Map Balance with new (old) structures

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Yo,

I was playing C&C Renegade and had the idea to bring back more structures to RenX.

- (Adv.) Communication Center: Prevents the enemy team to place Ion / Nuke for a while

- Construction Yard: Give all the structures a weak auto-repair so engineers have the time to run to the attacked structure

- Silo (no tech building): Gives the team bonus credits

I hope some modelers will start on this and make a better Renegade X

I like the idea of more buildings being added to the game. There are more interesting buildings in the CNC universe.

The list I would make would be:

Temple Of nod & Adv. Comm. Centre = Beacon access;

Comm centre = HUD overlays (The targeting boxes);

Repair facility = Repair for the tank on it;

CY = weak auto repair for all buildings;

Adv. Powerplant = decrease in cost for everything; (In combination with normal PP);

Some of the ideas might be doable with kismet as a tech building. I was busy with the Comm centre idea in kismet(It worked kinda), but I lost it :(

The big challenge would be to find artists to build the models for the buildings and make them in the same style as the current one's

But this is just my 2 cents. I like the idea!

Yeah ren-x really really needs another texturing/animation artist.

Would Henk, Ruud and Iontech be able to 'upgrade' the old models to a new updated look? I mean Henk did the dam and Iontech afaik the ship in Ruuds map.

and Iontech afaik the ship in Ruuds map.

No not true, Iontech made the trailer, Action_Hank made the exterior of the ship, Gabriel Maung (www.gmaung.com) the interior

Yeah ren-x really really needs another texturing/animation artist.

I agree on this, but these guys are hard to find. I was very lucky to find someone dedicated enough to create some models for CS and it's ship interior.

I think our best chances of finding someone else willing to do this sort of stuff and capable of doing this is very hard. Many people know how to model for example, but they don't know how to unwrap UV's or how to create textures..

So, if I am not mistaken we have:

A helipad (Kenz made this)

A team silo (looks cool Thommy)

A repairpad (Henk!)

Just wondering if they can be implemented just like other buildings in the editor. I think the community is really doing good work here. Maybe some of the original creators can be inspired to help a bit :)

There's a Communications Centre for use as well. (According to Kenz)

Not sure where, but it exists. (Apparently)

That would be great, cause than we are more than halfway with these buildings (excluding code, but I think the community has more coders than 3d modellers...)

• 2 weeks later...

Construction Yard = Auto repairs buildings (Equivalent to 1 engineer hitting the MCT.)

Communications Center = Show enemies on radar (Auto Q-spotting)

Adv. Communications (GDI) = Deploy ion beacons instantly?

Temple of Nod = Cheaper nuke beacons.

Adv. Power Plant = Cheaper shit

Repair Facility = Fixes your shit

Construction Yard = Auto repairs buildings (Equivalent to 1 engineer hitting the MCT.)

Communications Center = Show enemies on radar (Auto Q-spotting)

Adv. Communications (GDI) = Deploy ion beacons instantly?

Temple of Nod = Cheaper nuke beacons.

Adv. Power Plant = Cheaper shit

Repair Facility = Fixes your shit

In OG Renegade the new structures did this

Adv comm/ temple or shrine of nod : when destroyed lose ability to purchase beacons

Multiple power plants would be for multiple AGTs/ obbys

Ex. PP1 goes down and AGT 1 won't fire. But AGT 2 still will fire and no double money for purchases. When both AGT1 & 2 go down double purchase price takes effect.

I really like the extra structures, they add more depth to the game.

I would focus on creating the 3D Model either custom or built with static meshs.

Add lights, spawn points, all the bells and whistles other prefab buildings come with.

Next step would be adding a ton of kismet to the building prefab, I'd go on teamspeak and talk to Ruud, Kenz, or anyone else good with Kismet on what you need to do.

• Totem Arts Staff
I would focus on creating the 3D Model either custom or built with static meshs.

Add lights, spawn points, all the bells and whistles other prefab buildings come with.

Next step would be adding a ton of kismet to the building prefab, I'd go on teamspeak and talk to Ruud, Kenz, or anyone else good with Kismet on what you need to do.

Well I tried it and I can't do it :(. And if i use an old model, it looks very very crappy. And I don't have a texture for it.

• Totem Arts Staff

So the exterior of the Communication Center is done. It will not be the greatest thing you will ever see cause I can't model and texture at the moment. But I've already started already on the GDI Adv. Communication Center. And I think a preview video will be released tomorrow.

So stay alert

EDIT:

a9B2DbyI3QM