm not able to play much anymore because my internet connection has such high latency. But I have a couple of thoughts on the recent patches that I haven't seen addressed yet.

There's a lot that I like about this patch, but I'm only going to address bugs/negatives in this post - To the devs, please don't construe this type of criticism as negative. As I'm sure many of you know by now after being in the development game for a while, the things we love don't get addressed much on the forums because we're happy with them and consider them put to bed, while concerns and criticism are mentioned far more often.

• Q-Spotting #1: Seems you can't Q-Spot after death anymore. I really miss this. The only difference in gameplay it makes is it now forces me to teamchat and actually type out my report. I get that it may be a reward for the victor of a firefight, but it doesn't change much since I'm now going to just type it anyway, it's just an inconvenience for me. If anything, it would be nice if we could still Q-spot buildings and such after death, even if we can't Q-spot enemies.

• Q-Spotting #2: This one's more of a feature request. Can we please add Q-Spotting to destroyable barriers? "Defend the barrier" when it's the one adjacent to your base or "Destroy the barrier" when it's the enemy one.

• The launcher is not quitting properly for me anymore. I'll close the launcher, only to come back hours later and be told "another instance is already running" when I try to open RenX. I then have to find the ghost launcher process in task manager and kill it. Perhaps the launcher was never quitting properly, but the error message when opening multiple instances is new which now calls attention to it. 

• Not a fan of the new base defenses on Gobi. This takes away any ability to infantry-sneak. If you lose wf/air, it's over for you: there's now no way to kill the towers. Gobi is a small map for quick matches, defenses make Gobi matches unbearably long.

• C&C_Sunrise: I feel like it's overly weighed in GDI's favor. Obviously some maps are going to favor one side or the other, but Nod might have it a little too hard. Maybe one or two less GT's in the GDI base would help, or a reduction in the damage each GT can take before being destroyed. Once GDI gets tanks in the field, it's game over for Nod. Other than that, this map is solid and one of my new favorites.

• Has something changed in this patch that might explain my Syd/Rav aim getting statistically worse? This one might just be me sucking and/or my internet connection.

• My FPS has seen a significant boost lately (5-10fps). Not sure if the game is getting more efficient, or it might also be because I finally installed the Win10 Fall Creator's Update which I'm sure changed a few things under-the-hood. Maybe both.

All-in-all this has been a great update. Thank you to the devs, mappers, and everyone else for your hard work! I know you can't accept donations, but come out to LA and I'll be happy to buy you a beer or 7. 😁

Didn't test it yet but do CP points get reset after a new commander is voted in? If so, you could use your starting CP to call a cruise missile, vote another commander in and he calls the next cruise missile and so on. 

CP points should be fixed to prevent this exploit (if it is actually possible).

Edited by Mechanic

• Totem Arts Staff
41 minutes ago, Mechanic said:

Didn't test it yet but do CP points get reset after a new commander is voted in? If so, you could use your starting CP to call a cruise missile, vote another commander in and he calls the next cruise missile and so on. 

CP points should be fixed to prevent this exploit (if it is actually possible).

They shouldn't be tied together in any way to my knowledge. 

i can play this time

I disabled the anti-virus, installed the game,

it works this time,with the laucher 0.81 ,( with the 0.78 cant install at first )

re-activate my anti-virus,

restarting the computer, full control of my computer with my anti-virus

but control the file and delete + change thanks 

, my anti-virus have found dangerous elements detected

the file is : """   Rx_TCPLink.dll   """"

windows  C:  --> program file -->renegadex --> binairies --> win 32 or/and 64 --> usercode

i tested with 2 computer the A) and B)

A)   full check, found the file, i cleaned it , and i have restart 3x the full check anti-virus (no found the dangerous elements)

and C: ---> ........-->  win 64---> unsercode   and i have the file Rx_TCPLink.dll  and in win 32 , i dont have it (delete automatically)

B) full check, found the file, i cleaned it , and i restart 3x the full check "BUT" he found the dangerous elements every check with my anti-virus , i go in C : ---> ........-->  win 64---> unsercode,  i have the file Rx_TCPLink.dll  , i go in win 32 "AND" i have "IT" , so i delete the file manually, next restart computer,  full check with my anti-virus (no found the dangerous elements)

so the corrupted file   ( Rx_TCPLink.dll )   is in the " C: --> ....--> win 32 --> usercode,

to be sure, check the file in win 64 too ^_^

i go play now , byby all

Edited by jetalpha

1 hour ago, jetalpha said:

i can play this time

I disabled the anti-virus, installed the game,

it works this time,with the laucher 0.81 ,( with the 0.78 cant install at first )

re-activate my anti-virus,

restarting the computer, full control of my computer with my anti-virus

but control the file and delete + change thanks 

, my anti-virus have found dangerous elements detected

the file is : """   Rx_TCPLink.dll   """"

windows  C:  --> program file -->renegadex --> binairies --> win 32 or/and 64 --> usercode

i tested with 2 computer the A) and B)

A)   full check, found the file, i cleaned it , and i have restart 3x the full check anti-virus (no found the dangerous elements)

and C: ---> ........-->  win 64---> unsercode   and i have the file Rx_TCPLink.dll  and in win 32 , i dont have it (delete automatically)

B) full check, found the file, i cleaned it , and i restart 3x the full check "BUT" he found the dangerous elements every check with my anti-virus , i go in C : ---> ........-->  win 64---> unsercode,  i have the file Rx_TCPLink.dll  , i go in win 32 "AND" i have "IT" , so i delete the file manually, next restart computer,  full check with my anti-virus (no found the dangerous elements)

so the corrupted file   ( Rx_TCPLink.dll )   is in the " C: --> ....--> win 32 --> usercode,

to be sure, check the file in win 64 too ^_^

i go play now , byby all

Could someone please clarify that that this is a snakeoil issue but not a security issue/virus. I guess we don't want people to delete gamefiles because of some antivirus/snakeoil bullshit alert. 

Antivirus software is a threat for your system, don't use it. There have been many examples where broken AV software was used to infiltrate systems. It doesn't help, you are not "safer", all it does is opening new attack vectors. It gives you a feeling of security which is very dangerous. People tend to open malicious email attachements or download weird suspicious files bc "the AV will guard them" while they don't if they don't use bullshit AV software. 

I would state the exact same if this file was actually malicious and the alert legit. The web and any file is a risk but using AV software is not a solution at all. Even Microsoft, one of the biggest software companies with a huge amount of really talented programmers was not able to make their WindowsDefender secure. 

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1252&desc=5

Think of this if you think that trusting one of those shady snakeoil companies is a good idea. It isn't. 

• Totem Arts Staff

It appears that the "UDKFrontEnd.udk_loading.bik" movie has become the Field loading screen since 5.331. Don't know that's for everyone....

I fixed it by just copy pasting the right one into the movies folder

Is defensive buff (that's yellow for GDI?) broken...?

Just on Snow a group of patches stormed in... 3 arties shot them repeatedly and they got NO damage at all... 

Edit: experience the same. Humvee got hit by half Nod, zero damage.
Edit2: heard it's a known issues and probaly fixed soon.

Edited by Ryz

• NodSaibot locked and unpinned this topic