5.3 Feedback/Bug Reports

boxes

Hey,

not sure if it is the right Thread cause a patch got released some mins ago,if not it would be nice if the post gets moved.

The Warning Sounds(Buildings/Harvester attack) are extremly loud(200?% of the normal sound volume) and crack if you play on Nod side,and are not effected by the volume control.

Its seems like the Friendly Fire with Explosives is back,cause a teammate just got blown up by a friendly C4.

47 minutes ago, Zerogott said:

Its seems like the Friendly Fire with Explosives is back,cause a teammate just got blown up by a friendly C4.

If you put remote c4 on vehicles, enemies can blow them up. They transfer ownership if you blow them up. (hint hint, dont put remote c4 on your vehicles unless you like being blown up) 

Also if someone kills themselves with their own c4, if you shoot at them while they are committing suicide. You will get the kill credit.

Also happens when you fall or die in any other way 'x-seconds' after being hit by someone. Cause of death is the fall / explosion / suicide button, but the other person gets the kill if he has hit you a few secs before you die.... 

13 minutes ago, Gliven said:

Either way, not really an issue tbh, as you are not actually doing any damage. Just a visual bug saying you killed them.

Unless the other player gets the kill? Not that it really matters to me... 

I dont think the ground/lava/person who killed themselves care if you steal the kill.

you cant shoot your team mate if they are already dead by a sniper bullet.

The only way this could happen is if you shot at a team mate that was dying from burn damage from chem/flame. Are you going to shoot all your team mates that are close to death from fire just to steal the kills. But even then, would the burn damage then transfer over to you, or do they still get the kill damage?

I have only ever seen this happen when people die from non-enemy damage 

Edited by Gliven

Emp Grenades appear to be bugged, I've tossed a few now that didnt even explode. Also occasionally weapons (both snipers for sure) will stop firing for a period of time, switching weapons, throwing grenades, shooting other weapons, and getting in and out of vehicles did not fix. After some time the weapon will shoot again.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Psypher said:

Also occasionally weapons (both snipers for sure) will stop firing for a period of time, switching weapons, throwing grenades, shooting other weapons, and getting in and out of vehicles did not fix. After some time the weapon will shoot again.

you're aware that sniper rifles got changed to bolt action?

4 minutes ago, Gliven said:

@Ryz sometimes happens when you switch teams, you get double the price of everything

Ah, yeah..

Crashed, got set in other team, went to my own team... Still odd :)

On 3/8/2018 at 11:51 AM, yosh56 said:

I'm sorry, Kane wanted to take a bath in the river. We tried to stop him but... I mean... he's kinda' the messiah. 

This river has been like this for me ever since the beta of 5.3 o.O

• Totem Arts Staff
3 hours ago, limsup said:

This river has been like this for me ever since the beta of 5.3 o.O

And that wasn't before in 5.2? It appears normal to me

On 3/8/2018 at 4:07 PM, TK0104 said:

And that wasn't before in 5.2? It appears normal to me

As for most people actually. So far I do not have the slightest clue as to what may be the cause of it. @boxes was in-game too, and it looked fine to him too (both before and after he adjusted his graphics settings to match mine) O.o

• Totem Arts Staff

+ Damage Resistance Aura not showing when getting one (For Infantry and tanks)

+ The server list says "Unknown Game Type" at each server (Don't know if that's known already)

Edited by TK0104

• 2 weeks later...

EMP:

• EMPed Chinooks are locked to sprint mode
  • EMPed meds / flamers can't move forward & sidewards the same time.

[both of this can be fixed by using SHIFT, but if you don't know... it's annoying - at least the med/flamer thing]

Suggestion for Commander Mode:

• if a commander picks up a spy crate he should NO longer be displayed as commander for the enemy team
  • the whole team should be able to see CP status (amount)

• Totem Arts Staff

I encountered a bug the other day (not sure if map specific) on Reservoir. Issued an EMP strike as commander on Nod PP door near the guard tower. After emp hit, the blue static effect didn't dissipate after EMP was gone and I fear'd the power plant was gonna have a nuclear meltdown D'= 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hitbox & EMP's

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with hitboxes since 5.31? Unfortunately I can't record this on video, but there are so many incidents when you're shooting at an enemy (direct vehicle or body hit), you get a hitmarker* but the enemy unit is taking zero damage. Happens most often with tanks, but also with infantry. Same with EMP's. Either EMP's are not working at all (EMPed vehicles get the EMP special effect but can move on like nothing happened) or you evade an enemy EMP, are super far away from the impact point but are still affected by EMP.

Edited by DarkSn4ke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

everything in this game is pretty cool: sound, graphics, dynamism, teamwork, veterancy/score/credits system, balance, music etc.
HOWEVER
the main problem is game physics.
the game tries to imitate realism by nice graphics+sound but physics is shit. Im stuck on literally everything in ridiculous way, no matter if im big heavy tank or infantry. what a moron made physics here? real C&C Renegade from 2001 (!!) has much more playable physics than this imitation. did you ever see collisions of tanks in renegade X? seriously WHAT THE FUCK?!

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, DarkSn4ke said:

hmm, just partly a troll. I don't think that you can compare W3D (known as SAGE) with UE3 in regard of physics. it's possible for sure, but feels like comparing apples and oranges :D

You are right, they are no where near comparable :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
27 minutes ago, dr.schrott said:

It is nice to see there is a new patch with some fixes and upgrades.

People flying out of the game one by one, over and over again, including mee.

Due to different issues:  game crashing without any message, ran out of video memmory....

I am sure, you are doing some testing before releasing it ?!

So, why is this happening almost every time a new patch is released ?

It's not related to the patches themselves. We started looking into it deeper yesterday.

• Thanks 1

• NodSaibot locked and unpinned this topic