Preliminary 5.291 Changelist

yosh56

• Totem Arts Staff
Spoiler

5.292 Changelist

----------
Additions
----------

+GRENADES are no longer regular weapons | They are switched to with the 'Grenade/Ability' key, which defaults to 'X' (See UI changes)

-----------
Balance 
-----------

+EMP Grenades now lock vehicle down longer with veterancy. They also do tick damage for longer against mines

+Smoke Grenades now last longer with veterancy 

+ALL SNIPERS : Increased spread while firing and not scoped from 0.0 to 0.15; Changed crosshair shape to reflect no longer being fully accurate

+PIC/Railgun: Damage to infantry reduced 5% 

------------------

GDI

-----------------

+McFarland: 
Flak Cannon: Reduced pellet damage from 14x8 to 13x8
Frag Grenade: Damage now respects armour types

------------
Nod
------------

Chem Trooper: 
Tiberium Grenade: Damage now respects armour types

+Recon Bike: Base Health increased from 200 > 250 ; Rocket splash radius increased from 250 > 350 ; Base damage incresed from 50 > 60 ; Increased turning ability while sprinting

----------------------

Veterancy
---------------------

+Automated defences now gain veterancy significantly faster. Would not suggest feeding.

+ELITE now grants +1/s Auto Health Regeneration | Heroic regeneration upped to +3/s  

-----------------
User Interface
----------------

+Added a Grenade/Ability timer at the bottom right of the screen 

+The TAB scorescreen now highlights your name in green

+Q-spot messages now display the important bits in highlighted colours

+While you're an Engineer/Technician tanks and infantry in need of repairs will always* have a repair symbol over their heads unless saying something else. [The symbol is larger however if you explicityl state you need repairs]  

+Added messages for stolen vehicles in the top left of the screen

-------------------
Bug Fixes
-------------------

+Fixed the Railgun doing more damage than the PIC

+Fixed the starting TAB scorescreen not showing players at the start of the game

+Fixed Q-spotting/focusing of Harvesters and Defences

+Fixed the auto rifle and the tactical rifle not having vapor trails when hit-scan on other clients

+Fixed stamina not regenerating in vehicles

+Fixed Frag/Tib grenades randomly doing little to no damage sometimes

+The surrender countdown should no longer continue counting down in the background 

-----------------------
Map Fixes/Balance
------------------------

[CnC-Crash_Site]

+Fixed collision issues in ship floor

[CnC-Whiteout]

+Fixed out of map exploit and rock exploit near GDI Barracks

[CnC-Snow]

+Fixed B2B spot

+Fixed the overly epic 'CLEAR EVERYTHING' nuke crate

+Increased brightness

+Added vehicle blocking on top of structures

[CnC-Tunnels]

+Various optimizations

+Added proper sound attenuation to plank explosion sound so it isn't heard across the map 

[CnC-Reservoir]

+Various Optimizations

+Fixed some stuck spots

+More preventing ARTY/MRLS spam to top of dam

[CnC-ArcticStronghold]

+Fixed an out-of-map exploit

------------------
Miscellaneous
------------------

+You can no longer change team during the warm-up period of the match [sans Admin change team] 

+Added server side option to disable team-switching for X seconds [RTC_DisabledTime in Default/UDK RenegadeX.ini] 

+Updated door open/close sounds

+Fixed Nod soldier being listed as 95 speed on the PT menu

TL;DR version: 

+Grenades are no longer tied to the weapon list. They have their own UI element and are switched to with the 'Grenade/Ability' weapon. Default is 'X' [ala Tac-Rifle] 

+Grenades are more affected by veterancy

+Frag Grenades actually work now

+AutoRifle and Tac-Rifle have appropriate vapour trails and sounds when hit-scan now. 

+Added spread to sniper rifles out of scope

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yosh56 said:

+ELITE now grants +1/s Auto Health Regeneration | Heroic regeneration upped to +3/s  

what the...?

1 hour ago, yosh56 said:

[CnC-Tunnels]

+Various optimizations

+Added proper sound attenuation to plank explosion sound so it isn't heard across the map 

[CnC-Reservoir]

+Various Optimizations

+Fixed some stuck spots

:)

1 hour ago, yosh56 said:

[CnC-Whiteout]

finally! xD

25 minutes ago, Fffreak9999 said:

What’s the default value for this?

hopefully 15 minutes :)

• Totem Arts Staff
3 hours ago, yosh56 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

5.291 Changelist

----------
Additions
----------

+GRENADES are no longer regular weapons | They are switched to with the 'Grenade/Ability' key, which defaults to 'X' (See UI changes)

-----------
Balance 
-----------

+EMP Grenades now lock vehicle down longer with veterancy. They also do tick damage for longer against mines

+Smoke Grenades now last longer with veterancy 

+ALL SNIPERS : Increased spread while firing and not scoped from 0.0 to 0.15; Changed crosshair shape to reflect no longer being fully accurate

+PIC/Railgun: Damage to infantry reduced 5% 

------------
Nod
------------

+Recon Bike: Base Health increased from 200 > 250 ; Rocket splash radius increased from 250 > 350 ; Base damage incresed from 50 > 60 ; Increased turning ability while sprinting

----------------------

Veterancy
---------------------

+Automated defences now gain veterancy significantly faster. Would not suggest feeding.

