FEATURE REQUEST: HANDBRAKE BINDABLE IN UI

roweboat

• Totem Arts Staff

Currently the secret handbrake feature is hard-bound to the C key. Which is "okay". Its easy to spin my backend out to the right, but trying to swerve left, is like playing hand twister.

And nothing looks cooler than charging into battle with a buggie or humvee sideways.

Also same with L key for "Lock/Unlock". it's the only useful feature that I have to take my hand off my mouse to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Step 1 - purchase buggy

Step 2 - find flat terrain. Airstrip works fine

Step 3 - hold sprint key, crouch key, either left or right strafe key

Step 4 - SPINSPINSPINSPINS̷̛̬͛̿P̴̛͙̍͗̃̓̀̈́̀̽̈͑͌̚͠͝İ̶͔̭̗̺̈́̉N̶̨̡̧̠͚̪̗̻͐̈͜͝S̴̨̧̹̱̬͕͎͕̹͕̲̍͋̿͋̄̊͒̾͛͌̚͘͝͝ͅP̴̨̢̰͚͚̱̼̯̬̩̻͔̖̃̓̎̄̒͗̈́̽͑͒͘̚I̵̻̩̮̔̏͂̒͛̂͛́̑̌͒̌̒̚͝N̶̫̭̘̹̖̲̗͊͗̊̽̆̓̄G̷͇̭̬̱̣͍͔̞̻͔͌̈̄͑̍̅̐̋͜͝͝͝S̷̰̺̮͕̮̣̻̈́̆̇̆̔̿̒̕͠͠P̴̡̋̔͂̓̿́̐̓̄̾͑̚͝I̴̡̨̢̼̟̣͈̖̖̗̘̮̺̊̈͌̓̔̔̍̽͛͋̕N̷̢̻͍͚͑͊͌̈́̈́̓̊Ş̸̛͙̣͚̩̮͔̟̫̳̏͒̏̎̍̇̇̇̆͆̾̈́͗̄͆̅̂̐͂͗͗̊̐́̒̍̓̔̄͐̒͆͋́͐̓̕̚͘͝͠ͅP̵̛̰͂̈̓̋̓͗̾̀́̀̒̆͗͊̚͘͝I̴̡̥̼̤̗̰̩̟̪͍͈̤̭̮͚͙͔̘̼̮̞̬̙̱̬̦͍̻̟̥͒͛̽̽̓̽̅̒̊̊͑͒͐͑́͑̏̒̕͜N̴̝̠̤̪̲̬̘̲͚̤̺͉͈̬̈́͊̂̓̿̈́̄̓͒̌̐̑̎̍̏̎̔͒̽͗́̆̿͌̊̅̇̍̋̓͑͆̄̀̍̚̚͘͘͝͝͝S̴̜̫̄̊̎̑̿̓̐͋͂̄̈́̊̿̈́́̉̎̔̕P̶̡̛͙̮͈͚̻͙̮̟͈̯̮̜̺͔̜̆̑̅͆̈́̆̓͋́̒̽͜Ḭ̵̣͈̬̟̳̋̍̓̑͑͒̓̑̈̍̀̋̀̆͊͋͆̃̒͛̔̒͝͠͠Ņ̵̧̧̧͍̫͎̬̰̹̤̲͙̞͎̞̯̪̟̭̻̣̞̘̬̜̰͔̠͈̜̝̮̓̿̒̇̓Ģ̸̡̨̛̮̦̲̤̥̤̰̻̰̙̠̯͙̗̤̳̳̱̤̝̲̮͎͍̬̙̬̿̌̂̌͒̈́̌̈͐̏̎͆́̂́̂̇́́̉̆̒͒̿͛͆͌̀̑̅̑́́̄̀̈́̀̊͑̕͝͝ͅͅS̷̠͕̦̫̜̜̼̥̠̭̘͉̖̳̟̬̝̺̝̝̫͙̎̋͆̌́̆̌͑͋͆̅̐̈́̉͘͜͝ͅͅP̵̺̆̑̀̇͛̄̌̄̔̚͘̕͝ͅỊ̸̢̡̢̧͖̭̟͓̙̫̟̪̱̤̳̤̜͓̬͕̗͍̳͖̫̈́̀̆̀̈̈̊̽͒̈̉͛̄̀̄̂͌̆́̇͋̒̀̊̀̔̓̇̈́̎͗̀̚̕͘̚̕͝͠͝N̷̢̘̻͉͉͇͙̪̻̯͙̙͙̬̟̰̹̳̤̤̖͔̹̙̮̩̺̱̲̠̽̐̐͛͜

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...

Sorry to revive this post, but seconded on the suggestion for making handbrake bindable in menu.
Not sure which .ini to change and how I can change it. Can I bind space to handbrake? Do I need C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Engine\Config\BaseInput.ini and is it the "Bindings=(Name="C",Command="DoDuck")" I need to change? 

Thanks!

*edit*

Found it, it's in the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\UDKGame\Config\UDKInput.ini, line 711:
Bindings=(Name="C",Command="GBA_Duck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Changed it to:
Bindings=(Name="ThumbMouseButton2",Command="GBA_Duck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

That also changes the duck button, they both serve the same purpose, it seems.

Edited by Atomsk
found it myself
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Sakura said:

Will be in next patch. C still does handbrake, but there is another key you can bind now specifically for handbrake that won't crouch your character. That and vehicle lock will be in input menu in pause menu.

All my base are belong to you ❤️
Thank you!