Renegade X - Recruitment!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Sita Duncan.

I am primarily a 2-d artist, but I would like to help with the project however I can, be it splash art, cover art, or "propaganda" art pieces. For an example of what I mean by propaganda art, I will link you to a piece of art done by Jeff Axer on deviantart; one of his images for Team Fortress 2: http://jayaxer.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d2fkqkc

Something like that, but for Renegade X, I think, would be greatly amusing.

You can find many examples of my art work on my portfolio website: http://sitaduncan.weebly.com/

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

-Sita

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Yes, I have already composed songs, altough none of them are... Finished. I tend to run out of inspiration and/or time to finish them properly. I don't really think they are worth listening to, but I could post them if you want me to.

I will start working on something that may be of use to the game next week.

I am still not a modeler, I make the textures. More a 2D artist. I know it's different but from what I saw (your current textures) I can do the same. I would just need some tips to create the different map needed from my PSD (such stuff as specular or normal map...)

I have the graphical skill, I just need some quick tips for the possibilites.

Some of my last works.

http://media.moddb.com/images/games/1/1 ... itcase.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/games/1/1 ... rooper.jpg

I am a quick self-learner. I started texturing in 2002 with no skills at all and from what I see, as most of the details are done on the model on UDK, it would then be even more easy for me I guess. (I just need to read one or two tutorials for what I miss as explained and if you can link me to that and send me a small props on my email, then I will show you what I can do.)

I listened to the ost of Black Dawn. I have to say that these remakes are beyond my skill in quality... but I could remake/compose less skill demanding ambient music.

I was wondering if you already have something similar to the music payed during multiplayer practice:

• Former Developers

@Renardin,

Hey, I am still not really convinced that you will be able to produce work that is up to current gen par. The other thing is that we do not have any un-textured models simply because we only take on artist that can handle creating something from start to finish. All of our artist are fully capable of modeling, unwrapping and texturing their own assets so we've never really needed anyone who just textures or just makes models. So even if you were the best guy in the world at texturing, and as much as I would like to have more artists on the team, unfortunately I don't think there would be anything for you to do. The only thing I can think of is re-texturing older assets that are not really up to par, but that is something we're intentionally staying away from because it can unnecessarily extend development time.

@NowhereNews,

If you want to make a track for renegade x then that is up to you. We don't have a remake of that particular track, but again, we have no idea where your skill set lies so its hard for me to give you a solid answer.

• 4 months later...

Hey, I am a graphic artist, I am interested in helping, maybe do some promotional artwork or such, I have experience working with Hammerpoint Interactive and a few other small Company's designing logos and promotional artwork for games. Most recent was a Promotional wallpaper for a zombie survival game called War Z (Infestation Survivor stories now)

My Portfolio is http://www.behance.net/SketchzDesigns

I would love to assist if any help in promoting or artwork is needed. Please reply :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys.

I am a long time c&c renegade fan. I personaly have no experience with 3D art etc. but i went to a programming university where they have a unique batchlor / master for game dev!

ALOT of students there would love to help on this project.

I think you can find alot of intrested partys over on there forums (alot of games out there so you might wanna introduce yourself).

A link to the education is found here http://www.digitalartsandentertainment.be/?#/en/News/

You can even trow a shout out to the teachers (i know some of em from back in the studying days and they are always on the lookout for fun projects to teach with)

Hope this helps !

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. I see that you are very picky on the candidates, so I can't but wonder: what is the .. err .. status, I guess .. of your team? It soesn't look like your next open-source fan video game project in both the privacy and (luckily!) the quality of art. You don't even have a publicly-available dev forum. Is it because you have some sort of NDA or CLA or some such stuff? On the very least: what is your license? Will the sources be available (I already asked this question on IRC, but the answer wasn't very determent), and if yes - under what license. And with what copyrights.

Hi there. I see that you are very picky on the candidates, so I can't but wonder: what is the .. err .. status, I guess .. of your team? It soesn't look like your next open-source fan video game project in both the privacy and (luckily!) the quality of art. You don't even have a publicly-available dev forum. Is it because you have some sort of NDA or CLA or some such stuff? On the very least: what is your license? Will the sources be available (I already asked this question on IRC, but the answer wasn't very determent), and if yes - under what license. And with what copyrights.

Renegade X is not open source.

Renegade X is not open source.

That is not quite true. First, in the news about RX-0.5 release there is a note that the sources and a map editor should be available, although I didn't find them, so maybe the devs decided otherwise later, and second, some developer (RypeL, IIRC) said that there are plans to release the current sources "soon©".

