[MAP] CNC-Beach-Head

kenz3001

• Totem Arts Staff

Yoooooooo

and welcome back to another RenegadeX Map, formally known as the Tutorial Map from my youtube making of series (

) rename by populate demand to Beach Head.

version 1.3.2

DOWNLOAD: beach head 1.3.2

http://www.mediafire.com/download/viq9z ... V1.3.2.rar

vBgHJ2M.jpg

Map specs:

[*] a very large map

[*] 1 silo needed for air units

[*] 2 air pads (one for each team) if the Air or WF dies you lose air units (may make them double in price upcoming build ... also need to capture the silo in order to gain air units)

[*] air units are in short supply, so each team can only own so many of each type at any one time (3 Orca's/Apache's and 2 Chinook) ... (numbers may very in upcoming builds)

Things to do:

[*] custom PT's are bugged in Multiplayer so you wont see the prices of the air units but there the same as the base game (700 for the Chinook and 900 for the Orca's/Apache's)

[*] i still have to make a mini map but i would like to get some feed back first as i have a feeling the map may be a bit big :P

Nice. Do the helipads repair your air vehicle when you land on them ?

(Yeah and the soft level boundary was never finished to work with vehicles. Its currenlty only meant to be for inf. People getting in and out of vehicles outside of ít and vehicle passengers screw it up. But atleast this issues should be easier to fix in this volume as with the old playarea volume and it seems Agent already is on to it.)

Edited X2:

The Map is super Beautiful But the Main con is the Sun direct in the eyes

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 36F84AA7C/

Indeed its huge, long walking ,but found pretty easy walking and climbing on rocks .I like how smooth it is.

NoD Base part look pretty basic ..I like Better the GDI config

So huge map I didnt find the other side of the underground tiburium field ..and I walked a lot :0)))

Rocks are so well assembled ,they look great and functional.http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 8979778C1/

Was Hoping a small hiding place in there to hide http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 6EFCD9768/

There is kind of hole there ,got stuck in it http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 21C93C6F9/

Got stuck there too near Between the wall and the tree at NoD base

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 0AE835F4C/

Because its so large between the 2 bases ,you have lots of ground to cover ,wonder what it will do in a game ,Death matching in mid ground ? Vehicules figthing or fast Bases destroyed by either SBH or by Flying ..I have no idea

Nice Map but I would cut at least 1/3 of it .

Sure I will watch all your TuTo serie :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must do something wrong 
RenX kind of stuck on Loading when I copy your files in my folders ..It,s not responding Have to ctrl alt del
Deleting your 3 files dejam my renx

Forget That^^ I was coping the compressing files ;S

Edited by Guest

• Totem Arts Staff
The map is still not 100% finished (I'm sorry to say it)

Found bugs:

- More materials are missing on tree's

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ze9 ... jBaUE9IUlE

- Harverster not moving

- I'm spawning at the silo. Not in base

its not ment to be 100% finished ... but i know why the spawning is broken ... paths need rebuilding even tho the error is not showing :(

trees are an easy fix i know why thats happening too ...

as for the bunkers ... meahhh

• Totem Arts Staff

Updated first post

fixes :

added sounds

endgame cams

fixed paths and spawns

added post processing

fixed lighting moved the sun up (shouldn't look directly into the sun anyway:P)

fixed some spots you could get stuck

link to download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aqv76 ... d_V1.1.zip

Are you installing the zip file only to find that your RenX no longer works?

Tired of "Not Responding" UDKGame process responses?

Look no further! The attachment shows the error corrupting the config files, change the name save the game.

Enjoy your crashfree; now/also on skirmish menu, custom map.

P.S. Change 'Canyon' to 'BeachHead'

wellwellwell.png.8f71b4fd3f9d6dca945a37faadc58cc3.png

Sht happens, but this is the bonus of testing maps and whatnot.

Now fix the obvious leak slowing down the map, those trees/foliage.

Could the middle of the map be a burnt forest instead of lively trees? (Or mix and match trees with leaves and trees without leaves)

I like the density of the forest but that foliage is causing fps drop.

Sht happens, but this is the bonus of testing maps and whatnot.

Now fix the obvious leak slowing down the map, those trees/foliage.

Could the middle of the map be a burnt forest instead of lively trees? (Or mix and match trees with leaves and trees without leaves)

I like the density of the forest but that foliage is causing fps drop.

FoliageCollisionVolume needs to get fixed,

And in order for that we need an SDK update because @ my SDK it compiles just fine!??

• Totem Arts Staff

And in order for that we need an SDK update because @ my SDK it compiles just fine!??

im not using the volume :P

the reason the map is laggy is that its not completely optimized yet ... and for some reason i cant get lod's to work on foliage with a wind material

im not using the volume :P

the reason the map is laggy is that its not completely optimized yet ... and for some reason i cant get lod's to work on foliage with a wind material

I've copied your bushes and them LOD's work fine??

Anyways, your current cull on those bushes is like 16000 !! Looking at your dense forest, i'd say 5000 would suffice as well..

Also, you don't really cull trees once you're in the middle.. it might also be an idea to cull some rocks from the different bases, say you're in the GDI base, you could cull some out-of-sight rocks in the Nod base.

Not to mention the tiberium cave..

• Totem Arts Staff

I've copied your bushes and them LOD's work fine??

Anyways, your current cull on those bushes is like 16000 !! Looking at your dense forest, i'd say 5000 would suffice as well..

Also, you don't really cull trees once you're in the middle.. it might also be an idea to cull some rocks from the different bases, say you're in the GDI base, you could cull some out-of-sight rocks in the Nod base.

Not to mention the tiberium cave..

im on looking at segregate the trees in to different groups like the out er rim of treen having a high cull and the inner stuff having a low cull ... but alot of culling is obsolete due to the precomputed advisability volume

• 4 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Beach Head v1.3 http://www.mediafire.com/download/mo099 ... d+V1.3.rar

- added soft world bounders around the entire map

- added out of map post processing volumes

- removed the PT kismet and applied settings via properties box's

- added tib lens flares to tib fields

- made the wet sand look more "wet"

- added new sounds to helipad kismet (should only play to client)

- added a new check for helipad (must have silo to gain air units)

- made all pt triggers client side only (unsure if servers will see air unit vehicle spawns)

- fixed lost materials on foliage trees

- added flowers to landscape (so pretty)

- added vehicle blocking volumes to infantry only paths

- change the sky material

- played with the fog make it look a bit better

- optimized the map a little bit more

(Beach Head needs online testing for kismet and PT properties)

Yoo Kenz, just tested a bit, my conclusion:

- I really like the map, there is so much space, but there could be a bit more to do (but I have to check it out again to completely cover it)

- The helipad doesn't work and takes you to the 'normal' purchase terminal. Maybe ask Ruud if he can have a look at it for you?

- I noticed there is a line of sight when I move, but on this map it really shows as a 'line.' See image!

Lineofsight.jpg.481a7fdb9d4cab0a6e340f879d0f57e3.jpg

• Totem Arts Staff

More bugs you could fix:

The apache/chinook spawns for GDI Side. And you can only buy 1 apache or 1 chinook (You can't buy a second one, even its destroyed)

q5i4ssZ.jpg

Landscape at GDI Bar is crappy

2ZrQR6t.jpg

At 1 time the endgame camera enters a softboundary volume

• 3 months later...

Barr can be killed with a beacon on the rocks above it but requires an air veh to get there, same with Nod ref which can easily be reached by a patch (possibly hon too) which can be impossible to disarm in time without air veh. Also there are many small rocks around the buildings that can hide a beacon.