while next match loads... rate the last game. IDEA

isupreme

I am thinking of that time we spend after the map is chosen, and everyone is loading up for the next battle.

It is cool that we can spin the dial and play with choosing what type of basic character we will start with....

..... It is during this time :

Could we provide players with the opportunity to rate the game they just played?

i.e.    During the wait for a game to start there is the option to rate the game just played from a 1 (bad game) to a 5  (great game).

Would this give the developers good feed back ?

• Like 6

I guess, if people fill it in honestly, that it can give a good sense of the average game quality.
The problem after this, is that something 'needs' to be done with this feedback. 

I havent played a lot lately, but basically the game playerbase consists out of two 'large' groups. One group which says stacking is a huge problem for game quality. Another group which says they are playing with friends (called stackers by the people who believe in stacking). And since this group enjoys their gametime and does not acknowlegde / think it Is causing issues for other gamers they will likely vote they had a good experience. 

And if you look at the broader discussion we've allready seen that, even though polls provided feedback about mayor gameflaws, things will (likely) not change. So in the end this idea creates feedback on which people will (likely) not act. 

Edited by Ryz
  • Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Tytonium said:

If you guys could implement a balancing system that gradually learns from the match ratings that'd be dope. Although because Under and Field are still in the game I have the lowest of expectations.

There's too many variables of a match, and too little data to go off of to make accurate results.

• Like 1

A Rating won't be that good will it? It's not indicative of the map, but the subjective experience that player had at that moment. For example there are a lot of people who seem to hate Under, yet it is voted for an aweful lot by the community. So by default you have a bunch of players who hate the map flow and will rate against it, while another group might be influenced by how well the game was played. I prefer close battles where my opponents are about equal in power and skill, yet as a rule a lot of people will go "GG!" the moment they can absolutely crush their opponents despite them beating up an outnumbered bunch of newbs. And even that loss can cause people to rate it negatively even though there might be nothing wrong with the map.

I think the forums are a better place to discuss the maps. Perhaps you could make a weekly/monthly discussion about a single map, and also advertise that in-game so players are encouraged to come here and talk about it. That way you get a more clear idea of the pro's and con's of each map as you take in the entire experience, not just that one game where people weren't having fun. For example: Besides that it's picked a lot, what is the reason there is a hard-core anti-Under group that get's outvoted so much? Is it the map flow? Is one faction much more likely to win? Perhaps add the win/loss ratio of GDI/NOD in the thread if you have those numbers.

• Like 1