And anyway, it doesn't answer the question about the license and such.

And anyway, it doesn't answer the question about the license and such.

Totem Arts doesn't own any license. This is an EA property that EA has given permission for Totem Arts to use provided they make no money off of it. Everything the devs do in terms of recruitment and development and publicity are purely because that's just how they like to do things, not because of some licensing agreement.

Hello dear Totem Arts Team,

I have a question to you and the Developer-Team: Are you still searching for programmers, sound artists, etc.?

Because I would like to help you if you're searching. I have experiences with:

Game-Engines:

- Unreal-Development-Kit (learning it at the moment)

- The Source-Engine (I've made a small Mod for Half Life 2)

- Unity3D (tried to make a horror game with it)

Modeling-Programmes:

- 3DS-Max (learning it at the moment)

- Google-Sketchup (made things for Unity3D with it)

- A little bit with Blender

Others:

- Joomla 2.5 (I had a website once)

- The C&C Worldbuilders (for Tiberium Wars, Red Alert 3 and Tiberian Twilight; I've made a lot of maps since 2010)

- Audacity

Maybe I can help you a bit, it would be a pleasure to me.

And maybe you know my project, at which I am working at the moment: ;)

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=72684

It would be a pleasure to me if I can help this awesome community.

Sincerely, Konrad ;)

• 11 months later...

They are, as far as I have seen, mostly typos and sentences which have an awkward structure. For example, when a player commits suicide, it is written "comitted" instead of "committed". Another example that comes to mind is the structure of the sentence which gives players a tip on timing airstrikes (I haven't got the exact sentence in mind, but it basically tells you to time your airstrikes because they take a few seconds before hitting their target).

I would like to help correct all these little things and just to do my (very little) part in helping this great game grow. I could compile the corrected text either in an MS Word file or in a private message. It isn't much and perhaps you've already fixed all of these things in Beta 4, but if you haven't, I'm offering to help.

• Totem Arts Staff
They are, as far as I have seen, mostly typos and sentences which have an awkward structure. For example, when a player commits suicide, it is written "comitted" instead of "committed". Another example that comes to mind is the structure of the sentence which gives players a tip on timing airstrikes (I haven't got the exact sentence in mind, but it basically tells you to time your airstrikes because they take a few seconds before hitting their target).

I would like to help correct all these little things and just to do my (very little) part in helping this great game grow. I could compile the corrected text either in an MS Word file or in a private message. It isn't much and perhaps you've already fixed all of these things in Beta 4, but if you haven't, I'm offering to help.

Most of the developers' first languages were not English. They are fixing them as we go. Most are gone, but some are not. It doesn't really change much

Might I make a suggestion? Upload the project to github. I'm not sure what the team's stance on open source is, but as it's very much a community driven project, it makes a lot of sense to put it on Github and let many people potentially contribute to it. The team will still keep control of what does and doesn't go in via simply accepting pull requests.

I'd love to help contribute, but I don't think it's worth going through the recruitment process as my time is quite limited. It also means things like those spelling mistakes could be a great start for someone looking to help but without much experience.

Just a suggestion.

• 4 weeks later...
That's actually something I was thinking about recently, but we haven't discussed it as a team as of yet, although I don't see why we couldn't.

That would be really cool, especially with the new SDK being out. People could just clone the Repo for all their modding goodness and it'll keep up to date with changes and patches.

• 5 months later...
Might I make a suggestion? Upload the project to github. I'm not sure what the team's stance on open source is, but as it's very much a community driven project, it makes a lot of sense to put it on Github and let many people potentially contribute to it. The team will still keep control of what does and doesn't go in via simply accepting pull requests.

I'd love to help contribute, but I don't think it's worth going through the recruitment process as my time is quite limited. It also means things like those spelling mistakes could be a great start for someone looking to help but without much experience.

Just a suggestion.

That's actually something I was thinking about recently, but we haven't discussed it as a team as of yet, although I don't see why we couldn't.

I second this as well! Would love to help doing things but since I'm currently making a game my time is quite limited. Keep us updated!

The source is already on GitHub, though the master branch hasn't been getting updated regularly (last updated about a month ago?), so I'll update it at some point today. All the non-code stuff isn't on GitHub, though.

Edit: Forgot to mention where it's at on Github, which is here: https://github.com/TotemArts/Renegade-X

• Fffreak9999 locked this topic
  • Agent unlocked, unpinned and locked this topic