Orca/Apache are allowed to carry a passanger WHY??

epicelite

Orcas/apaches are loud so it's almost impossible to sneak person in it while carrying passanger in stank simply isn't fair. Imagine stealth techs without possibility that their stank will be stolen. 3 stanks, 3 tech passangers=op. Where is the problem?

During the apache/orca firefight, people tend to lose track of it's flight path, and it's missing passenger, which ends up infiltrating airstrip tower persay, and boom, dead airstrip.

Also, with 3 orcas, 3 passengers, lets say all 6 have volt rifles, and 3 get out to reap unto the ref mct/repairmen while orcas reap unto the walls, until the orcas die and then they too reap unto the repairmen and mct.

Also, with 3 orcas, just 1 passenger needs an Ion/Nuke, and doesn't even need to leave a vehicle empty to plant it, and then you have wiggle-waggling air-support defending the beacon, with more air support likely on standby to swoop in on 8 second's notice...

Basically, OP for the same reasons a STank passenger would be. Except, the stank is slightly less aggro but slightly more dangerous at not drawing attention or defending a beacon.

Defenders: Part of team cares about orcas, another part cares about buildings. Can't deff? It's their problem.

If you don't like to be rushed, play agressive then and organise your team. If you keep enemy team under pressure, they wouldn't have time for such a effective rushes.

Orca/apache rush with passangers isn't definitely so unfair like few stanks with passangers.

I definitely could be able to come up with many effective op rushes but all require more or less advanced teamplay.

Teamplay is OP-nerf plz. lol

The same argument can defend literally any topic. SBH that can insta-diffuse mines isn't OP because an aggressive team can force enemies to defend base instead of being SBH. Hotwires with top-tier AP weaponry aren't OP because they can't infiltrate if they are stuck at base repairing, you just have to be aggressive.

Stuff can still be clearly OP without it just being "with or without teamwork". Apaches and Orcas having a passenger, are much more abusive than people give credit for, but so are AT mines, around-corners proxy-c4, an officer with smoke in a tank rush, mass chinooks, and a lot of other things people don't normally do but are way strong.

At one point the passenger seat was going to be removed, but it was decided that it is more interesting to have it. Having the seat encourages people to work together more and allows for interesting play. It's not really a problem now that chinooks aren't overshadowed. Chinooks got buffed with more hp in a patch a while back which makes them worthwhile.

I have yet to see a GOOD reason why this is still allowed. Only excuses.

I have yet to see a GOOD reason why it should be removed. Only whining.

That argument goes both ways.

I respect that Bananas gave a good reason why it should stay: Adds structure death.

I respect why it's OP for 900, it's a travel-anywhere near-instant sort of vehicle.

Really, it boils down to "breaking stalemates", and air-maps are the least prone to stalemates, so apparently they are doing something right.

If they are too strong, they aren't gamebreaking, and I think structure kills obtained with apache/orca are legit enough, especially for how squishy it is for 900. So B0ng is right, if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Besides, usually it helps GDI more than Nod and God knows GDI NEEDS the help on just about every flying map...

Ok then. Just remove the Chinook then because its slow and useless compared to just taking your group of 4 or so players in 2 Apaches/Orcas.

Advantages of using Chinook small Orca/Apache group: Cost a little less.

Advantages of using small Orca/Apache group: Faster, better weapons, not suspected of being an infantry attack, half of your goddamn team is already dicking around in them.

• Totem Arts Staff
Ok then. Just remove the Chinook then because its slow and useless compared to just taking your group of 4 or so players in 2 Apaches/Orcas.

Advantages of using Chinook small Orca/Apache group: Cost a little less.

Advantages of using small Orca/Apache group: Faster, better weapons, not suspected of being an infantry attack, half of your goddamn team is already dicking around in them.

Aircraft

giphy.gif

• Totem Arts Staff
Chinooks can be way deadlier. Their guns are infantry disintegraters and when 4-5 gunners/chems/LCGs come pouring out of a chinook, you're gonna change your mind very quickly.

Each vehicle is situational which seems like they are properly designed to me.

Also, Chinooks are SIGNIFICANTLY more cost effective. ONE person pays 700 vs 3 people dropping 900.

Quit being a drama queen (as per usual)

Chinooks can be way deadlier. Their guns are infantry disintegraters and when 4-5 gunners/chems/LCGs come pouring out of a chinook, you're gonna change your mind very quickly.

Each vehicle is situational which seems like they are properly designed to me.

Also, Chinooks are SIGNIFICANTLY more cost effective. ONE person pays 700 vs 3 people dropping 900.

Quit being a drama queen (as per usual)

And, to compound what Yosh and B0ng said TOGETHER into 1...

If you get 2 Chinooks, 1400, and fill it with 10 LCG/Gunner, 4000, it is disturbingly cheaper and more damage and 3/5th total health, 5400 total... Than 5 orcas, 4500, filled with LCGs/Gunners, 4000, which totals... Do I dare say it?

OVER 9000!!!!! (9500...)

If you argue with the one fault, equal health, then just distribute 10 to 4 vehicles, still not 2/3 the cost of orcas, but in fact 1 orca additional in armor.

The advantage of using a group of Orca's over a Chinook easily outweigh the cost difference.

Group of 3 orcas has numbers on their side, if one gets shot down most of your team will still make it to the objective. Not to mention that fact that Chinook have giant fucking targets painted on them and literally everyone will stop what they are doing to shoot at one VS a few Orca's which are always around.

Its a psychological difference.