-----------------
User Interface
----------------

+Added a Grenade/Ability timer at the bottom right of the screen [Current design is temporary]

+The TAB scorescreen now highlights your name in green

+Q-spot messages now display the important bits in highlighted colours

+While you're an Engineer/Technician tanks and infantry in need of repairs will always* have a repair symbol over their heads unless saying something else. [The symbol is larger however if you explicityl state you need repairs]  

+Added messages for stolen vehicles in the top left of the screen

-------------------
Bug Fixes
-------------------

+Fixed the Railgun doing more damage than the PIC

+Fixed the starting TAB scorescreen not showing players at the start of the game

+Fixed Q-spotting/focusing of Harvesters and Defences

+Fixed the auto rifle and the tactical rifle not having vapor trails when hit-scan on other clients

+Fixed stamina not regenerating in vehicles

+Fixed Frag/Tib grenades randomly doing little to no damage sometimes

+The surrender countdown should no longer continue counting down in the background 

-----------------------
Map Fixes/Balance
------------------------

[CnC-Crash_Site]

+Fixed collision issues in ship floor

[CnC-Whiteout]

[CnC-Snow]

+Fixed B2B spot

+Fixed the overly epic 'CLEAR EVERYTHING' nuke crate

+Increased brightness

+Added vehicle blocking on top of structures

[CnC-Tunnels]

+Various optimizations

[CnC-Reservoir]

+Various Optimizations

+Fixed some stuck spots

[CnC-ArcticStronghold]

+Fixed an out-of-map exploit

------------------
Miscellaneous
------------------

+You can no longer change team during the warm-up period of the match [sans Admin change team] 

+Added server side option to disable team-switching for X seconds [RTC_DisabledTime in Default/UDK RenegadeX.ini] 

+Updated door open/close sounds

+Fixed Nod soldier being listed as 95 speed on the PT menu

+Added spread to sniper rifles out of scope

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, yosh56 said:
  Hide contents

haha  about time

• Totem Arts Staff
6 hours ago, HuskerDoggo said:

good update.

except hp regen ofcourse

HP Regen is barely noticeable even at Heroic on most units. +1/s literally means you would have to wait over 2 minutes behind a corner as ELITE as a rifle soldier to get all of your armor back 

@MapStuff: 

New Tomb lags A LOT in comparison to current version with nothing going on. 

Complex... probably still needs to be reverted

6 hours ago, [CT]Sarah said:

giphy.gif

Snipers and Ren were already basically playing COD... may as well go the whole 9 yards and force you to quick scope while you're at it. 

@Fffreak9999: Limited.. and unlikely to change. 

• Totem Arts Staff
10 minutes ago, yosh56 said:

HP Regen is barely noticeable even at Heroic on most units. +1/s literally means you would have to wait over 2 minutes behind a corner as ELITE as a rifle soldier to get all of your armor back 

@MapStuff: 

New Tomb lags A LOT in comparison to current version with nothing going on. 

Complex... probably still needs to be reverted

Snipers and Ren were already basically playing COD... may as well go the whole 9 yards and force you to quick scope while you're at it. 

@Fffreak9999: Limited.. and unlikely to change. 

The problem starts when unskilled snipers can kill people all the time, however, that is not the case. There is a small group of skilled people who are good at sniping, and they shouldn't be forced to adapt to new changes because people can't learn to counter snipers.

1 hour ago, [CT]Sarah said:

they shouldn't be forced to adapt to new changes because people can't learn to counter snipers

Except it doesn't nerf the damage. It doesn't nerf the rate of fire, magazine capacity, reload time, or ammo capacity. It doesn't even nerf armor, health, speed, or any sort of damage modifiers, and snipers still work just as fine for sniping as they always have. The problem isn't people not knowing how to counter snipers -- it's players using snipers as if they were shotguns.

