I can't find RenX on steam

ALA_ALGERIA_GAMER

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/6/2019 at 2:24 AM, Marinealver said:

Yeah, unless the team wants to port to the Frostbite Engine and the team starts paying tribute to EA, this game has to remain Freeware.

Like hell, we all saw the shit that came out of the Frostbite Engine when EA forced everyone to switch to use it because of battlefield. look at the shitstorm that was Andromeda. I doubt Totem arts would ever want to swap to a inferior engine just to get more players.

On 7/23/2019 at 4:53 PM, Sakura said:

RenX is not allowed on Steam because of the agreement Totem Arts holds with EA. They allow us to create the game, but do not allow us to distribute it via any platforms.

You think it's possible after Firestorm that EA might want to expand you guys?

I mean logistically speaking, after Firestorm releases I, and I'm sure you guys do too, will expect a massive increase in players. But over time it will fade away into obscurity from the mass audiences. Obviously there will still be the fairly large core audience but it would be cool to see this game grow to new heights. So would you ever consider marketing ability from EA even if there were some downsides, like developer interference or game purchasing?

• Totem Arts Staff
24 minutes ago, Tytonium said:

You think it's possible after Firestorm that EA might want to expand you guys?

I mean logistically speaking, after Firestorm releases I, and I'm sure you guys do too, will expect a massive increase in players. But over time it will fade away into obscurity from the mass audiences. Obviously there will still be the fairly large core audience but it would be cool to see this game grow to new heights. So would you ever consider marketing ability from EA even if there were some downsides, like developer interference or game purchasing?

We recently talked to EA regarding the new mod policy and we got some new guidelines but it's pretty much the same as before. It's also quite hard legally to "purchase" or get the rights to RenX, since the project was made by so many people. There was never any talk about who owns the assets in the game, or if we made money who would get how much or whatever. Legally, it's pretty much impossible to do anything like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Sakura said:

We recently talked to EA regarding the new mod policy and we got some new guidelines but it's pretty much the same as before. It's also quite hard legally to "purchase" or get the rights to RenX, since the project was made by so many people. There was never any talk about who owns the assets in the game, or if we made money who would get how much or whatever. Legally, it's pretty much impossible to do anything like that.

Ah well, you'd think they would have seen the sheer potential in what you guys have done by now. It's probably for the best anyways, as EA corrupts all.

• Like 1

since the project was made by so many people. There was never any talk about who owns the assets in the game, or if we made money who would get how much or whatever. Legally, it's pretty much impossible to do anything like that.

Thanks!  It is ALWAYS interested to hear more details about the relationship with EA.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...