When you vote for yourself as commander... its Volunteering.

isupreme

When you nominate yourself for commander,   the text should read:     isupreme Volunteers for ....    

Why?

1.  It is less egotistical.

2. It engenders the right sense of teamwork.       Team members who volunteer build teamwork.

This is NOT to say every vote should read that way....  just when you vote for yourself.

(  BTW  ~~  i generally dislike commanding, but i don't mind managing the harvy...     > isupreme hopes for future sub commanders )

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Generally I don't like if people suggest themselves as commander.
What I dislike is if people have them voted in as commander so the person can just use the CP to gain more veterancy points while he / she never communicates with the team, doesn't stop harv, and so on.

I'dd say we leave the vote the same for now unless it's easy to archieve. 

2 hours ago, Ryz said:

Generally I don't like if people suggest themselves as commander.
What I dislike is if people have them voted in as commander so the person can just use the CP to gain more veterancy points while he / she never communicates with the team, doesn't stop harv, and so on.

I'dd say we leave the vote the same for now unless it's easy to archieve. 

I dunno man. I get where you are coming from, if there was someone genuinely capable who wanted to help the team out who was blocked out by a selfish com then yeah I agree.

But in public games it can very often hard to get anyone to go comm at all. I'd rather have a selfish comm who is at least using the CP rather than no comm at all.

That said, I think changing the language around voting for yourself very much falls into the nice to have column, I'd see this a polish rather than a meaningful change.

Guest once upon the time

I think times in public games it is actually relatively uninteresting if you suggest yourself.

No idea if this is still the case in public games today, that only a few are interested in these things.Most just want to play and often a lot is ignored or just pressed any F key.
Maybe I'm wrong now, because I do not play pub anymore.

• 7 months later...