C&C3 units

[B]Veyron

IT WORKS! but movement is messed possibly due to the vehicle/wheels not facing in the X-direction which is the front facing direction hence why the wheel rotate in the opposite rotation.  other than that scale is way off,  turret works flawlessly (this is from havocs tut) recoil is the same as his supertank but there is no pan of the treads I think that has to be done separate because it didn't work this time.

I also cant turn  

predtest.jpg

Edited by [B]Veyron
  • Like 1

meh I think a majority would want the real deal.  but that idea alone is actually fantastic I would put a watermark on that and claim it as your own before someone else does.    

the numbers seem to be getting higher than usual.  there will come a time when this game will hit a peak value and then it will decline.  run some numbers someone? 

Pitbull rush! 

So I've overcome MANY obstacles in this process.  like before the problems were wheels rotate in wrong direction, scale was off, pretty much about it.  Fixed said issues and integrated other things from other objects in game and I got this!

This is the security version of the normal rocketpod pitbull.  this pitbull was used in urban-city like areas for security/riot control.  what the plan is to make this like the halo warthog where there is a driver, a passenger that can shoot with there own weapon, and a gunner.  

the next phase in this process will be a bulk unit import and a bulk unit touch up.  so far the pitbull is working how I want it to work.  in the future I may choose to share this stuff with the public. 

EDIT:  the flag and antenna are stiff and don't move.  will need to look into it more.  

EDIT2: as the vehicle moves about the gun rotates on its own. 

EDIT3: I am aware the suspension is just a rectangle lol 

soon my child... soon.  

pitbullrush!.jpg

Edited by [B]Veyron
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

so I lied because these things might take longer than usual.  and this is the only walker I have semi-successfully setup so far. 

I've been working on trying to import the animations in for the walkers (juggernaut, infantry units like the shock trooper or black hand, avatar, tripod, etc) and today I have successfully imported the animations that I desired for each type of movement (walking forward, reverse, dying anims, idle anims, and so on.)  I also created the reverse animation on my own I just reversed the walking animation in 3ds max .... 

the process was not easy and while I thought it was UDK's fault it was rather 3DSmax.  Each animation actually had a buttload of other animations that I had to delete so I had to extend each animation to reveal "hidden" animations that were not present in the first opening of the file.  what a fucking pain.  

while it looks good it is not.  the animations are buggy since I don't know how to set it up in the animation tree correctly and the physics is a bit messed as the corrupter falls halfway through the ground. 

how's the scale look? how's the whole thing look? I set this up in max at a specific system scale (1 unit = 9.75 centimeters) it's how I was able to find an appropriate scale to match that of the typical infantry and thought this scale was just ok.

I can't take video so pics is all you get :/ the  first pic  is of animation where it roars into the air.  the second pic is another segment in the same anim

EDIT:  a quick test revealed one cannot jump onto the bug! I got hurt badly from it squirming around in the ground.  

EDIT2: the idea is to have a blend of different animations that would happen one after another if the vehicle is unoccupied and the same for if it was occupied.  there's an animation where this thing runs like a dog or cheetah it's scary af.  but you'll see it should I find out how to properly do things.  

Enjoy! 

bug1.jpg

bug2.jpg

bug3.jpg

Edited by ☢☢☢☢

while I am struggling with the walkers spawning in awkward postions and my tanks not working too here's a unique unit I did up today.

it functions much like the halo warthog only as the passenger you cannot shoot out the window and the characters are super small lol because the "animation" is taken from the apache as you see the unit sitting in the cockpit.  

and those infantry are super small lol like midgets literally

halowarthog.jpg

Edited by ☢☢☢☢
  • Like 3

the juggernaut was mimicked after the titan in the code, etc.  the avatar was mimicked with the med tank with the code, etc aswell.  I have tried orienting the skel mesh itself but that doesn't work. 

whenever it spawns it wants to go on it's back never on it's feet.

Edited by ☢☢☢☢
  • Confused 1

it's the orientation of the bones in the model.  all the bones are oriented so that every Z-axis is facing the front of the mech hence why when the mech spawns the front face of the mech is facing upwards.  to add here the "root" bone where everything connects is facing the z-axis which is spawning the stuff in the way shown too.

I have tried replacing the bones with correct facing bones and I have tried changing the axis and nothing has worked.  that being said I have also added the root bone and the wheels bones too mimicking what I "studied" from the titan and to my demise this has not worked aswell.   

by not working I mean the animations are glitchy

Using the model as is and importing it along with the anims works fine (by viewing the animation in the animset editor?) so ya...

