Jump to content

Team changing


Shuvon Gaming
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator
2 hours ago, swaffelen said:

Some people try to circumvent the disabled team changing by joining and leaving until they get on the desired team. I've seen MARIUSZ doing this constantly this weekend.

Actually, not some, but many people do. And after some effort it does work for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sarah! said:

And I'm pretty sure the devs are going to disable the 'time lock' on team swapping, so its fine.

Pretty much this -- the setting is being abused worse than EKT abused the mine limit settings, and so it's being removed. You still will not be able to switch teams prior to the match starting though, which was a legitimate problem.

If we ever add it again in the future (big if), then we'll have to clamp the values for sanity.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
2 hours ago, Agent said:

worse than EKT abused the mine limit settings

While it is true, I wasn't here in those times when EKT still existed, so I am unaware of the backstory of this particular "incident"...

I was just wondering here, how could one "abuse" a setting, which was provided by the developers for server administrators, and is freely configurable? I mean what is the point in taking away the freedom from server admins to decide such limits? Same with team swapping. Although I have mixed feelings regarding this, in my humble opinion it should be in the freedom of server admins/owners to decide - and for the players to flood said server-folks with complaints, if it is off-balance :D  So, why not raise the issue to the owner of that particular server? Theoretically that should be more convenient, than modifying the code itself...

2 hours ago, Agent said:

If we ever add it again in the future (big if), then we'll have to clamp the values for sanity.

I wholeheartedly agree on this, such things should need some reasonable limits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Agent said:

Pretty much this -- the setting is being abused worse than EKT abused the mine limit settings, and so it's being removed. You still will not be able to switch teams prior to the match starting though, which was a legitimate problem.

If we ever add it again in the future (big if), then we'll have to clamp the values for sanity.

So when will you guys reinstate the rule that 40+ ppl servers shouldn't exist? Playing on maps which don't even support 40 players (majority of them) isn't abuse by definition, yet it's clearly butchering the tactical aspect of the game.
Make a max player limit for each map or something, don't want play a brainless shooter in the C&C universe.

Snow with 60 players on, are you nuts?

Edited by Radeon3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
41 minutes ago, Radeon3 said:

So when will you guys reinstate the rule that 40+ ppl servers shouldn't exist? Playing on maps which don't even support 40 players (majority of them) isn't abuse by definition, yet it's clearly butchering the tactical aspect of the game.
Make a max player limit for each map or something, don't want play a brainless shooter in the C&C universe.

Snow with 60 players on, are you nuts?

I think the more players, the better. This game is suffering as it is. While you make a point, it is impossible to make a max player limit per map, because what if the next map is higher than the current player count? While you could assume they could disable joining until it reaches max player count, it doesn't make much sense. And if it's on snow, the majority of players voted for it, so oh well.

 

59 minutes ago, limsup said:

While it is true, I wasn't here in those times when EKT still existed, so I am unaware of the backstory of this particular "incident"...

I was just wondering here, how could one "abuse" a setting, which was provided by the developers for server administrators, and is freely configurable? I mean what is the point in taking away the freedom from server admins to decide such limits? Same with team swapping. Although I have mixed feelings regarding this, in my humble opinion it should be in the freedom of server admins/owners to decide - and for the players to flood said server-folks with complaints, if it is off-balance :D  So, why not raise the issue to the owner of that particular server? Theoretically that should be more convenient, than modifying the code itself...

I wholeheartedly agree on this, such things should need some reasonable limits.

It's abuse because they never intended for it to be that high. The original purpose of the setting is defeated by the way the admins are using it.

Edited by Sarah!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
9 hours ago, Radeon3 said:

So when will you guys reinstate the rule that 40+ ppl servers shouldn't exist? Playing on maps which don't even support 40 players (majority of them) isn't abuse by definition, yet it's clearly butchering the tactical aspect of the game.
Make a max player limit for each map or something, don't want play a brainless shooter in the C&C universe.

Snow with 60 players on, are you nuts?

there was a discussion about this a while back, around the fact that not enough people are motivated to join low population servers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

If a limit is to be set on the team switching, then I feel that immediate swapping should only occur if a team has a 2+ player advantage. For example, 10v10, 10v9, 9v10 all should require a player on the other team to swap with you. Only when its 10v8 or greater should the game switch you over instantly

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...