FPI Restorable structures.

isupreme

Feedback.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I only played the tail end of a brutal game and the start of  another.    So really  I cannot say much as of yet.

But ofc i will say......

I find it interesting that while playing, as soon as I learned the new mechanic,   that it shifted the game play in my head.     O, sure its easy to say... I started focusing on money more...  but....

But it is kinda funky how it changes the game. 

I do not know if  I like it or not.      I worry that early base buildings kills will be too painful. ..    But i do like how a larger narrative of story line is created!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank FPI for letting me try this mod.

At first i was resistant.  But I am well known for resisting change.   ( I hated rep tools for all.)

But the truth is in the game play....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight with the servers dead quiet.   I went and played on the FPI restorable structures server.

I realize now... that this could be a great advantage in building server activity.   

ONLY 1k  for the first building  reset?     Nice.      Heck that is doable on a 1 v 1 level.

I could see this helping get low population servers to maintain activity..

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 12:13 AM, Odanert said:

Imagine a 3hr field when you got to destroy a building, they just rebuild it again.

This is a concern I've seen a few players voice. However, currently in v0.2 there is a 10 minute timer before a building can be brought back online. 

So restore flow goes like this: the team purchases the restore, then has to wait 10 minutes before the building will be brought back online, then after the building has been brought back online that building cannot be restored again for 10 minutes due to cool down.

In a later version I'm looking at making the building being brought back online have health but no functionality for 10 minutes, allowing the opposing team to stop the restore.

27 minutes ago, kira said:

Yes i beleive pieman said 2K credits per player if im not wrong 

1 hour ago, NodSaibot said:

From my understanding, the price scales with playercount in some way.

For buildings It's currently set to 1k per player and defences 156 per player.  So for example if there are 2 players in-game that would make buildings 2k and defences 312. So for 64 players that is 64k for buildings and 10k for defences with the cost doubling each time a restore is purchased.

On 9/12/2022 at 5:03 AM, isupreme said:

I want to thank FPI for letting me try this mod.

At first i was resistant.  But I am well known for resisting change.   ( I hated rep tools for all.)

But the truth is in the game play....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight with the servers dead quiet.   I went and played on the FPI restorable structures server.

I realize now... that this could be a great advantage in building server activity.   

ONLY 1k  for the first building  reset?     Nice.      Heck that is doable on a 1 v 1 level.

I could see this helping get low population servers to maintain activity..

Thanks for feedback, it's nice to see players enjoying the mod.

The scaling purchase cost is actually due to player feedback (regarding making it viable in low pop servers) which I value greatly so if you or anyone has any other feedback I'm always happy to hear what it is, all feedback is good feedback.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1