A moderator switched me after i've killed him, is it fine?

Reivax

Hi
Earlier today on Walls i have been switched for "balance" by a mod just after i've killed him
Server was FPI, mod was Snow
Both teams had all their buildings, field was mostly GDI but sometimes balanced

i was Nod and moderator was also Nod, i've requested a lot of times help to stay on the battlefield instead of having to refill (we had no money so the loss of a 1k char is problematic) but i only had a few reps like 4 or 5 times in 30 minutes so i've switched to GDI
At this point of the game both teams still had all their buildings, and afaik no rushes happened
A few minutes later i've killed the moderator - he was technician, i was patch - when he tried to sneak the GDI base then he switched me back to Nod a few seconds later
I've asked why and he said "for balance purposes"

As most players know the balance here is a legend :D so i don't really trust it was for balance purposes
If only i was bioz or Reaper, i could understand, but i'm far from their skills - and i'll never reach it anyway haha

• Like 1

I would be seriously pissed off and turned off to the game if someone swapped me without my permission.

Moderators should NOT Be Allowed to do this action.

I seriously hope this not an accepted action by moderators.

Edited by isupreme
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Reivax said:

At this point of the game both teams still had all their buildings, and afaik no rushes happened

Airstrip was lost, you changed name to teamwork? then teamswapped. Its unfair move that you did thats why you were swapped back. Also as Sarah said go to FPI discord for discussion.

To clarify the situation / Statement from my site:

You complained about a unbalance and not enough teamplay which does not really match with this statement

7 hours ago, Reivax said:

[..] field was mostly GDI but sometimes balanced

As StyX already posted, Air was lost and you switched. Didnt noticed that switch because I was busy defending.

After that I tryied a turnaround for our team by sneaking, well it didnt work, you killed me, that happens (quiet often as sneaker), but that was not a reason for switch!

I used the respawn time to check teams and saw there are two players less. So I switched you back for a balancing, because someone needed to change and it is not quiet a fairplay move and kind of teamplay to leave his team and switch before moments a building is lost.

If you have any more needs for clarification, you are welcome to join EKT/FPI Discord to discuss it.

5 hours ago, NodSaibot said:

I think the FPI/EKT discord would be a better suited place for this discussion. This and other reasons are why we don't force balance people in the Official servers.

uh i don't have a link to their server
i'm looking to RenX discord server to find a link but i don't find one

2 hours ago, StyX said:

Airstrip was lost, you changed name to teamwork? then teamswapped. Its unfair move that you did thats why you were swapped back. Also as Sarah said go to FPI discord for discussion.

afaik air was still alive when i've switched, else i really didnt paid attention to that
i dont care about airstrip anyway - excepts when i'm doing some stank shenanigans
also i was really not the most valuable player of the match (as usually)

2 hours ago, Snow. said:

As StyX already posted, Air was lost and you switched. Didnt noticed that switch because I was busy defending.

I used the respawn time to check teams and saw there are two players less. So I switched you back for a balancing, because someone needed to change and it is not quiet a fairplay move and kind of teamplay to leave his team and switch before moments a building is lost.

I really didn't switched because air died, i switched because i was fighting two mobis and a bunch of other guys (most of the time) without help. My driving is probably one of the worst ever seen in Renegade X so yea, i really don't care about tanks - excepts when we're doing a stank meme rush

Also, i often (if not always) see a difference of ~3 players in a team just after the loss of a building, but people arent switched for that.. I've even seen matches like 7 vs 14 without any swap - but i know right, mods arent checking IRC 24h/24 :D 

And well ye switch isnt really fairplay, and i rarely do - usually i prefer to leave and chat on discord 'till the next game starts - but for once that i did..
The fun part is that most of us know a player who's known to often switch, who have a great aim, but is rarely (never ?) force switched, so.. ahem

'nyway if needed i can come to the EKT discord server, i'll do a journey in the forums to find a link :D

9 hours ago, NodSaibot said:

I think the FPI/EKT discord would be a better suited place for this discussion. This and other reasons are why we don't force balance people in the Official servers.

i can see why using the official servers is a better plan then. i would also be angry if i was swapped of nod to gdi or other way around if i dident do it myself.  

with there discord i wouldent find it a better place discord tends to in my experience forget the discussion......... plenty of times when 3-4 people had discord disucussion then 20-30 people start talking other things then the entire discussion of is pretty much forgotten so a forum thread is a better solution people tend to check the renegade forum anyway.

