Patch 5.12 Preliminary Changelist

yosh56

• Totem Arts Staff

[Expected release with [REDACTED] 72 hours. Need to rebuild things]

Because sometimes things get done. Who knew?

----------------

User Interface

----------------

+ Q-spotting messages have been updated to include Unit type, and allow spotting of C4

-----------

Bug Fixes

-----------

+ Fixed EVA not giving 'Building Under Attack' messages when a building had under ~10% HEALTH

+ Fixed Proximity Mines not doing the right damage when placed in certain areas.

+ Fixed maps with Day/Night cycles being able to be picked repeatedly.

+ Fixed seeking missiles sometimes doubling back towards whoever shot them

+ Fixed vehicle weapons sometimes shooting in awkward angles when aiming at certain objects

-----------

Additions

-----------

+ Building destruction is now worth 2000 points; up from 1875.

+ Buildings now give destroyed points based on the % of HEALTH a player was responsible for taking down [e.g: If you took down 5% of the health you would get 100 points/credits on the building's death.]

----------

Balance

----------

Both Teams

Infantry

+ Engineer speed increased 10%

+ Tech/Hotwire: speed increased 10%; given Heavy pistol

+ Points for all infantry have been tweaked

Weapons

+ Repair Tool: Mine disarm speed decreased; Heal rate decreased from 20 to 15; Ammo reduced to 250 from 400.

+ Remote C4: Damage vs. MCT slightly increased. Planting and detonating are now on the same reload delay.

GDI

Infantry

+ Grenadier: speed slightly increased

+ Rocket Soldier: Speed slightly increased

+ Officer: Speed increased 10%

+ Gunner: Swapped SMG with an Unsuppressed Carbine, Speed increased slightly

+ Sydney Speed increased slightly

Weapons

+ Volt Rifle: spread increased slightly

-------

Nod

Infantry

+ Flame Trooper: Armour reduced to 100 from 125

+ Officer: Speed increased 10%

+ Rocket Soldier: Speed slightly increased

+ LCG: Jump Height increased (Still not full); Footsteps made louder/heavier

Weapons

+ Chemical Thrower: Damage vs. MCT reduced slightly

+ Silenced SMG base damage reduced to 7 from 8

+ Blue Tiberium Rifle: Base damage reduced to 22 from 24; Damage modifier vs. Flak reduced 10%; Damage vs. Kevlar reduced 10%; Spread increased slightly; Primary fire volume increased so the weapon isn't such a silent killer.

----------

Maps

----------

+ Updated Remaining maps to static lighting

+ Updated Soft World boundaries to be significantly harder to break

+ Fixed more spots where one could get out of the map

+ Fixed Lakeside ceiling

---------

Miscellaneous

---------

+ Airdrops are back on by default.

+ 16x Anti-aliasing no longer shows up on the options menu

+ Surrender votes tweaked to be slightly less sensitive to 'no' votes. So now 2 no votes don't counteract TEN yes's

+ Added Dev things. Don't piss us off =)

+ Slightly increased vehicle limits on some maps.

Wow RypeL did some good work on the C4 spotting AND noting which units are spotted. Overall changes look very promising. Good work Yosh!

You say that there will be (probably) another patch soon after this. Can we expect maps to be added. I am currently moving from one home to another, but if there are maps that need to be tested and there is a solid date / moment when this will happen than I am ready to help out (if I can make it again). Same goes for spotting 'soft boundaries' errors, or kills by water on Whiteout!

Can I add before I say anything else, that 8 bullets and not hitscan, really brings down the use of "Marksman"? Could it be one or the other, ty? I would even prefer 8 bullets and hitscan even if headshot multiplier was fiddled with to keep it from being 4 hit kill on most infantry.

+ Q-spotting messages have been updated to include Unit type, and allow spotting of C4

That was fast, and is in fact a miracle. Hallelujah and Excelsior and all that good shit.

+ Fixed EVA not giving 'Building Under Attack' messages when a building had under ~10% HEALTH

Are... Are you telling us you set it for "HEALTH" at 10% and not "ARMOR" at 10% last time? That makes a lot of sense, thanks for taking the time to proofread the code and figuring that out, last time I made a game mod I made a typo it took me 7 versions to discover.

+ LCG: Footsteps made louder/heavier

Sorry, but I have to ask, does it sound like the Power Armor from Fallout 4? :P

• Totem Arts Staff
Are... Are you telling us you set it for "HEALTH" at 10% and not "ARMOR" at 10% last time? That makes a lot of sense, thanks for taking the time to proofread the code and figuring that out, last time I made a game mod I made a typo it took me 7 versions to discover.

This has been around long before Armor was a thing.

CNC snow is ready for release, why not patch it in already?

Wasn't Dawn also?

The more maps in, the better if you ask me :)

Heard Henk is making progress to his dam btw...

