Community Event: Organised Play - Custom Maps

Fffreak9999

Paradise ❤️  
this map is awesome, but.. take care to do not be alone in the dark forest :P 

Edit: other ideas
CoastalSmall is a nice map too, you could try to play it :) it's a paradise for snipers hehe ^_^
Forest is a fun map, with these nice rivers where the shells make huge explosions haha :D don't forget to hold the bridge :) 
NodvsBH maps could be fun because Nod vs Nod gameplay is fun - stanks fights are amazing haha xD

Edited by Reivax
meow
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Reivax said:

this map is awesome, but.. take care to do not be alone in the dark forest :P 

The map has a 1-in-5 chance to load as a Night map 🌛

Otherwise it has a day setting. Also the inside of the volcano 🌋 has been opened with extra vehicle and infantry paths.

Performance-wise @Fffreak9999 gave it an agressive precomputed visibility treatment and proper culling, so it should run quite fine on the vast majority of machines.

P.s. Gimmicks have been removed/disabled.

• Like 2

so... as soon as we know which maps we want to play, can i suggest someone creates a zip file with all maps we will play that day? so we don't have map version mismatches...

i would like to test paradise without gimmicks... that map is really beautiful ^^ would like to see it live one day ^^

Nod only maps also could be fun ^^ let's test them

Edited by rocky44r
  • Like 4

• Totem Arts Staff
14 hours ago, Nexus51325 said:

There is CNC-Forest from Luhrian too, but I don't know if this map is ready

We could play on Forest, I just need to fix some collisions of some trees, I'm currently unhappy with them. Unfortunately that will take a while because I need to learn how to use blender to do this. I also won't participate in this Pug, I got exams next day at 7:30am :(.

Looking forward to some feedback if you choose to play on Forest.

Have fun.

Edited by Luhrian
  • Sad 1

As an update: it's looking like the current selections we've got planned internally so far are:

• Paradise
  • Forest
  • IslandsXtra
  • Steppe

For Nod vs Nod, we're planning to dedicate a separate PUG event towards that (date TBD, but likely 4 weeks after this event). We might also look into getting some other quick Nod vs Nod maps available. :) 

• Like 3

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey,

since I will not attend to the PUG it would be really helpful if someone could record the CNC-Forest game. Even better would be if another one could record the game from the other teams perspective, because it is really the only thing that gives a good impression how the map plays out, which is needed to improve the gameplay for both sides.

Also your feedback in this or the CNC-Forest topic is always welcome and wanted, so feel free to post it.

Thanks in advance!

Luhrian

• Like 2