Idea: Make a (simple) Renx mod for CNC Remastered

Ryz

Hi all,

Just had this small idea. I realize the dev team is busy with a lot of stuff, but this might draw in some more people to the game. I can't judge about the amount of time investment to be honest. 

The CNC Remasters games offer the option to add mods from ingame (as many of you are aware). If there would be a ' Renegade-x mod'  this will surely draw attention to the game even more (cause people allready check Renx more since the Remasters got released). 

I am not thinking about a huge mod, but some small changes / additions to the game. The idea is that it's funny for those who play / use it, not too much work and something which will get attention for Renegade-X.. Not sure what is archievable but I was thinking about one of tthe things below:

- Add Renegade-X music to the game
- Add Renegade-X crates to the game / skirmish (base defences offline, alien abduction, some other easy implementable stuff)
- Add (some) Renegade-X maps to Skirmish 
- Add VP to the game (right now units do not gain veterancy in at least Red Alert, don't know about TibDawn)
- Add some of the Renx units to the game

Curious what others think about the above, especially devs. I guess the community should even be able to help making some maps with tne CNC map editor and combine them as the ' Renegade-x'  map pack... 

Edited by Ryz
  • Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff

Glad you thought about it ryz, its a very good idea for my opnion too. 

There is already huge publicity of that remastered, defintly a wave Renegade x can ride on to get attention, not just for player base - could be opportunity to find more talented people with lots of affection to nostalgia that might power up the Totem Arts team

• Like 1