Ideas for crates

NodSaibot

2 hours ago, Gliven said:

that is why i suggested it, and yeah i can see it causing too many problems :(

i was also tempted to suggest a jump boost crate. Maybe connecting it in some way to the jumpjet infantry from tiberian sun
(the second shittiest C&C unit ever, Limpet drone being #1)

If players would use it to plant beacons in unreachable places that would be a problem indeed.
If players jump outside the map and falls into the void, not such a big problem, assuming thats what happens.
never managed to breach the map boundaries in this game, curious whether or not it has an invisible floor under the map.

those civilian vehicles and the cargo truck xD love it.
more semi useless stuff in crates pls hahaha.

Edited by Syntharn

• Totem Arts Staff
4 hours ago, CoreDefender said:

Yes, that's what I meant, recreating the models for UDK and rigging them.

There's hardly a reason not to at this point, now that we're getting the M2 Bradley vehicle as a crate... and these would be simpler to add because there's no turret to worry about rigging for them.

Sure, if you can find someone to do it... I would be happy to create the code for AGN crates for it.

• Totem Arts Staff
9 hours ago, Sarah! said:

Sounds gooood, are you going to be rigging it as well? o:

I'm not THAT far in my education yet :P I know the basics of modeling in autodesk maya. So anyone else should rig it 

• Totem Arts Staff
6 hours ago, TK0104 said:

I'm not THAT far in my education yet :P I know the basics of modeling in autodesk maya. So anyone else should rig it 

That's fair. I should be able to rig it pretty easily as long as the truck is 1 'group' and the wheels are seperate.

Visceroid Infection: On death you will turn into an Adult Visceroid. If you manage to kill someone being a Visceroid that person will turn into AI controlled Baby Visceroid allied to your side. If that Baby Visceroid manages to kill 3 people will also evolve into Adult Visceroid itself, that turns people it kills into Visceroids. That way you can get an infestation going on, maybe.

Alternate vehicles: Those are variations of existing vehicles that are using an different weapon.

In OpenRA there was GDI Apc that had Grenadelauncher weapon,

other ideas Humvee with ToW rocket instead MG, Blackhand Light Tank and Buggy that use Laser weapons(buggy would have laser gattling,light tank larger version of Raveshaw's gun), Railgun Prototype Medium Tank. Nod APC with Machine Cannon.

The classic Artillery piece could exist as crate-only GDI artillery.

latest?cb=20080605124501

maybe this thing as an Tiberian Dawn era sensor array. Combines stealth detection on the move with Chinese ECM tank purpose(deflects missile) and delays missile lockon for friendly in radius.

Edited by Eagle XI

I remember in a Renegade server, there was a crate that gives you a 10-second beacon (like in singleplayer), such crates are meant to help losing teams come back. I'm started to see more "game-breaking" crates again here. Not sure if it's a good thing.

Anyway, full base repair crate sounds good.

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, dr.schrott said:

Hi,

can you make the weapon crates also time limited, e.g. 120s or 180s

Otherwise, in my opinion it is just another big issue in game balance.

Crates are supposed to be little 'bonuses' for fun. It doesn't make that big of a difference. 

6 hours ago, Eagle XI said:

Medic Gun: An Repair tool configured to heal only people at an faster rate, has green beam and goes into purchasable repair tool's slot.

Will look into it.

6 hours ago, vandal33 said:

I remember in a Renegade server, there was a crate that gives you a 10-second beacon (like in singleplayer), such crates are meant to help losing teams come back. I'm started to see more "game-breaking" crates again here. Not sure if it's a good thing.

Anyway, full base repair crate sounds good.

Definitely not doing 10 second beacon, and full base repair crate would be interesting to code.

I dont think the full repair crate would feel good. It would be very silly for 90 minutes of effort by the attackers to get anulled by an lucky defender whom happent to get that out of an crate.

another idea for an weapon crate,

Mortar Gun: an miniature artillery cannon. Replaces primary weapon.

and another for an equipment,

EMP Beacon: An Ion Beacon recolored white and blue, placed like that on the ground, at 10 sec emits emp wave in a wide radius.

Edited by Eagle XI

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, dr.schrott said:

Hi,

@Sarah!  " Crates are supposed to be little 'bonuses' for fun. It doesn't make that big of a difference"

That is exactly how it should be - a little bonus for fun.

Therefore it should be time limited, not permanent.

What about vehicle crates/spy crates that are already built in to the game? They don't disappear automatically. Having 1 gun that is removed on death/character purchase doesn't break the game.

Edited by Sarah!

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, dr.schrott said:

You are absolutely right. They do. Especially the SBH spy or GDI with stealth and flame tanks, Nod with meds or mummies

I would do the same for all of them - time limit.

But it will probably  remain as it is.

Crates always have been and always will be a feature of RenX, it's just how the game is. 

• Totem Arts Staff
4 hours ago, Eagle XI said:

Since the weapon cant be refilled then, would it default back to what it was prior to picking up the crate upon ammo depletion.

I'm not exactly sure what your question here is. After you use all the ammo, the weapon would just sit at 0/0 ammo in your backpack until you are dead or change characters.

I have the worst crate idea ever.

Fake crate: This crate does nothing at all. Well, ok, maybe it plays an laughter sound and puts a party hat on you.

edit: some moar

Tanya Pistols: Replaces your sidearm with dual pistols that shoot special ammo that can even damage tanks.

Chrono C-4 bundle: Sort of like an mininuke. Bunch of timed c-4 with timer set to 5 sec appear scattered on ground where the crate was. Those bombs are hostile to the side of whomever had picked up the crate.

Edited by Eagle XI