Add More TS Units?

nanodeth

hoping they add these other TS units aside from the ones we have now...

Infantries

- Disc Thrower
blue health: 250
armor: Flak
move speed: 100%
weapon: Explosive Disc (type:explosive, damage:(vs inf & structure = 120, vs light & heavy = 60) splash:50% more AoE than Grenaider, reload:1/1.5secs, ammo:1/47, range:same as McFarland, alt fire same as Grenadier), Carbine, Timed C4.

- Jumpjet Infantry
health: 350 (green only)
armor: Plate (same as light vehicles and aircrafts, headshot bonus reduced by 50%, immune to burn and poison)
movement speed: 130%
weapon: Jumpjet Carbine (same as Officers except for - ammo:100/unlimited, reload:2x faster than Officers, range:same as orca & apache), Timed C4.
special: can fly by holding jump for 3secs (cannot fly on no-fly maps but can still jump regularly)

Cyborg Soldier
health: 300 (green only) + 100 on broken state
armor: Light Cyborg (same as light vehicles, can be EMP'ed, heals from poisoning and take 50% less "on-hit damage" from chem weapons, burn immune, headshot bonus reduced by 50%)
move speed: 90% (45% on broken state)
weapon: Cyborg Vulcan (same as Officers except for - ammo:60/unlimited, reload:3x faster than Officers, range:same as orca & apache; halves RoF and reload rate on broken state)
special: upon taking fatal damage on first health, grants second life on broken state, and the only way to repair back to normal state is through purchase terminal.

Vehicles

- Juggernaut
health: 500
armor: Heavy
move speed: same as Titan
seats: 2
weapon: Triple 120mm Cannon (50% damage of Artillery, 80% AoE of Artillery, ammo:3, same reload rate as Artillery)
special: deploy for damage reduction same as Tick Tank, but sharply deceases accuracy when undeployed.

- Disruptor
health: 1000
move speed: same as Stealth Tank
weapon: Sonic Disruptor (1.2x total DPS of Flame Tank but has ammo and reload times, range:same as Stealth Tank, pierces through units but not on obstacles and buildings)
special: heals 1 HP per tick when out of damage.

- Adv. Mobile Artillery
health: 500
move speed: same as Artillery and MRLS
weapon: 155mm HE Cannon (same as Artillery except for - 120% AoE of Artillery)
special: deploy for damage reduction same as Tick Tank, and increased RoF by 50%.

- Devil's Tongue
health: 600
armor: Light
move speed: same as Stealth Tank
seats: 1
weapon: Flamethrower (same as Flame Tank)
special: deploy to dig in and out of ground (takes 5secs to complete process, which means the 3secs surface transition makes it vulnerable on the surface); when burrowed, leaves a sound and trail on the ground while moving underneath and can only move through vehicle paths, pilot can suffocate as if like on underwater when burrowed for too long, vehicle underground will be destroyed when the pilot dies from suffocation or suicide, and obviously you cannot leave your Devil's Tongue when burrowed.

Cyborg Reaper
health: 800 + 200 on broken state
armor: Heavy Cyborg (same as heavy vehicles, can be EMP'ed, heals from poisoning and take 50% less "on-hit damage" from chem weapons, burn immune, no headshot bonus)
move speed: same as Stealth Tank (reduced by 50% on broken state)
weapon: Multi Missile (type:explosive, damage:60x4, reload:2x of Stealth Tank, range:same as Mammoth rockets; halves reload on broken state), Anti Personnel Web (reduces move speed of infantries by 50% and makes them unable to sprint for 10secs, splash:same AoE as Artillery, reload:10secs)
special: upon taking fatal damage on first health, grants second life on broken state, and the only way to repair back to normal state is through purchase terminal. unlike Cyborg Soldier, cannot crush infantry, cannot be a passenger and have a passenger and unable to walk to infantry path (because you are a big cyborg with your own body), and can access purchase terminal by pressing "E" on the door.

Edited by nanodeth
  • Downvote 1

• Totem Arts Staff

@vandal33 Try constructively contributing to the idea by writing why you think it would be a bad idea or something along those lines.

Anyway, I think the sheer amount of modeling and coding it would take to balance and make these look nice is too much for the current RenX dev team. And the introduction of new mechanics such as the jump jet troopers, even if on flying maps, would be game changing. Fill a couple APCs and just jump over the side of the lower walls on Walls. Not sure how it would affect other maps, just a random thought.

I think new content would be great, but I just think it wouldn't be accomplish-able at a normal rate.

• Thanks 1

Mobile sensor array in GDI WF on the outpost map, its an awesome map but a nod map mainly because of stanks and all the open ground.
Price: 750
Health: 600
Armor: light
Speed: MLRS/Arty
Seats: 2
armament: weaponless
Special: Deployable, Reveals stealthed units and regular units (cus why not) within its sensor range while deployed, on minimap and regular map.
I have no reference point to determine sensor range by but i expect it to cover something like roughly 1/4 of the field if i deploy it on the GDI hill,
just nearly enough to cover both vehicle entrances to the GDI base.
considering that its stationary, weak and weaponless I don't think that sounds OP at all, also i imagine the big antena being extremely vulnerable.
and yes I know there's a comm center on that map, but it doesn't seem to help GDI all that much.

A vehicle for drinkers and possibly something to balance out the map with, its usefulness would depend on the number of players.

Edited by Syntharn