BUT I haven't tried setting with the Y-axis as up.  will report in a few hours.  

Edited by ☢☢☢☢

proof that I got the mech fixed.  

what happened was the root bone was renamed to something other than root bone and so the axis of this root bone x-axis, y-axis,z-axis weren't lined up to the UDK x,y,z axis.  for instance the y-axis of the root bone was lined up in the x-axis I think it was? and the z-axis which is the up axis in UDK was aiming in the Y-axis which is either left or right on the model and so on.  

what I did to correct this issue was simply duplicated the renamed root bone and changed the axis of this root bone so it was correct with the world axis in max and the UDK axis.  I then just replaced said renamed root bone with the duplicated bone and it worked.

but only temporary because this same technique didn't work with the other animations :/ another unfortunate is that most of this has to be completely redone over because I've tried a lot of different ways to somehow correct these issues but I've found that how these models are designed and how the bone system is setup, etc greatly affects the integration into another gaming system.  

I'm sorry if this all seems gibberish but I wanted to show and tell the great many challenges that are associated with this and that these obstacles can be overcome with practice and patience! :) 

At this moment I'm going to try one last method to try to integrate these mechs in game and that is a union of the geometry( because each model is a combination of separate individual models of the parts of the mechs) which will inevitably screw up the animation and then I will re-skin weight each component of these mechs which if done at the correct keyframe of the animation should work as I want and then repeat what I have been repeating :). 

I will continue to post each successful unit I integrate however for your enjoyment :)

above all this I want to thank some people and give credit where it stands:

Havoc89 - for his vehicle rigging tut 
Plokite_Wolf - for the upload (however there are a few others)
the game design team at EA - for design of the units and animations
limsup - for his support 

success.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:46 AM, ☢☢☢☢ said:

here's some tib sun models.  not mine but they look cool

EDIT: I will credit the user when I use them appropriately 

TSST.jpg

usghrhnvbb64rb.jpg

The Tiberian History mod for C&C 3 (a mod that adds a mixture of units from TD, TS, Renegade) already has a few of these models remade, just not sure if they would let you use them:

ReleaseVIII_Nod_01.jpg

if you have been reading my text up until this very minute you will know I struggled to understand why the animation was acting strange in my purifier which prevented it from coming in contact with the ground much like the titan does.  that problem was recently solved and all it was just needed to uncheck a box in the settings menu and voila! my purifier now touches the ground!

I've also quickly imported the tripod for more confirmation and it is a success.  although the tripod is in the ground purposely. also that other combined pic there the purifier would need slight adjustments in the code I believe to lower it a tad more.  

I know it isn't much and atm I'm trying to figure a map to place much of my stuff in..  

77887538753.jpg

testinngng.jpg

yyyyy.jpg

• Like 4

• [B]Veyron changed the title to TiberiumWars Models in RenX
  • 2 weeks later...

I removed the file.  Sarah brought up the point of Ea being bitchy about using their products.  I thought it over and it made sense not to distribute.  You will not see a map with any of these units else should someone else decide to do it.  

plans have changed since then.  

Edited by ☢☢☢☢

• 2 weeks later...

@Sarah!you are lucky enough you have the second version of the avatar with a good flow of animation! the tripod was/is a bit tricky.  the juggernaut was only recently done too.  the only thing I had problems with these mechs was the movement on hills as I could only go forwards and backwards and not turn

you made a point about the whole ea thing makes sense to me so I'm gonna say no.  an unfortunate event

I'll only post pictures from here on out should I decide to play around with the other models.  

2 hours ago, Sarah! said:

Well that was specifically about Red Alert. You could ask them about TW and see if they care.

that i can live with.  but I think a proper way to showcase these units will have to be a map rather than here's a package of some units that may or may not agree with other maps.  

9 hours ago, LavaDr4gon said:

Have you asked a dev on this?

We used Tiberium Sun assets so you would think  Tiberium Wars wouldn't be any different.

TS models came from people who made them whereas my models came from an entirely different game sure it is the same universe

• Totem Arts Staff
3 minutes ago, ☢☢☢☢ said:

that i can live with.  but I think a proper way to showcase these units will have to be a map rather than here's a package of some units that may or may not agree with other maps.  

TS models came from people who made them whereas my models came from an entirely different game sure it is the same universe

Send me some messages on discord

• [B]Veyron changed the title to C&C3 units
  • 3 weeks later...