[Map] CNC-River

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

After a Holiday last week I got a great idea for a new map. It's almost done with the develop phase. I'm about to begin with the testing phase coming week. I hope I'll be ready with the map this week so I can upload it. I'm coming week again on holiday. And I hope that I get a fresh new idea for another map.

Anyway. Here are some photos of the map. The map is called CNC-River:

[attachment=1]CNC-River (GDI Base).png[/attachment]

GDI Base

[attachment=0]CNC-River (Nod Base).png[/attachment]

Nod Base

Edited by Guest

If you blend the rocks with eachother and rotate them on all axis', they will look a lot more natural. I really like the approach with the river and the silo in the middle. The route to the silo needs less lightposts though :P It's like a Christmas boulevard :)

• Totem Arts Staff

Yeah I'm changing things. You can walk now though the forest. I've figured out why my foliage collision volume didnt work. You can now swim in the river. The infantry path (catwalks) are bigger so bots wont get stuck.

And I'm still working on it so i dont know when i release the next version

• 5 months later...

Wow, totally forgot about this. There should really be a list with maps which are unfinished so people can keep track of it and (maybe) contribute.

Do you have any ingame screenshots? And when can we test it? (not putting pressure on you :D)

• Totem Arts Staff
Wow, totally forgot about this. There should really be a list with maps which are unfinished so people can keep track of it and (maybe) contribute.

Do you have any ingame screenshots? And when can we test it? (not putting pressure on you :D)

The map is like 50%finished (really. The Nod side has more decoration than the GDI side. This map will introduce a bridge that automaticly opens. And you can close it in the control tower. When closed, vehicles can go to the other side of the map

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Another update on the map:

I've been working of the lay-out of the map and changed refinery's and tiberium fields like how it is done on Islands and Complex. So it won't take hours till the harverster gets back. The chance that your harverster will be destroyed is like 10% now. I added a destroyed Shore Defence Cannon in the background.

I also did some changes in the field. It's not an OPEN field anymore. With some landscaping and adding in rocks it you will get more cover for your vehicle.

pKjdrXV.png

k12kFb9.png

ZAFD9XL.png

wCEAX6V.png

Need to be done:

- The background

- AI paths ( I already did that in a previous version but it was sh*t back then)

- Endgame camera ( Was also sh*t in a previous version)

- Minimap (Which I think won't be there because I don't have Photoshop and with Paint it will be crappy)

More updates coming soon

PaintDotNet

If not, I could do it for you. Map file, viewport "top", zoomed out to show whole map in screenshot, take the screenshot and post it. I will compare how other minimap graphics look, and will use PaintDotNet to render one for this. Probably have to do at least a wee bit of shadowing to imply terrain height to the mimimap. If you can, make the screenshot take as much space as possible and hide the edges of the editor and also the geometry lines and tools and such.

Criticism

Large is always possibly interesting, I have no problem with that. What would be nice though, is if there were more little nubby rocks for tanks to navigate through and around. Much like Island's rocks, they are necessary to prevent tank combat from being a thoughtless battle of "throwing balls of damage at each other". Then again, this was addressed before, and you did add stuff, so it may be enough and that one very open-spaced picture might not do the whole thing justice. If so, ignore me.

If you place the buildings far away from each other, it'll be easier for SBH's to nuke your base, engineers have to look for it and it's even harder since they're slower now.

The buildings on X Mountain used to be further apart from eachother, and they were put closer together because of SBH nuking.

• Totem Arts Staff

Update February 21th 2016

Just a small update with the revolution of Renegade X. NEW BUILDINGS!!! (Well they're not scripted, only meshes with Ruud's Building Interface Mutator)

Added:

- Helipad by Kenz

- Silo by Renegade X Team (materials edited by Thommy)

- Repair Facility by Thommy (NOTE: This is not the one from Henk. I made this one)

XAUkH1X.png

(NOTE: I haven't builded lights yet so it looks a bit crappy)

This is it for a few days. I'm upcoming week a few days on holiday so no updates or videos on my YouTube channel

Nice Day light ,not too dark and map look gud ! :)

Well there is still a huge problem that really need to fix. You can easy B2B

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah but the map was made a very long time ago and my mapping skills were very bad. I flashed the map out very bad.

Sad, but if you think you can do it better, than you probably should!

• 1 month later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Update:

So it's been a while since there was an update of this map. Cause I've been re-designing the map and that took a while. I have re-done everything. And fixed also a lot

--Changelist--

- Fixed the annoying B2B problem. I removed the infantry path and added a new infantry path / bridge to get to the other base

- Removed all base defence

- Removed the silo island in the center of the map

- Added 2 silo's to each side of the map

- Created a new landscape material that fits better to the map

- Added a lot of foliage tree's in the map (yes it has collision for characters and not for vehicles, but will be blocked for vehicles)

- Got rid of the crappy kismet bridge and just added a regular bridge that looks good for this map

- Moved both PP's to a new location

- Moved the airtower to the other side of the Airstrip

pmF9myd.jpg

Z8kDccI.jpg

vclUFhT.jpg

--To do--

- Paths / AI

- Background of the map

- Endgame Camera

- Edit some lights to non-lit version

- Volumes

• Totem Arts Staff
Looks very nice! But the nod base looks like a nightmare to defend with the buildings so far apart, how about adding base defences?

It also would be cool with some bunkers for defending the bridges.

Well don't worry cause I the only one Thommy already thought about that. In the vehicle path / field are already 2 bunkers and 1 watchtower for each team

Building lights atm. It's already busy for three hours!!!!! and it's at f*cking 3%

Edit: 4 hours gone and at 3,39%

Wasn't there someone on this forum with a PC configured to build lights fast(er)?

If it takes way longer than on your other maps, maybe there's a setting wrong somewhere.

From the screenshot it looks like your map is mostly lit by the dominant point light, or are there a lot of point lights compared to your other maps?

• Totem Arts Staff

I've found the problem. I had 2 huge mountain backgrounds and 1 small one. I think this was the problem

No I used a few point lights. So i used only a domain directional light

EDIT: Think it isnt fixed. 1 hour passed and is at 2%

- Check the tree mesh which you're using, check their lightmapresolution, is it still at 128?

- The mesarock02 also has a lightmapres of 128 by default, if you can get away with it, maybe it's worth downgrading to 64? that will also reduce light builds

- Did you uncheck 'compress shadowmaps' in the world properties?

- Is the "Num Indirect Lighting Bounces" in the world properties higher than say, 5?

- Do you have any lights that are messed up in their settings regarding minimum and maximum shine radius?

- Do you have a spotlight that has an infinite radius? (I know I had issues with this on CS at the front of the ship, also took me 6 hours to build because of that)

- Do you have a skylight next to the dominant directional light?

• Totem Arts Staff
- Check the tree mesh which you're using, check their lightmapresolution, is it still at 128?

- The mesarock02 also has a lightmapres of 128 by default, if you can get away with it, maybe it's worth downgrading to 64? that will also reduce light builds

- Did you uncheck 'compress shadowmaps' in the world properties?

- Is the "Num Indirect Lighting Bounces" in the world properties higher than say, 5?

- Do you have any lights that are messed up in their settings regarding minimum and maximum shine radius?

- Do you have a spotlight that has an infinite radius? (I know I had issues with this on CS at the front of the ship, also took me 6 hours to build because of that)

- Do you have a skylight next to the dominant directional light?

- Is 64

- Also 64

- was not unchecked

- was 6, putted down to 4

- no

- I don't have spotlights in this map

- no

EDIT: Rebuilding lights without tree's works fine. Tree foliage was the problem