Q-spotting

yosh56

• Totem Arts Staff

As topic suggests:  

Suggests other additions to be added to Q-spotting (Spotting things with Q) 

EDIT: Things that are already done 

Spotting Crates 

Spotting friendly infantry units whispers 'I need repairs/Cover Me (with beacon)/Follow Me' respectively. 

Spotting friendly vehicles whispers 'I need a ride' 

• Like 3

• Totem Arts Staff

i got one but it may be crazy. click Q will be like a radar, once you clicked it will send a waves thing and you will see highlighting of your teammates.

it will be use for looking teammate to join them in battle and see if they are attacking something. or getting attacked by foe. 

Q-spot harvester->Defend the harvester/Attack the harvester Radio

Q-spot vehicle->Destroy that vehicle! (vehicle type(s))

Q-spot empty vehicle bound to you->I need repairs

Q-spot empty vehicle not bound to you->Get in the vehicle

^preferable if these are spammable

Remove spotting friendly mines on structures

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
56 minutes ago, CampinJeff said:

I freaking hate that.. Glad you brought it up. 

53 minutes ago, KrypTheBear said:

Q-spot crates.

Already done. 

57 minutes ago, CampinJeff said:

Q-spot harvester->Defend the harvester/Attack the harvester Radio

Um... that's already a thing

59 minutes ago, CampinJeff said:

Q-spot vehicle->Destroy that vehicle! (vehicle type(s))

Not even sure why this wasn't the original response for Q-spotting vehicles...

Spotting one or multiple teammeates could say: "Follow me, Player X, Player Y." Just like you can do with bots in skirmish.

Maybe also Take Cover, Fall Back and I Need Repairs with friendly playernames added to them if you aim at them. (So not Q-Spotting, but when using the right commands)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Henk said:

Spotting one or multiple teammeates could say: "Follow me, Player X, Player Y." Just like you can do with bots in skirmish.

Maybe also Take Cover, Fall Back and I Need Repairs with friendly playernames added to them if you aim at them. (So not Q-Spotting, but when using the right commands)

Maybe if you Q-Spot an allied Engie/Tech/Hotwire a "I need repairs, [NAME]!" 

Imho "Follow me" doesn't need a q-spot binding. The ALT+CTRL menue should be sufficient. But yeah, displaying the name of the person you look at when you use the "Follow me" like "Follow me, [NAME]" would be cool. 

1 hour ago, yosh56 said:

Already done. 

Yeah, I was already told that. Didn't know. 

What I'd like to know is how much Tiberium the Harvester has loaded, thus for how long the team has to defend the allied harverster. 
E.g. "Defend the Harvester! [Tiberium load in percent]" if that wouldn't be too much effort.

Edited by KrypTheBear
  • Like 1

It's no addition but hitting Q multiple times shouldn't *spam* the ingame chat. Make it bigger / change color instead (turn up the sound even) so mates notice that this time the "Defend the Refinery!" call is urgent but team  can still read the sneakers call for help in chat "need you to hit structure x in 15 seconds for distraction"

PS: think there was another topic about this, can't remember if it wasnt possible whatsoever :/

Edited by DarkSn4ke
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, KrypTheBear said:

Maybe if you Q-Spot an allied Engie/Tech/Hotwire a "I need repairs, [NAME]!" 

Imho "Follow me" doesn't need a q-spot binding. The ALT+CTRL menue should be sufficient. But yeah, displaying the name of the person you look at when you use the "Follow me" like "Follow me, [NAME]" would be cool. 

Yes good point and addition.

4 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

It's no addition but hitting Q multiple times shouldn't *spam* the ingame chat. Make it bigger / change color instead (turn up the sound even) so mates notice that this time the "Defend the Refinery!" call is urgent but team  can still read the sneakers call for help in chat "need you to hit structure x in 15 seconds for distraction"

PS: think there was another topic about this, can't remember if it wasnt possible whatsoever :/

This if possible or something else that stops the wave of messages. Even though it works, other messages will be pushed out and that's annoying.

Disable the audio if somebody spams spotting, it's annoying and distracting. The radio sounds should still play but if it is spammed within 3 seconds then mute the audio. I take radio messages seriously but if it's spammed, I thought someone is just trigger happy and this may cause teammates not to take commands seriously when it is not spammed.

Usually there are already 4-5 team members pressing spotting at the same time if it's a building needs repair scenario.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:56 AM, CampinJeff said:

By all means keep Q-spot friendly mines on structures, especially if mines are on an enemy MCT. It's a very quick & efficient way to signal "Hotwire in enemy building x at MCT" so you know NOT to attack it; if you attack it then enemies will repair the building and thus likely destroy the Hotwire and her attempt to covertly destroy the building.

25 minutes ago, Chrisjh0223 said:

By all means keep Q-spot friendly mines on structures, especially if mines are on an enemy MCT. It's a very quick & efficient way to signal "Hotwire in enemy building x at MCT" so you know NOT to attack it; if you attack it then enemies will repair the building and thus likely destroy the Hotwire and her attempt to covertly destroy the building.

I doubt that many teammates will grasp that fast enough... it's so much easier to write in teamchat "Do NOT attack HoN!!!"

At this point I kinda feel that some of the voice commands could be localized for people within close proximity instead of in the global chat and could show up as a dark greenish colour. That way you know that "Get in the vehicle" or "Follow Me" is somebody nearby, its dark greenish so that contrast of colour from the basic red/yellow vibrant colours should be quite eye-catching.

Anything building or Harvester related should remain global, anything outside of that (if applicable) should be localized, hopefully the actual sound can also be limited to the local proximity as well?

The only time all voice commands are global is if you are the Primary Commander. 

This removes some of the general spam from the Team Global chat.

This with <Insert Names> at the end of Voice Command sentences.

maybe for repeated global cues such as "Building needs repair!" or "Defender the Power Plant!" maybe if all else fails a number can just sit besides the sound cue but it only counts the amount of different players saying it, so if one player spams the command it shows up the once, then if another player Q's the same voice command then it bumps that one line up to the top with a (2)the more times the same voice command is Q'd by different players the bigger the font gets (to a limited maximum) as well as being pushed back to the top. 

Example:

When a player Q's the once:

• Player257: Anyone want to get in my transport? 
  • Player246: Building needs repair! (1)

When another player Q's the same once:

• Player289: Building needs repair! (2)

New message after the Q is twice'd:

• Player294: Intruders at base Entrance!
  • Player289: Building needs repair! (2)

When more players Q the same command for the same building:

• Player 285: Building needs repair! (4)
  • Player257: Get in the vehicle, Player294!
  • Player294: Intruders at base Entrance!

The number has no limit, but the font should have a maximum size.

Edited by Madkill40
  • Like 1

On 25/11/2016 at 10:15 AM, DarkSn4ke said:

I'm glad that someone else thinks this is a good idea.

This is my post I made at the start of this year:

On 13/01/2016 at 7:35 PM, Testman said:

In some critical situations like placed beacons or buildings needing repair, people are known to Q-spam as if their life depends on it.

Doing so takes whole chat space and erases all previous messages.

Some of those messages could contain useful information, such as where the beacon is.

Would it be possible to change how Q-spam works in the way that each press of Q does not write new line of same text, but instead increases the size of already written line?

And in case of 10+ Q presses text starts flashing or in some other way indicates importance of the message.

Would this even be possible?

Also, would it make sense for Q-spotted units to appear on the map (when you press M) for few (4-5) seconds?

Edited by Testman