6 hours ago, Snow. said:

I used the respawn time to check teams and saw there are two players less. So I switched you back for a balancing, because someone needed to change

if someone needed to be team swapped back for balance reason ask if the other team would swap for balance gameplay the person ya pickt dident like nod in that match at that time no need to ruin hise game and make him leave. that is pretty much what ya did with it.

having the command to even grab a random person to enslaveh im to the other team is something that should be disabled or never used. pretty much if i start with gdi in a map i like to play as nod i will keep trying to swap to nod. should a moderator swap me back i eather leave or i dont do anything. this is fair with me i pickt nod so by that means for me i am nod. which also inclines i wont be any usefull to gdi if i get force swapped. 

8 hours ago, RustyShackleford said:

The mods wanted to play with their friend on the same team. So you were swapped.

did you read the what happen? That case had nothing todo with this, and I never did and never will do use those possibility to switch. If I want to switch I use the same option as every player has (which I rarely use), but when I switch I do it at the start or to balance during the game and no one else will do this from FPI staff. Remember that for the future.

8 hours ago, Reivax said:

uh i don't have a link to their server

https://www.discord.gg/mBKzher

4 hours ago, slashes said:

if someone needed to be team swapped back for balance reason ask if the other team would swap for balance gameplay the person ya pickt dident like nod in that match at that time no need to ruin hise game and make him leave. that is pretty much what ya did with it.

We all know in the most cases it will be ignored. And switching of a good inf player to the other teams ruins the game for the left people on this team and make them leave and is somekind of roflstomping.

4 hours ago, slashes said:

having the command to even grab a random person to enslaveh im to the other team is something that should be disabled or never used. pretty much if i start with gdi in a map i like to play as nod i will keep trying to swap to nod. should a moderator swap me back i eather leave or i dont do anything. this is fair with me i pickt nod so by that means for me i am nod. which also inclines i wont be any usefull to gdi if i get force swapped.

To clearify: I really dont have a problem if someone wants to play for the other team, and to beginning of the match I would never check who switched - I want to play too and not checking stats whole time. Dont forget, all mods are players too, they want to play too and only if necessary we try to help in which case whatever needed. I would be very happy if this role wouldnt be necessary, but sadly we need it.

Basically in my opionion: swaping should only allowed to the beginning of a match (maybe 5mins) and after that only to balance teamcounts. Then such discussions would not be necessary. Because if people know they cant switch, they will just play and not standing afk in a building an hitting whole time switch button, which also makes the teams unbalanced.

Nothing more to add. Feel free to contact me via discord.

1 hour ago, Snow. said:

And switching of a good inf player to the other teams ruins the game for the left people on this team and make them leave and is somekind of roflstomping.

Skilled mobidoza players or snipers are really overrated
I fear way more bioz than poi because one will destroy my refinery and make me run out of money but the other will have a few difficulties to destroy the refinery with a ramjet rifle :D 

• Haha 1

• Totem Arts Staff

To be honest, force-swapping anyone is an iffy thing to do in the middle of a match. That being said, I agree with the notion that swapping yourself in the middle of the match because you got annoyed is a bad behavior.... at least when it comes to morality issues, which I'm well aware that a lot of people happily ignores (no offense).

That's my 2 cents anyways. I think if the team was numerically unbalanced when the switch happened, I'd be leaning towards Snow

• Like 4