Patriot

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sharra

ah man that would be fun part of a pach perhaps

that would be lame for a Renegade.

but what if you just host a local server, will there then be a box where you type your vehc. limit, just like you do with starting creds? and what will be listed as a standard?

Originally posted by [NE

Fobby[GEN]]Yeah if you have UT you'll know what I mean. There's settings, checkboxes etc where you can set up what you want on the server.

Now I don't have any UT right now, but I think I know what you mean still

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been asked already, but how will you be able to choose character classes? As in how exactly will it happen, will it be just like CCR, or will you have to modify it in some way to make it work? Also, about the destruction animations, I see your point, but what about just making it so that there are destruction animations, but they don't effect the spawn points? For example, in the case of the power plant, you could have the tube thing collapse to one side of it, or maybe crumble in on itself, but not break any of the main structure or anything, but possibly have some holes in the wall, etc, but most of the debris flies outward, not inward, so it still looks cool but doesn't obstruct the spawn points. Something like that.

Once again, sorry if this has been asked/suggested before, but I'm in a bit of a hurry and don't really want to read everything....

• Totem Arts Staff

No problem... you don't have to read everything just the first post. Now to answer your questions-

Changing character classes will work the same. If you have enough credits, you go to the purchase terminal and buy the character you want. As for destruction of buildings, like we said there won't be a full collapse of the building, but there will obviously be parts of the building that WILL break. Holes in the wall, cracks, ruined things, etc.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Anthrax

Yes. We're also planning 1st person views for vehicles.

if you do manage to do this then would it be a good idea to add a speed-o-meter to it biggrin.gif would make the screen more interactive and make things like a gearbox ect.. for manual drive!

and how about the Double kill, Monserkill, Wicked Sick, messages?...i hope there in.....or maybe become an option for the ones who likes that biggrin.gif and how about the gore, blood and stuff.....there not become censurated right?....

The way thopse are setup we can have new ones, for a building kill we can have cabal or EVA say something like good job commander, or anything else...thing is finding a nice lil saying for each event.

Headshots could be used for any one hit kill weapon, such as the ramjet or railgun...and ofcourse only when it's a headshot...lol

in UT 2004 u also got "Dare Devil" (when u make a big jump with a vehicle) and "Road Kill" bumbing over someone with a vehicle....then another thing about killing.....what about the "Boink" when killing in ren....i just love that sound xD

i know some possible announcements: after killing "D-D-Doubuilding kill" xD lol....and when killing 3 buildings u'll get "Devils Demolusher", and when u destroy 4 biuldings : "Lunatic Lonetrooper" biggrin.gif

Why not just make it optional? I mean, those who doesn't think the messages should be there, turn 'em off.

Those who would enjoy hearing a "MEGA KILL" when they run over a small rush of n00bs with a tractor could just leave it on.

• 2 weeks later...

While I understand your position on the remakes of standard Renegade maps, what new content, besides the Recon bike, could we see on custom maps? What about more buildings like the Con Yard, or the Communications Center, or Guard Towers?

• 3 weeks later...

Ther's actually a mod for UT2k4 that turns it into Renegade, but it sucks (vehicles are stock with new features, untextured buildings, etc.) But it had one awesome feature, where it would let one player become commander with an overhead view, complete with building buildings. biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Will there be AI so that we can play offline, like the Multiplayer Practice? (Preferably with more maps than just the one....

Will the AI cheat? (For example AGT AI and AI controlled soldiers could often "see" stealth units, the AI could also purchase special units even after their Barracks/HoN had been destroyed or regardless of how much money they *should* have left).

Will you improve upon some of the units? For example, rather than acting like actual artillery, or the Artillery in TibDawn, the Nod Artillery in Renegade acted like a tank with weak armor and long distance shells, will your version of the Nod Artillery act like regular artillery (lobbing shells in an arc) or like the Renegade Artillery (firing straight like a tank)?

Yes we will have AI, but we will need a good coder for that( So no estimate on when we will have it, but it's planned for.

AI will need to drive tanks, repair, C4 MCT's...etc..

They won;t cheat, again...we will need a great coder to handle all AI.

Arty will be most likely be like it is in renegade...but you never know.

• Totem Arts Staff

Actually Titan, UT3 will have some of the greatest AI of all of next gen. We all know how good the UT 2004 AI was. They had realistic aim, they got into tanks, they followed radio commands, etc. UT3 will be introducing a campaign mode to the UT series as well, so that forces them to make their AI's even better. AI's are not a problem.

Arty should stay the same, it was many people's favourite unit. I love it how it is: Slow, long ranged, powerful, easy to use and perfect. All of Renegade's units and weapons were "point and shoot" based, except the grenadier, which is why a lot of people suck at using it.

Originally posted by [NE

Fobby[GEN]]Actually Titan, UT3 will have some of the greatest AI of all of next gen. We all know how good the UT 2004 AI was. They had realistic aim, they got into tanks, they followed radio commands, etc. UT3 will be introducing a campaign mode to the UT series as well, so that forces them to make their AI's even better. AI's are not a problem.

Arty should stay the same, it was many people's favourite unit. I love it how it is: Slow, long ranged, powerful, easy to use and perfect. All of Renegade's units and weapons were "point and shoot" based, except the grenadier, which is why a lot of people suck at using it.

I think the arties front wheels should turn when you are turning.

Also,

1:Will you add iron sights to any guns just for fun or as a server option?

2:Are you going to keep some of the glitches that with ought them renegade would not be the same?(Wall jumping for example)

3:Are you going to add custom ability messages to the ALT+1-9 thing in players options?

Boy, seems like I've always gots me some questions for you guys.

Besides the Recon Bike, will any other TibDawn-non-Renegade units make an appearance in the game, like on custom maps? The SSM launcher for example?

• Totem Arts Staff

Fnkqrrm was made up you know... all you needed to type was "extras" in F8. "extras fnkqrrm" is just a misconception someone made up once upon a time.

We'll do some extras once we get the other characters done, but extras will be a server-side option. And they'll most likely be different from Renegade's.

Originally posted by [NE

Fobby[GEN]]Fnkqrrm was made up you know... all you needed to type was "extras" in F8. "extras fnkqrrm" is just a misconception someone made up once upon a time.

We'll do some extras once we get the other characters done, but extras will be a server-side option. And they'll most likely be different from Renegade's.

If you use the original scripts.dll (Not jonwils version) I'm pretty sure fnkqrrm works.

But.. what-ever, Atleast you guys are keeping the game original. 8)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm telling you, that will ruin smaller games.

Consider. 4 Vs 4; Volcano. SBH plants nuke at the back of the Rax. A patch leaving the PP hears the beacon sound and investigates, finds and kills the SBH, then has to go back inside the PP or Rax, then get a hotty then come out and TIMES UP! BOOM! rax explodes. Whereas, if he could get a PT through the wall, he would've saved the bar. (assuming the other three team members, who probably should've been a med, hotty and sniper came back to help, they'd still be late, esp. if Nod attacks them on thier way back)

At least consider making it a serverside option.

• 1 month later...

Then another Question, will this be an add on (like an extra Gametype) or a total conversion....so it's possible to make a CNC-map with UT3 veh's and builings and weapons versus, the Whole CNC arsenal xD....

Because then i'd like to make an add on for this add on :D ...because i'd like to make WarZone2100 third person like the CNC-gametype....

This mod is summed up with:

UT07 ---------> Renegade.

It's a complete conversion, none of UT's units etc will be present.

In reply -

No, you can still play Unreal 3 without the need for another, seperate install. (Have you installed a Ut2004 Mod, it'd probably work like that?)