If we added them to patches, we could test them post-PUGs, and figure out what could make them worthy to add to the rotation. That is, if the community actually puts forth the effort to play them, otherwise there is no knowing if the map is playable or how to make it playable.

Not trying to make this patch any larger than it has to be, so no new maps for now. Will work on that afterward I guess.
CNC snow is ready for release, why not patch it in already?

I was able to break Snow in about 5 minutes.

The latest version (1.1)? I couldn't PM it to you, sent it to Ruud a couple of days ago. Can you private message me the issues with the map?

Edit: I see the snow release topic now I'll check it out when my class is over.

All these changes sound great except the nerf of the repair tool. Sounds like it won't have enough juice to take over a silo without a recharge.

One request I've been wanting to make was to change the speed-boost crate. In the last patch it was nerfed to add 5% speed by default, when I actually think it could have been buffed to add 15%. Sure, you'll get the occasional player that cratewhores to get super-speed, but that can be counteracted by reducing the speed-crate likelihood, and you can also make the argument that if you're able to cratewhore without dying, you deserve your spoils.

All these changes sound great except the nerf of the repair tool. Sounds like it won't have enough juice to take over a silo without a recharge.

One request I've been wanting to make was to change the speed-boost crate. In the last patch it was nerfed to add 5% speed by default, when I actually think it could have been buffed to add 15%. Sure, you'll get the occasional player that cratewhores to get super-speed, but that can be counteracted by reducing the speed-crate likelihood, and you can also make the argument that if you're able to cratewhore without dying, you deserve your spoils.

It need to either be 7.5 or 10, and actually have a built in limit. If the crate recognizes your player speed has already gotten a crate or already reached 120 then it simply doesn't roll you the odds of getting a speed crate.

5%, is nearly unnoticable unless you get 2, and HAVING to have 2 for effect is bad design just to limit it's stacking, when you could just limit it's stacking.

If we added them to patches, we could test them post-PUGs, and figure out what could make them worthy to add to the rotation. That is, if the community actually puts forth the effort to play them, otherwise there is no knowing if the map is playable or how to make it playable.

I've suggested many times to make a group of people willing to test the maps. Could be like twice a week at a specific time like the pug and play/test them but... there's always a big % of the people that say they want to test but only show up like 1 or 2 times (like the testing of beta 4).

• Totem Arts Staff

I've suggested many times to make a group of people willing to test the maps. Could be like twice a week at a specific time like the pug and play/test them but... there's always a big % of the people that say they want to test but only show up like 1 or 2 times (like the testing of beta 4).

After this patch is out of the way, we're mostly just focused on content and bug fixes, so I'm down to start testing maps after PUGs. We just need to make a master topic to plan what maps we're going to test and what-not. I'll have B0ng make sure they're on the server, and everyone who's going to test can just look at the topic to see what we're testing that week.

If we come up with a CLEAR time / moment I will be there just as with the PUG. Main issue is that there is a testing day 'sunday afternoon' and when I check the launcher I don't see anyone there.

This is what we need (can be moved to a special topic if needed):

Day and time + timezone

Server to join

Link to resources

List of things a map maker wants to be tested / has changed

Teamspeak channel where we will hangout

I can't make it every time, but I will do my utmost as I did with the Beta4 testing to be there when I say I am there.

Edit: just noticed Yosh' post for testing the maps after the PUG. This is highly inconveniënt for me, but I think it will be good time for most of the players. Please remember that players / map makers like Henk & Ruud are also Netherlands based and that they might have other social plans (aka getting wasted) on a saturdaynight after the PUG

Edit: just noticed Yosh' post for testing the maps after the PUG. This is highly inconveniënt for me, but I think it will be good time for most of the players. Please remember that players / map makers like Henk & Ruud are also Netherlands based and that they might have other social plans (aka getting wasted) on a saturdaynight after the PUG

Well they don't need/have to attend because there are other players that will test for them and post bugs/feedback on the special thread so they can work on it.

Agreed that most of the slower characters feel really bad to play. A better way might be make sprint into an actual sprint. Not hold this button down forever. Up the base movement speed across the board, maybe raise sprint speed slightly, then lower the sprint time drastically to like 4 seconds total or less. Then if you want to mess with movements you can do a lot of it through sprint. Super heavy character has no sprint...fast character has 8 seconds..blah blah. I think it would feel better. I always thought the game felt better after getting one speed crate anyways.

Super-Kh":23uyz5kq]night canyon : remove those green and red flares,they reduce my fps from 30 to 3-1 fps,also they are very shining and anoying to my eyes @_@

lol no, its one of the most beatiful maps now, there is something wrong with your pc :P

I would recommend something before PUG, I need to go off after 2-3 maps in PUG cause if map is ending by time limit its almost 23:00 and im not only one in my house :P