Can non mine laying characters know when AT mines are gone?

isupreme

I  like to use AT mines.    I find them effective in defensive situations.

But often when i place my AT mines,  i move on and play another role in the battle.     

Is there a way to know if my AT mines are gone... while i play a different character from the one that placed them?

i.e.   i buy a rocketer and place AT mine.  then i change to a hotwire and heal team.    If my AT mines get used i want to replace them.  BUT i have to buy a character with mines to find out if that is even necessary.

If there was a way to know if my AT mines were still active or gone... i could continue playing......

• Like 3

Agree 100% with this. Usually I will avoid Rocket Soldiers for AT mining. I prefer to go Sydney or Raveshaw and defend against vehicle rushes, placing AT mines in weird spots that people won't expect. That way I have a reason to stay as that character and thus when the mines go off, I get a push notification.

Kinda limits your options though, and the things cost 1k each so if you lose one you better have some money saved up.

I totally understand the bloated HUD feeling. 

One of the main reasons i ask is because it would help me be effective when funding is in short supply.     This often happens when my team is pretty well beat up.   Instead of throwing up my hands and voting surrender....   when I have somewhat useful strategies I will fight on.

Basic cheap plan is:  Buy rocket, place AT mine,  join a hail mary rush.  Die.   Return as something else and keep up the fight.

Another aspect of being able to see AT count would be a sort of trip wire knowledge of enemy action.     If i remember where my AT mines are, when they trip it is intel that can be useful, maybe. 

Edited by isupreme
spelling

• Totem Arts Staff

I think overall AT mines are an under used tool and making their presence better known would be helpful.

I'd argue at mine usage is higher priority than say on screen view of current tank slots or even credits (in battle you don't really NEED to have constant view of that (could be moved to tab screen ala Harvesters)

[Same with buildings in play, but I digress]

question: well, mine count is helpful
but how many players rly take a look on mine count?
in a team with 32 players, i feel it's never more than 4 or 5
and i'm one of these guys who keep an eye on mine count, another eye on vehicle count, an eye on map, an eye on enemies, an eye on my m8 and an eye on playerlist to ask to mods to kick AFKs
i need moar dakka eyes

I'm pretty much against any non-vital information being added to the HUD. I already find the amount of info to be too much and confusing. That isn't to say there shouldn't be a counter available to view though. Just not on the HUD. This goes for proximity mines as well. That sort of detail information isn't vital to your surroundings and immediate attention. Put it in a sub-window, like the scoreboard where you can call it up when you need to see it.

What's more important?

- The number of mines your team has placed.
- The buildings that are being attacked.
- The amount of health you are currently losing.

Edited by R315r4z0r

Yep.  the  HUD is pretty crowded.  Maybe too much so i realize now.

I am curious now if  AT mines could be shown on the map.   ??       Like actually shown where they are located.

I know its a crazy idea.    Would it be even more crazy if all my team's  AT Mines would display?           A commander could see where there is need.   I could see where there is need.  

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

- The number of mines your team has placed.
- The buildings that are being attacked.

It's a bit off topic but I'll just reply this for once : It's a lot more complicated because dropped mines usually is followed by instant building destruction because.... hotwire/tech happens and you would only get a few milisecond of attacked building notification before that building blows up.

So in a siege, buildings that are being attacked is usually more important, but at the same time (and also applies when it's quiet), the notification of mine losses outweigh that notification. I'm pretty sure it's a legit strategy to infiltrate a healthy unattacked building while the entire team is busy repairing the attacked building as a decoy. Considering the fact that nobody's really taking much of patrol duty in general, I wouldn't trust a team without any 24/7 indication that a mine is gone.

I don't really feel that AT Tanks are as important because unlike infiltrators, you kinda usually see them before they hit that mine anyways, unless you're dealing with Stank, and even then, those are much easier to detect than say.... SBH.

My point was that the most important thing at any given point is how much health you are currently losing. Being able to see match dependent info at a glance is nice and all, but the HUD's real job is to jump up in front of you, smack you in the face and say "Hey! Moron! You're being shot at!"