CNC-TrainingYard

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Some people said I need to fix a lot of things.

Well I've been thinking and I made the map much better.

Complete Changlist:

- Changed Daytime

- Replaced the Tropical Tree's with normal tree's (Did that with foliage (yes it has collision))

- Vehicle Spawn Removed because there were problems with it

- Entire Bunkers Removed (Also the Sniper Vantage Points)

- Added The official PT-Level (Removed the custom one)

- Changed Tiberium (Green Tiberium replaced with Blue Tiberium)

- Removed WatchTowers

- Added Power Plant for both teams (again)

- Removed Ramps from the buildings

- Removed Auto-Defences

- Changed Rock Texture

- Removed the small bridge and the road to that bridge

- Removed Crashed Plane

- Added Endgame Camera

Well thats it (I think)

I need to do a test play first. And I will add the map to Moddb and drive.

Edited by Guest

• Totem Arts Staff

Really?

I liked it how I did it. It's not so dark how it looks like.

Anyway.

The Link to download the map: [LINK DELETED BECAUSE I'M MAKING THE REAL FINAL VERSION]

Edited by Guest

I like the map. It's small and long distance bombardment isn't possible which makes the map a little bit harder.

Overall I have to agree with Handepsilon here that some places are very very dark. Behind the Wf for example. Dot some lights over the map! I think it will make the map much more enjoyable. Also, perhaps add some sounds for wind etc, I can see the trees are moving but no wind sound (I know it's nitpicking but its soo easy to do :cool: ). It will give the map some more atmosphere, which it already has but the more the better!

Make one more final version :) It would be a nice addition to the custom map scene.

• Totem Arts Staff

[FINAL VERSION RELEASED]

[LINK DELETED BECAUSE I HAVE THE REAL FINAL VERSION MADE. THIS WILL BE IN PATCH 5.004 I HOPE]

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
Lol?

Are you gonna revise the update?

Far too late for that. It's not like the version posted will be unplayable or anything. Besides, it'll easily be fixed in an update.

If I were to go back just for this one map, I would have to:

Download the latest Training Yard, recompile shaders, re-cook the watch tower asset, move the files onto the NA server to be put in the patch folders, then re-make the patch... re-upload the patch, verify integrity, then wait for it to replicate to all mirrors.

No.

I've run through it already. If nothing else I'll just release a miniature patch in like a week that'll just be devoted to maps. Pretty sure people will find broken things in Eyes within the week too.

• Totem Arts Staff

Okay. The older versions got that Custom Techbuilding that kenz made for flying units. But it didnt work good (I removed it in final). I removed watchtower in final version. So you dont have to worry about that. There was also a "cave" that you can access with air units (fixed that in fixed). I builded lights with preview in older versions. The final is build on high. And the tiberium fields didnt (almost) had no tiberium meshes. I got way more tiberium now (btw. Final got blue tiberium)

Final version has also no pickups. There was a problem with it. You could pick every weapon that was spawned around the map. These days we have that the player can hold 2 weapons, 1 pistol, a grenade or bomb (Was also in Black Dawn)

Edited by Guest

• Totem Arts Staff

I know that it's a bit early. But this is the version of TrainingYard that has to be in patch 5.004.

(I wont release anything for now. I going to make the real real real final version :P)

Edited by Guest

Final version has also no pickups. There was a problem with it. You could pick every weapon that was spawned around the map. These days we have that the player can hold 2 weapons, 1 pistol, a grenade or bomb (Was also in Black Dawn)

Is only I thinking the best feature in this map will be deleted in future patch?

I liked being an SBH with a repair gun :( Although there was a moment when we were camping inside the GDI bunker as sbh's both with a repair gun, so we could repair each other, that was a bit unfair i guess.

Other than that I don't see why you wouldn't keep the other weapons in, it was fun to collect them all and have a ton of weapons to choose from.

• Totem Arts Staff
The pickups was a bit unfair. And it's better I remove these things.

I heard from kenz about pickups. It's possible to make a mutator to activate spawn weapons.

I've still yet to see any solid argument that the weapon pickups were any kind of unfair.

All the arguments I can think of and have heard :

SBH's with repair guns is OP: No it's not... it takes longer to disarm mines (especially with a standard repair gun), and makes you way more visible than if you were to just break through them through the wall like any logical person.

Hotties/Techs with pick-ups: They can already carry carbines... and I'd rather fight a Hotty with a laser rifle than a hotty with a carbine or a flechette gun.

Switching between weapons is haaaaaard: Um, you know it's going to go to your class's primary 1st... just learn to mouse-wheel... it's not rocket science.

Seriously... I don't get it.

I know it's a really of a specific situation, but we kept killing guys that walked into that bunker, and when they tried to get revenge and come back to kill us, we were already back to full health and also back to stealth. If they would've done their best more they might have got us but it was pretty powerful, and fun (so maybe keep it in?).

It would be cool if there was the same weapon scrolling/selecting system as in the Renegade missions.

• Totem Arts Staff
I know it's a really of a specific situation, but we kept killing guys that walked into that bunker, and when they tried to get revenge and come back to kill us, we were already back to full health and also back to stealth. If they would've done their best more they might have got us but it was pretty powerful, and fun (so maybe keep it in?).

It would be cool if there was the same weapon scrolling/selecting system as in the Renegade missions.

That doesn't sound overpowered at all actually. If they came with more than one person, and could reasonably aim, they would have at least killed one of you.

Infantry being able to heal is about as overpowered as vehicles being able to heal. Especially considering infantry and vehicles have similar costs for God knows what reason.

I wonder whats going to be done with weapon pickups overall.

