When the team limit on Vehicles has been reached, and you try to Purchase....

isupreme

When the team limit on Vehicles has been reached,  and you try to Purchase....    If i am not mistaken,  there is no signal that your purchase did not go thru.

With the influx of new players   !!Nice!     I have been noticing the issues that they run into.   Yes there are many, including the lack of a tutorial......  But one thing I noticed was players saying   " I can't find my tank"      Now there can be many reasons for this..  But I think this post is about one of them.

If there is no signal your purchase has failed... .and you do not know to look at the Vehicle Limit....  And you are not noticing your credits........then you ask... .  Where is my Tank???

Should we have a sound or Notice that you cannot buy vehicles at this time?

Edited by isupreme
  • Like 3

• Totem Arts Staff

oddly enough I did notice this problem a bit more the last few days. maybe its just a coincidence with more people randomly trying to buy tanks.

I think the issue comes from, the fact that you can still access the vehicle menu even if slots are full now; so if 2 people are trying to use the last slot at the same time, there's no indicator beyond that your credits weren't used. (i think before you would be kicked out of the menu, since it wasn't accessible if full)

• Like 1

I get caught out by this sometimes (yesterdays testing for example) and I end up waiting around for my none existent vehicle to spawn or arrive. I'd definitely appreciate some sort of simple negative sound effect that plays to communicate that the purchase wasn't accepted.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Gex_str said:

As far as I remember it would lock you out of Vehicle Purchase menu when vehicle limit was full, where did that go?

Removed due to it being very easy to accidentally sell your character or buy a free character. Especially frustrating when you could lose an adv inf with no hon/bar

Removed due to it being very easy to accidentally sell your character or buy a free character. Especially frustrating when you could lose an adv inf with no hon/bar

I don't quite understand this , tho i sense its truth.     How does this happen?

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, isupreme said:

I don't quite understand this , tho i sense its truth.     How does this happen?

Myself and many other players just press the hotkeys as fast as possible to buy stuff. For example, open PT, press V to open menu, 3 to buy arty.

But if vehicles arent available, you cant open the menu, which means you end up buying a grenadier or flametrooper.

• Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff

We can probably add a UI thing to show what queue your vehicle is, and something we have in Firestorm that we can translate to RenX is a commander-like marker that shows where your vehicle is when it is still "locked" to you at the beginning (30 seconds i think), and you haven't entered yet.

unknown.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 5:20 PM, Agent said:

There's an EVA message at the top left, but with so much information/noise in the game, it's very easy to miss (and I myself often forget it's there!)

Holy crap, there is?! I play this game for quite a while and never knew this...

Anyway, what about adding the old "Keep 'em comin!" sound from the original Renegade as a purchase confirmation sound? That's how it was in the old days - if you heard it - the purchase is done. If you didn't hear it - no purchase done.

• Like 2