CNC-Ash [Infantry Only / Revision of Dawn]

HappyConscript

Hey everyone,

CNC-Ash is both an evolution of CNC-Dawn (which you may remember from a previous work-in-progress post) and will consequently replace that map. Here is a list of the most notable changes:

-Complete visual overhaul

-Redesigned map center

-Slight modifications to GDI and NOD bases

-Slight adjustments to AI pathing

-Fixed purchase menu issues

-Addition of pickup crates

-Addition of silo credit tick updates

-Addition of extra cover in lower desert area

-Optimization pass

And now, some pictures:

Ta5ogr2.jpg

s4AMIHu.jpg

CF53GSq.jpg

zl6GJqQ.jpg

VOzhhkv.jpg

4ZczGk1.jpg

7o8MCO5.jpg

The map is nearing completion; and I am hopeful it will be ready for testing soon :)

Ash, huh? The pictures look pretty good as usual! ;)

What i wonder though is how much this fog is going to block your vision, and if it's going to have a notable diffrence in the gameplay. I think this could be a real game changer with some good implementation!

Anyhow, good luck with your map!

It seems like you also adjusted the desaturation of CNC-Dawn to create such a desolated effect...

The Tiberium swimming pool, I'm gonna go buy Chem Trooper and jump in. CANNONBAAAAALL

I did much more than just de-saturate the map through post process (that would be the easy way :P ). I did a fair amount of shader and lighting work as well.

As for the Tib ponds; well. . .they instantly kill you when you jump in haha.

• Totem Arts Staff
It seems like you also adjusted the desaturation of CNC-Dawn to create such a desolated effect...

The Tiberium swimming pool, I'm gonna go buy Chem Trooper and jump in. CANNONBAAAAALL

I did much more than just de-saturate the map through post process (that would be the easy way :P ). I did a fair amount of shader and lighting work as well.

As for the Tib ponds; well. . .they instantly kill you when you jump in haha.

Ah shame, guess Nod needs to get their chem suit upgraded, so they can bask in glory that is the Tiberium

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello HappyConscript,

Sorry to see it became quiet around your map, I got a questions:

- Will this map be published soon so it can be tested during one of the testing sessions on saturday?

Hope you can publish the map soon.

Concering Valley, although the map is beautiful it isn't played that much. Maybe you should consider making a sniper variant of the maps for when the sniper server is up again. Also: what do you think about making both maps with only units AND airvehicles. Might not work, but worth to give it a shot, a shame you put so much work in a map which should be played more!

• 2 months later...