I recall there's a swapping system in place in the single player beta which limits weapons to just a sidearm and two slots, but I heard peeps saying the code got messed up or something.

Would to like to have that as an option in the game.

This is the map that stood out for me the most in the new patch, but unfortunately not in a good way.

What I do like is how it's very direct and confrontational for a change, quite different from most other maps.

I also like the idea of having static weapon pick-up spots on the map, I also enjoyed that every now and then in old Ren.

What I don't like is how it looks. It is quite an ugly map, unlike the other maps, and so damn barren. If you want it to have such a rocky and deserted look, at least put MANY small stones on the ground, so it doesn't look like just a flat polygon. Or revamp the look completely.

I'm fine with the layout itself.

The other thing that needs tweaking is the weapon respawn rate. Though it is likely, I don't know if this is a server-side option, but the last few times I played all weapons were nearly all the time there.

If you pick up a weapon, it should replace your currently held weapon, primary and secondary. Being able to stack more than 2 good weapons doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

• Totem Arts Staff
This is the map that stood out for me the most in the new patch, but unfortunately not in a good way.

What I do like is how it's very direct and confrontational for a change, quite different from most other maps.

I also like the idea of having static weapon pick-up spots on the map, I also enjoyed that every now and then in old Ren.

What I don't like is how it looks. It is quite an ugly map, unlike the other maps, and so damn barren. If you want it to have such a rocky and deserted look, at least put MANY small stones on the ground, so it doesn't look like just a flat polygon. Or revamp the look completely.

I'm fine with the layout itself.

The other thing that needs tweaking is the weapon respawn rate. Though it is likely, I don't know if this is a server-side option, but the last few times I played all weapons were nearly all the time there.

If you pick up a weapon, it should replace your currently held weapon, primary and secondary. Being able to stack more than 2 good weapons doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Trust me. it Looks better than the older version

• Totem Arts Staff
Ok so now add flying, and obelisk as well as agt and make the new TS units purchasable! Carnage! :D

This map is not really made for flying units. I dont want to add agt or obby because I dont want to make it a boring map. Agt and obby are the problem on Field and Under. It will take hours on EKT

And TS units are meant to be in crates only

It will not be boring it will actually make it last longer than 5 mins which is what happens now, you have 2 ways to enter base and units can fire from 2 paths so the only thing it will stop is early rushes.

Flying will add to the carnage, plus you already have stairs on the buildings so it should be an easy transition.

• Totem Arts Staff

It looks like the map is finished. I did some more testplays and everything works perfectly fine.

Stuff I added to the map:

Added base walls to the base entrances (not infantry paths) so Turrets / Guard Towers can shoot you when you exit the base

Added some ramps so infantry can't infiltrate the buildings so easy.

Added bunkers (again). This time it doesnt have any special things (I copied the bunker from X-mountain with everything in it)

Fixed the landscape. It was moving when you walked (like at the beach)

Pickup near Silo: Repair Tool (Not the Repair Gun)

Preview:

[attachment=0]RenX Repair Tool.png[/attachment]

I wanted to add a minimap. But I'm making a mess of a minimap. So if someone say: "I can make on and want to do it", please recommend.

And thats it I think.

Hope you enjoy TrainingYard in Patch 5.004

• Totem Arts Staff
it was meant to be a smaller less powerful rep gun with limited uses that you could use as a replacement side arm i dont think it was ever finished / meant to be implemented

I tested the weapon and it works fine to me

Rep tool was just not implemented, but code wise it's mostly all there. It's just a repair gun with ammo. If anything I wouldn't mind seeing this added in the base game somehow

I wouldn't mind either.

It opens up new possibilities if we have this as a purchasable sidearm.

• Totem Arts Staff

I'm still keeping to check the map. I did yesterday some fixes in my map. The right side of Nod refinery was too dark so I added a light. I also added a ramp to the back of GDI barracks so infantry can't sneak to the power plant so easy.

Click here too download the latest screenshots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ze9 ... 2hfNXd5SFE

• Totem Arts Staff

TrainingYard for patch 5.004 is released!!!!

Here's the link to download the map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ze9 ... nNIQXJLNVU

EDIT: Yosh found some bugs I need to fix

WARNING: Make sure you move the current version (from 5.003) and not overwrite it if you want to play it. Don't change the name cause that will mess up with the files from the UPK file.

Edited by Guest

• Totem Arts Staff

Found an issue. That little light at the back of the hand of nod by the wall: if you sprint and jump near it you can get stuck between it and the HON.

There's also a dip in the rocks on the silo path behind Nod's Refinery and in front of their bunker where if you fall in you just float forever. Will post a screenshot of that one later.

Aside from that... I guess you have the right to make it a dark map, but I think Training Yard was better as a day map. I'm also VERY MUCH disappointed at the lack of height in the now with the middle section having been gutted. It's your map... but honestly I think some of the best things about Training Yard were its middle, and the weapon drops, now that they're both down I don't see it being quite loved for much of anything >_>. Just my 2 cents.

• Totem Arts Staff

Okay I can fix that stuck problem later. If you post a picture of that other problem I can fix these things.

But I'm not really a fan of pickups anymore. And I didn't like the bridge. That place is not really made for a bridge :(.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

This is it. The real deal of TrainingYard. With some changes I think It's now 100% good. I'm not gonna make it better because:

1. I have many times said it's the final version, but it wasn't. And I don't want to edit it again.

2. The last update was a long time ago :P.

Anyway here's the link to download the map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ze9 ... DBWNloxdmc

Check also my youtube channel: ThommyK0104. I uploaded the fly though of it (well it is the endgame movie) and a testplay I did.