• Like 3

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Agent said:

Except it doesn't nerf the damage. It doesn't nerf the rate of fire, magazine capacity, reload time, or ammo capacity. It doesn't even nerf armor, health, speed, or any sort of damage modifiers, and snipers still work just as fine for sniping as they always have. The problem isn't people not knowing how to counter snipers -- it's players using snipers as if they were shotguns.

They are gonna be shotguns after they are changed, lol. And they have already been nerfed before this patches, anymore and they'd be pretty useless

18 minutes ago, [CT]Sarah said:

They are gonna be shotguns after they are changed

I said shotguns to demonstrate the effectiveness of snipers in CQC -- they have similar rate of fire and damage in RenX, but snipers had far less spread during hip fire, effectively making snipers better than shotguns for CQC. This resolves that issue. The alternative solution to reduce sniper effectiveness in CQC is to nerf their health. I tend to think that adding spread to hip fire more directly addresses the problem without nerfing the sniper into oblivion.

Again as I've already said, the spread's untouched when scoped. They're still extremely accurate, high damage weapons. If you're using them as a sniper, then there's no change at all.

I know I'd like to see snipers only used as snipers again. Then again, my suggestion, was to just make their bullets account for Kevlar, so they can kill engineers, gunners, LCGs, ect, but they cannot outperform against shotguns, riflemen, chaingunners, and shit that only exists because someone desperately needs to kill a sniper.

Not being able to cqc-snipe a sniper, and lack of any other option whatsoever, is what makes toxic snipers so damn toxic. A no-options situation, tends to make the "leave game" button a lot more noticeable.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
39 minutes ago, YagiHige said:

I know I'd like to see snipers only used as snipers again. Then again, my suggestion, was to just make their bullets account for Kevlar, so they can kill engineers, gunners, LCGs, ect, but they cannot outperform against shotguns, riflemen, chaingunners, and shit that only exists because someone desperately needs to kill a sniper.

Not being able to cqc-snipe a sniper, and lack of any other option whatsoever, is what makes toxic snipers so damn toxic. A no-options situation, tends to make the "leave game" button a lot more noticeable.

I get solo'd by flamers all the time, and I wouldn't consider myself a bad sniper.

1 hour ago, [CT]Sarah said:

I get solo'd by flamers all the time, and I wouldn't consider myself a bad sniper.

Flametroop have flak iirc.

Also what's the TTK difference? Obv. the sniper is literally "in a bodyshot and possible veterancy difference because he's sniping, instantly", but if he misses, how many more bullets does he have before the flamer kills him? 3 or 4 chances?

2 flametroop, can be destroyed by an average sniper, flickshotting...

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

@yosh56 why nobody said Tomb is lagging!?!

EDIT: hink I figured out why it's lagging. I think it's lagging because there is no lightmass importance volume and culling distance volume :/

Give me 2 hours  to rebuild lighting and test it out

Edited by TK0104

16 hours ago, TK0104 said:

@yosh56 Update Tomb and Gobi pls :)

No need to update Gobi yet, I need to update the collision on the rocks first. To bad Mason couldnt finish it in time.. oh well next patch we'll be good.

2 hours ago, TK0104 said:

why nobody said Tomb is lagging!?!

I think it is because you're not culling at all, its better to do it manually instead of via a culling volume btw. Especially the particles need to be culled. I'll look into it later today.

3 hours ago, TK0104 said:

why nobody said Tomb is lagging!?!

we kindly apologize for this. we only tested it on a small server with no more then 2-4 people ;)

we did notice though that both the .udk & the .upk files are significantly larger than the old versions. Did you add an easteregg? and might this be the reason for performance drops?

please ask @Ruud033 / @Henk / @kenz3001 for culling assistance :) would be a shame NOT to see the new version asap :(

• Totem Arts Staff

@DarkSn4ke I didn't add easter eggs. I added some more stuff to the map, moved the tib foliage from the package to the actual map.

For the package, only added some more materials and an updated minimap

Btw I updated Tomb again with culling and lightmassimportance volume and tested it out with maximum amount of bots. The lag has been removed slightly but not completely. I guess it also depends on the amount of fps you get

Edited by TK0104

21 minutes ago, TK0104 said:

Released a new version that should fix most of the lag. Will you take a look at asap? :)

map loaded a lot faster when launching a server (with my crap-notebook).

didnt notice major FPS drops on the map.

as mentioned above: ask Ruud / kenz / Henk / other dev mappers for proper culling assistance.

• Totem Arts Staff

@DarkSn4keI'm following kenz's optimization tutorials to fix the remaining lag. Just watched episode 1 and the biggest thing I did for Tomb is changing the main light. It was a DomiantDirectionalLight and now converted to a DirectionalLight. I already did the precomputated visiblity volume.

Currently rebuilding lights to see the first changes

Edited by TK0104