Bug 'cannot leave building during gameload'

Ryz

Knew it before the patch was made, don't really care I don't think it's that big of a deal

I like to be able to see and move around the map from above at the start of the game, especially if it's a new map or unfamiliar, got to say, your attitude absolutely stinks on this one.

Edited by Mystic~
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

image.jpeg.3bf6f92c66cf5f2d9aa684cc9363127e.jpeg

Jokes aside, it'll probably get fixed eventually. It would be nice though if folks would choose not to be so hostile though. It is much more difficult for devs to be motivated, or for me to try to motivate other devs, when players are just being constantly and openly hostile every time someone from the team (or anywhere really) speaks their quick opinion or thoughts.

Let's try to foster a more positive environment, instead of a toxic one. People won't work in a toxic environment; in a non-volunteer project that's just workplace abuse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

A developer of the game saying they knew already, that they 'don't really care' in a bug report topic about a patch that just unintentionally broke a really useful feature of the game despite knowing about it looks like a really sloppy developer process, which I'm calling out as bad attitude. If they didn't know about this beforehand it would have had a different tone. Your team needs to be prepared to take fair criticism when it angers or annoys people who play the game and I don't buy your disproportionate and silly use of 'toxic environment' and 'workplace abuse'.

• Thanks 4
  • Downvote 2

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Mystic~ said:

A developer of the game saying they knew already, that they 'don't really care' in a bug report topic about a patch that just unintentionally broke a really useful feature of the game despite knowing about it looks like a really sloppy developer process, which I'm calling out as bad attitude. If they didn't know about this beforehand it would have had a different tone. Your team needs to be prepared to take fair criticism when it angers or annoys people who play the game and I don't buy your disproportionate and silly use of 'toxic environment' and 'workplace abuse'.

I would say the trade off is quite worth it. If people don't like it, that's fine. I'm not gonna take time out of my day to go and fix this bug since it's not a high priority. I am not motivated nor am I feeling well enough to be looking through stuff to try and fix bugs, I am taking time for myself. While I am sure it can be annoying and since it has been a thing for a while, an unexpected change, people may be shocked to find the tradeoff, but it is a worthwhile trade in my opinion.

And yes it's an easy fix, but there are plenty of small bugs in RenX that could be fixed with a little time and due diligence but at the moment I am not really that active in coding.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sarie said:

For the record, it wasn't an "easy" fix, but it is fixed and will be in next patch.

Thank you for fixing it!

From my point of view, it was not a real big issue, it is nice and funny to fly around to see where are crates are, but I think it is much more important that closed doors are saving inf from splash damage. Which was basically a matter of consideration by Sarah, which I can fully understand. There are much more important stuff inside the game which have to be fixed.

And one thing I really want to say, we players have the chance to play Renegade X for free and it is still a beta version, dev's invest their free time to develop the game and take it further. Therefore I appeal to you to express your displeasure in a more friendly way and to be happy that you can play RenX.

That was my two cents on this topic 🙂

• Like 3

Thanks for fixing this, I hope it doesn't take months for a follow up patch to correct game files, it's a feature that I think many people would not understand how much they used or missed it until it goes missing.

Just an observation from todays pug, and perhaps I've got some variable wrong somewhere, but a Nod defence turret shot at the Obelisk that Madkyll was hiding in earlier on very low health as a spy behind a shut door and he then seemed to die internally from some sort of splash damage from the artillery shell striking the door, was this meant to happen? Is the idea now that an enclosed space is totally protected? How is a door more protective than a bulkhead wall? Can placing C4 on the back of the barracks still kill people repairing inside?

There are much more important stuff inside the game which have to be fixed.

For curiosity sake, what for example?

40 minutes ago, Mystic~ said:

How is a door more protective than a bulkhead wall? Can placing C4 on the back of the barracks still kill people repairing inside?

yes this is a good point, a door cannot protect the same way like walls, but I think you can invest a lot of time to consider how and to what extent to protect what.

Today I noticed that outside C4 still kills/damages inf inside.

Funfact: If you throw a timed C4 on a closed door, and door opens the C4 is floats on the same position 😄

40 minutes ago, Mystic~ said:

For curiosity sake, what for example?

- Soundbug

- Memory Error

- Team balance

just a few things which come to my mind on the quick, even if I know some of these things cannot fixed by the dev team

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 11:55 PM, Ryz said:

A new bug since last update. Guess something to do with the recent changes to doors not allowing splash damage!

It's part of the Covid 19 lock-down I'm afraid, it'll stay that way till quarantine is over, stay safe and stay inside everyone!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, MammothMKII said:

It's part of the Covid 19 lock-down I'm afraid, it'll stay that way till quarantine is over, stay safe and stay inside everyone!

It is already solved in the dev version, will be included in the next hotfix / patch.

14 hours ago, Snow said:

- Soundbug

- Memory Error

- Team balance

just a few things which come to my mind on the quick, even if I know some of these things cannot fixed by the dev team

The aforementioned issues are long known to the development team, which strives to mitigate them. However, some of these problems are rooted deeply in the game engine and often can not be deterministically recreated - all aggravating the already non-trivial problem. Regarding team balance: it is a complex, multi-faceted problem, which the team sought to solve during the last years with varying success. Not so long ago with the implementation and subsequent release of the MMR system, we have tried to improve upon this field, but it needs to be noted, however,  that there is a human factor in the equation acerbating any past and present efforts to achieve balance. Namely, people still can disconnect or time their reconnect or swap etc. to upset the algorithmically determined balance, so this would probably be a recurring problem in the future.

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, limsup said:

The aforementioned issues are long known to the development team, which strives to mitigate them. However, some of these problems are rooted deeply in the game engine and often can not be deterministically recreated - all aggravating the already non-trivial problem.

I know that, and it's an understandable problem. Thank you very much for your further explanations.

These should only be just examples due to the demand from mystic.

Edited by Snow